global pandemic - Page 40 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2020, 09:15 PM   #781
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
hopefully all those former employees can take the experience they've earned and use it to step up a level and get a job in the big leagues with an NHL team.

Old 03-24-2020, 09:27 PM   #782
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:23 AM
Quote:
Gotta say, I'm loving this trend of Republicans volunteering to die in order to "save the country" . They definitely would be saving the country, just not in the way they're thinking.

Old 03-24-2020, 09:33 PM   #783
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post

"He should have ordered the ventilators, and he had a choice. He had a chance," Trump said.

"Because right here, I just got this out," he added, reading from a piece of paper. "That he refused to order 15,000 ventilators. I will show this to Bill."

The article Trump read to Hemmer -— and the Fox News audience at large — appeared to be from the Gateway Pundit, a fringe outlet with a long history of peddling right-wing conspiracy theories.

"NY Gov. Cuomo Rejected Buying Recommended 16,000 Ventilators in 2015 for Pandemic, Established Death Panels and Lottery Instead," was the headline Trump read aloud, the same as one posted on the Gateway Pundit's website Sunday.

"He shouldn't be talking about us," Trump then said. "He's supposed to be buying his own ventilators."
This is everything anyone needs to know about Trump. Tens of thousands sick in NY, hundreds dead, and he's carrying a little clipping of an article in his pocket to wave in people's faces that the Governor who dared criticize him should have helped save all these people by purchasing the things needed for global pandemic 5 years ago..

the rage i feel just gets greater and greater every day.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:53 PM   #784
Blue Crack Supplier

Cuomo replying to Dan Patrick on twitter.

Quote:
Andrew Cuomo
@NYGovCuomo
·
9h
We are not willing to sacrifice 1-2% of New Yorkers.

That’s not who we are.

We will fight to save every life we can.

I am not giving up.
Andrew Cuomo
@NYGovCuomo
·
Mar 23
If it’s public health versus the economy, the only choice is public health. You cannot put a value on human life.

You do the right thing. That’s what Pop taught us
@ChrisCuomo

Old 03-24-2020, 10:09 PM   #785
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:23 AM
Quote:
His plan doesn't even make sense, like yeah all the old people we should go to work get sick and die while keeping the young at home.

If all the old workers get sick and die you are still tanking the economy.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:10 PM   #786
Blue Crack Distributor

Not if Jesus protects them duh
Old 03-24-2020, 10:11 PM   #787
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:23 PM
None of this makes any sense because of basic human psychology.

So we are all watching horror unfold on TV, people dying, countries on lockdown, hospitals overrun, food shortages at grocery stores, and in two weeks Trump will emerge to pronounce it's over and people can go back to work in states X, Y, Z and "pack the churches" for Easter.

Maybe his idiot voters would, but I think even then most people would be like "thanks, but no thanks." If my employer told me to go back to the office, I would refuse.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:31 PM   #788
Blue Crack Distributor

Side note - never hating on house arrest again
Old 03-24-2020, 11:10 PM   #789
Blue Crack Addict

i hate having to wake up and get on a streetcar in the mornings, i'm an introverted loner in normal times, and the only thing that demands my attention during the work day is a very needy cat.

the last week and a half working at home has been kinda nice for me.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:53 PM   #790
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

So serious question. Cuomo said something today that I disagree with, but wanted to see if I'm way off base.
He said that NY is the canary in the coal mine for the rest of the country. That whats happening in NY will happen all across the country.

Now, yes in some way I see that. But i do think that NY presents certain challenges that are not present in 95% of the rest of the country. I think that the high concentration of population (like NJ as well) and even more so, the high percentage of people that use public transportation and taxis have to make a significant difference from say a mid sized city like Nashville that is completely care dependent and has very little in way of public transit.

There has been some good signs out of California with several areas showing a downward trend on new cases already. WA is still rising but will be interesting to see what happens there by the end of next week. If they start to turn the corner on it, then I think that's a good sign, since they were hard hit early.

Anyway, just wondered what you all thought
Old 03-25-2020, 12:16 AM   #791
Blue Crack Supplier

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJT View Post
I think someone pointed out that something like a third of Americans have some sort of underlying condition.

It's not just the elderly, it's anyone with Cancer, hypertension, diabetes etc all are more at risk, many people that are part of the economy and you may not realise have a condition that makes them more at risk.
Very sad, very scary .I have. dear friends and relatives like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Maximus View Post
I don't think that's what Cuomo meant- he meant we need to plan for when this is past- we have start planning how to get the economy back on track now. We can't wait for this to be over to plan-we need parallel planning.
I agree. He's been/and is so fierce trying to protect people, and get supplies for us, I know he's trying to think out how to restart but not UNTIL it's safe to do so.

He said today "we need 30,000 ventilators" and added we're not going to keep them - once the danger has passed here we will ship them to whomever needs them next. We are the canary in the coal mine. What happens here will happen to you later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Yes, there has to be a strategy for an orderly return to "normal" life.

The problem with Trump and that idiot in Texas is that this is NOT the appropriate time to be discussing revving up the economy. We are realistically probably at least a couple of months away, if not longer. That doesn't mean that long-term strategic planning shouldn't be done - it should because this too, will end. But to discuss that at the cost of everything else right now is premature, idiotic, and ill-advised, which is basically the hallmark of the Trump presidency.
You forgot cruelty.

Quote:
Good luck finding states that aren't "as affected" by Easter.

And yesterday he was on and on about Nebraska and Idaho as examples of where businesses could open up - yeah, real powerhouses of the US economy.
Snerk

Quote:
He's apparently trashing Cuomo and Biden in the task force meeting as we speak.
I turned it off after a few mins, so I missed that.
(Good, I don't need to be yelling at the radio if I can help it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Of course he is. Because a day simply can't go by without him acting like a petulant baby.

I'm begging somebody, anybody, to please throw his ass out on the lawn and tell him he's not coming back already. Please.
PULEEEEEEEEESEEEEEE!
(Let's say it with gusto!)

Quote:
Liberty University is reopening this week. I expect nothing less from a place that thinks the Flintstones was a documentary.
Snerk.

Quote:
Packed churches on Easter. Great idea!!!
The Pope cancelled The Vatican's big Easter gathering about 2 weeks ago.

Quote:
I say this absolutely seriously - I don't see how after this, the US can continue to function as a country the way it does now. It is patently obvious that there are two kinds of people, that are mostly separated into different states, whose interests diverge too much to remain together.

We have some of that, to a lesser degree with Alberta, where the current PM is very unpopular, but the country has really come together to combat this pandemic. What is happening south of the border should not be shocking, yet it is.
It's not that simple.
The NYTimes had 2 maps after 2016 Electionthat in first one basically showed most metropolitan areas to be blue, while in the second one the vaster in geoorgraphy area, but less populated per sq mile (and maybe overall numbers wise) were red.
So it's like blue lakes sometimes clustered together, with a bit of river between them, with way many others scattered about the country. It was an amazing 2 maps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
This is everything anyone needs to know about Trump. Tens of thousands sick in NY, hundreds dead, and he's carrying a little clipping of an article in his pocket to wave in people's faces that the Governor who dared criticize him should have helped save all these people by purchasing the things needed for global pandemic 5 years ago..

I hear ya.
And yiu need to make sure you're getting some fun, funny, and beauty in your life (on line mostly for now) to counter that. Better for your imunine system.

I live in NYC. I know all about rage. I keep it to a minimum and get as much as I can above on line. Plus in touch on line, by phone with friends and family. And my creative activities.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:27 AM   #792
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
So serious question. Cuomo said something today that I disagree with, but wanted to see if I'm way off base.
He said that NY is the canary in the coal mine for the rest of the country. That whats happening in NY will happen all across the country.

Now, yes in some way I see that. But i do think that NY presents certain challenges that are not present in 95% of the rest of the country. I think that the high concentration of population (like NJ as well) and even more so, the high percentage of people that use public transportation and taxis have to make a significant difference from say a mid sized city like Nashville that is completely care dependent and has very little in way of public transit.

There has been some good signs out of California with several areas showing a downward trend on new cases already. WA is still rising but will be interesting to see what happens there by the end of next week. If they start to turn the corner on it, then I think that's a good sign, since they were hard hit early.

Yeah its impossible to compare NYC area to what will happen in places like Montana and the Dakotas and such. But the warning given today by Dr. Birx and Dr. Fauci about all those who traveled from NYC to other areas of the country in recent weeks certainly gives pause.
I think bigger cities probably won't have quite the same issues as NYC but certainly will have ssignificant issues, especially those with a fair reliance on public transportation.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:36 AM   #793
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

This is what I’ve been basing my guarded optimism on. That and spring.

I sure hope it’s right.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:49 AM   #794
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 09:23 PM
Quote:
At another point during the interview, Trump said he would "love" for the country to "open by Easter" on April 12.

Instead of challenging Trump, and noting that his deadline is at odds with what many medical professionals and infectious disease experts have said, Faulkner replied, "Oh wow. OK."

Hemmer added, "That would be a great American resurrection."
Wow.

Fucking wow.

I wish there were a way we could just shut Fox News down altogether. This shit is legit dangerous.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:32 AM   #795
Blue Crack Distributor

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-JMTMe..._web_copy_link
Old 03-25-2020, 07:41 AM   #796
Blue Crack Addict

Prince Charles tested positive. If it helps people who don't take this virus seriously, then I'm all in favor of reporting high profile figures testing positive. I hope he recovers without complications.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:44 AM   #797
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I agree. And the article wasn't even from a legitimate source. But I'm sure the viewers of this Fox town hall loved it-that makes me feel rage too. I feel rage every day that I didn't vote for the fool and have to sit and watch his "handling" of this crisis.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:04 AM   #798
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:23 AM
Old 03-25-2020, 11:02 AM   #799
Blue Crack Supplier

Unfortunately it would take some of these college kids actually dying from Covid-19 to really curb their behavior. If that happens it will be far too late (it already is) anyway.

#covidiots
Old 03-25-2020, 11:15 AM   #800
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
This is what I’ve been basing my guarded optimism on. That and spring.

I sure hope it’s right.
I think too many people are counting on spring to save us.

It's already spring and has been warm in Spain, Portugal, Israel, etc where you see wild numbers. Not to mention the US states in the south which actually have higher rates of increase in infections than New York.

The density of cities contributing to rapid spread definitely makes sense. Although Wuhan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan are all dense and managed to control their spread well with correct measures.