global pandemic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut tells me that Trump is purposely pitting the states against each other. Cuomo said today that it's like eBay in regards to trying to get equipment.

All 50 states are making bids on the equipment, driving up prices. CA makes a bid, NY bids higher, CA rebids, and then FEMA gets involved and makes a bid themselves.

This is crazy.

My gut tells me that Trump is purposely pitting the states against each other. Cuomo said today that it's like eBay in regards to trying to get equipment.

All 50 states are making bids on the equipment, driving up prices. CA makes a bid, NY bids higher, CA rebids, and then FEMA gets involved and makes a bid themselves.

This is crazy.

You’re giving him too much credit. He’s just incompetent. He has no incentive to pit them against each other. He’s just busy whining about how they’re not saying he’s doing a great job.

You’re giving him too much credit. He’s just incompetent. He has no incentive to pit them against each other. He’s just busy whining about how they’re not saying he’s doing a great job.

Yep.
If he were competent, he'd step in and put a cap on the prices and have FEMA handle equitable distribution to the individual states as needed.

I would say yes to this for the most part. But now we see that governors that don't lick his tiny orange balls get screwed on equipment.
California receiving inoperable respirators, Michigan having orders canceled.

Not sure Trump's strategy on MI. I mean, seriously he is causing people to die by his bullshit. MI has a very high rate per capita and I think he will pay dearly for how is screwing them over right now.

One thing is certain. Trump thinks this is all great that he gets to come out and do a mini rally every day. But it is just hundreds of hours of horrible things he has said and done ready to be chopped up and used for ads in the fall.

I know. :( I heard last night NYC time.
The field hospitals are always a necessity in Central Park. Hospitalization and deaths same total as last year!!
Of course! I pass the field hospital every time I've ever taken a bus that travels southward on 5th Ave just east of Central Park (east side) for decades. :up:

:| :crack: :|

True. I see overflow at the morgues every year cause of the flu.

I wonder if you ever actually read the articles you get your information from, or just like the eye-grabbing headlines. Yeah , some smaller morgues are getting full, but that’s not new, and doesn’t mean the morgues are overflowing. That’s in the articles stating “morgues may overflow “!!

I wonder if you ever actually read the articles you get your information from, or just like the eye-grabbing headlines. Yeah , some smaller morgues are getting full, but that’s not new, and doesn’t mean the morgues are overflowing. That’s in the articles stating “morgues may overflow “!!

So that 18-wheeler in Brooklyn that's backed into the ER and storing corpses is like a typical feature for you guys in the States?

i know i always look forward to marking the coming of spring with the annual arrival into new york harbor of the US navy hospital ship.

Even Trump is finally deferring to the doctors in terms of the reality of this pandemic(and he better keep doing that). To the models and possibilities that they are giving him and why we must MITIGATE. By taking the proper precautions and staying home as much as possible.

So I can only shake my head in disgust at the denial that anyone else lives in. And hope to God that their denial doesn't affect my health or that of my loved ones.

Maybe it’s time to admit you’re wrong and you read things written by objectively bad people because you’re angry and resentful at “libs” and “elites” for unclear reasons and you’ve been misled by a right wing media complex that exploits people such as yourself?

I think so.

There’s still time. You can do the right thing.

This is crazy.

Of course he is. And in political ways as well.

A reporter brought this up at the task force briefing that's still going on right now. Trump said that if states were bidding against each other that shouldn't be happening and they should call the feds about that. Ok.

Maybe it’s time to admit you’re wrong and you read things written by objectively bad people because you’re angry and resentful at “libs” and “elites” for unclear reasons and you’ve been misled by a right wing media complex that exploits people such as yourself?

I think so.

There’s still time. You can do the right thing.

Hah. NICE TRY LIBRUL I SEE WAT UR DOING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom