global pandemic - Page 45 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2020, 12:56 PM   #881
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Well Trump has been exposed so much and he still doesn't have it. Maybe extreme narcissism creates immunity somehow. Or he's just specially chosen by God, yeah that's it.
The good die young and assholes live forever.

Old 03-27-2020, 01:23 PM   #882
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:29 AM
Are they building any field hospitals in the states? A new one is going to go up in Manchester where I live, they have already started making extra morgues as well here.

Old 03-27-2020, 01:43 PM   #883
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:29 PM
Re: the stimulus. If the projections that significant social distancing has to last into or through the summer are true, a one-time $1200 check isn't going to mean much of anything. If you are going to legally block a huge chunk of the population from working, at some point rent and mortgage payments are going to have to be suspended, and ideally student loan and maybe credit card interest payments as well.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:44 PM   #884
Blue Crack Addict

Went out for my mail. Seriously, he has to put his name on that too? It's put out by the CDC. Not to mention it's very late in the game at this point.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200327_133916.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	12446
Old 03-27-2020, 01:47 PM   #885
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJT View Post
Are they building any field hospitals in the states? A new one is going to go up in Manchester where I live, they have already started making extra morgues as well here.
I believe they are in NYC because that makes the news as an epicenter. Don't know about other places. There are makeshift morgues outside hospitals, just so awful.

I'm glad my Governor uses his brain and said today that things won't be back to "normal", and people won't be back to work, on Easter.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:48 PM   #886
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:29 PM
Old 03-27-2020, 01:51 PM   #887
Blue Crack Addict

On the CBC they reported Cuomo confirming that 4 new hospitals will be built in NY.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:01 PM   #888
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 07:29 PM
Mayor Garcetti is telling inessential LA businesses that he's going to turn the water and electricity off on them if they don't pack it up and go home.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:24 PM   #889
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Trump is now insisting that Cuomo is exaggerating how many ventilators New York needs. And he says they're very expensive.

There you go people who voted for Trump. I could say I hope none of you are in New York and God forbid need a ventilator. And thanks for screwing us all with this idiot.
Right now NYS has about 7400 ventilators. It's estimated that we'll need 30'000 projected by peak in about 3 weeks. So trying to stock up before since we have the most cases right now.

As for drumph - FU, lazy, greedy, cruel, delusional asshat, yet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Dr Brix has slowly turned to the Orange side.

I don’t see Dr fauci doing the same, so he’ll be phased out as this gets worse.

Alabama (or maybe it was Mississippi) governor states she will not order shelter in place, cause they’re not “California”. The state has a total of 1700 icu beds.

We are probably 10-15 days away from this overrunning the countries health system
I think it was Gov of Mississippi saying "We're not like China". Fucking TWIT!

Quote:
I feel the same way about her, I just can't take her seriously now. Fauci has become like RBG at this point. Pray for his survival-literally and for his job.
I do. What a shambles of contrast between Dr Fauci and Trump!
Old 03-27-2020, 03:26 PM   #890
Blue Crack Supplier

And...
Hoping everyone already having/soon to have economic difficulties will get through this more ok than not
Old 03-27-2020, 05:42 PM   #891
Acrobat

I am glad people are pulling together. It is a devastating time but I hope we shall get through it and remember forever those we have lost.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:00 PM   #892
Blue Crack Addict

Trump really thinks the governors are supposed to kiss his ass. No ass kissing equals no PPE or ventilators, I guess.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:20 PM   #893
Blue Crack Distributor

He's a clown. A shitty shitty clown.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:56 PM   #894
Blue Crack Addict

At least he just said that life and safety is priority over economy. Hallelujah! We''ll see how long that lasts.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:58 PM   #895
Blue Crack Addict

Incredible, amazing, tremendous, fantastic, Mike Pence hasn't slept in four weeks
Old 03-27-2020, 09:23 PM   #896
Refugee

You've distinguished yourself in the past few weeks, Mrs. S.
Old 03-27-2020, 09:24 PM   #897
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 07:29 PM
If your job is to put out Trump's fires, I'm not sure you've slept in four years.
Old 03-27-2020, 09:54 PM   #898
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
Old 03-28-2020, 12:16 AM   #899
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
It’s how you present your arguments and the all good vs all bad worldview, combined with a seeming lack of understanding of the transactional nature of politics that makes your arguments immature, not the ideas themselves. As well as letting yourself be misled by silly “gotcha” videos — remember when you thought you had burned Kamala Harris with the video of the guy with MS? Things like that.

Look at your last sentence.

You’re positing that’s the only reason why anyone doesn’t agree with you is because they’re beholden to corporate interests. This is why actual, productive conversation with you has become so disappointing. We aren’t disagreeing on principles; we are disagreeing on tactics and presentation. That’s what I’ve been trying to get you to understand ever since you called me a bad person for considering voting for Joe Biden. That has nothing to do with 2008.

We aren’t that far apart, really. There are plenty of people your age who hold your convictions who don’t present themsleves in nearly the same way.
I admit that I do come in here extremely angry when I read the various apologies for the Democratic Party, and it does lead me to speak less eloquently and more emotionally. But I also fundamentally reject the idea that emotion need to be left to the side. It all reverts back to the whole "Sanders is bad because he uses populism, and Trump does too!" concept that many in the center love to embrace. Bloodlessly toeing the line of both-sidesism and how important compromise is doesn't appeal to me any longer. I don't know how you watch what happened in the last 40 years as the Republican Party dragged the center to the right, and the Democratic Party let a larger and larger corporate wing in, and then revert to the same evaluation of how compromise and "adults in the room" are the goal. There are no adults in the room any longer.

I also disagree with the idea that we aren't disagreeing on principles. By "we," I mean myself and most Democrat politicians, but still. There are principles the Democratic Party consistently sells out to the Republicans. I fundamentally view the ACA as better than its predecessors, but very marginally. It's Republican healthcare. It views some people are deserving of being bankrupted by healthcare costs.

Mean-testing is a Demcoratic tenant, and means testing propels forward an idea that human rights are a moving target. Those aren't tactics. Those are principles.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:36 AM   #900
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
Gee thanks, I live for what you think of me. Wish I could say what I think of you. Whatever your problem is with me and why you enjoy harassing me, buzz off to put it far too politely. A million apologies for not behaving like a proper lady. Trump is a FUCKING JOKE.