global pandemic - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2020, 11:13 AM   #741
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Come on grandma, mom and dad, take one for my 401k

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/s...129346050?s=21
Fuck you Dan Patrick. This is Trump's attitude too, after yesterday I believe that. Death panels!

Old 03-24-2020, 12:07 PM   #742
War Child

The whole notion is very sickening, and it's particularly troublesome to see some Democrats echoing the rhetoric. Cuomo in particular had the line about "pivoting back to economic functionality," which is very worrying.

To get past this, we need to say "Fuck the market" for the next 4-6 months and just worry about meeting people's needs. Give everyone the money they need, suspend rents/mortgages/et al. to make this all work. We can do it. It's just a matter of willingness from those in power at this point. And our leadership nearly across the board has so far been unwilling to go there.

Old 03-24-2020, 01:09 PM   #743
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Come on grandma, mom and dad, take one for my 401k

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/s...129346050?s=21
I think someone pointed out that something like a third of Americans have some sort of underlying condition.

It's not just the elderly, it's anyone with Cancer, hypertension, diabetes etc all are more at risk, many people that are part of the economy and you may not realise have a condition that makes them more at risk.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:18 PM   #744
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJT View Post
I think someone pointed out that something like a third of Americans have some sort of underlying condition.

It's not just the elderly, it's anyone with Cancer, hypertension, diabetes etc all are more at risk, many people that are part of the economy and you may not realise have a condition that makes them more at risk.
And there are probably people out there that have a condition and don't even know it yet.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:32 PM   #745
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:26 PM
Name:  IMG_0784.JPG
Views: 40
Size:  33.5 KB
Old 03-24-2020, 01:33 PM   #746
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
And there are probably people out there that have a condition and don't even know it yet.
Diabetes is the scary one - mortality rate is very high and there are probably tens of thousands of overweight and obese Americans walking around with Type 2 diabetes undiagnosed.

One of my closest friends has a daughter with serious medical issues. She's 5 years old and has no colon and only a few cm of her small bowel. She lost them in the days after she was born when she contracted necrotizing enterocolitis (basically flesh eating bacteria of the bowels). She is fed totally intravenously and any type of infection could put her life in danger, even a simple cold because the IV nutrition she receives can have severe side effects on the liver and other organs, especially if you are on it for years. Otherwise she looks and acts like a typical 5-year-old - she is super smart and you likely wouldn't know there is anything "wrong" with her except that she has to be hooked up to her lines 14 hrs a day.

So those are the people we are willing to sacrifice to the economy?

And this from the "pro-life" party. What a joke.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:35 PM   #747
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Diabetes is the scary one - mortality rate is very high and there are probably tens of thousands of overweight and obese Americans walking around with Type 2 diabetes undiagnosed.

One of my closest friends has a daughter with serious medical issues. She's 5 years old and has no colon and only a few cm of her small bowel. She lost them in the days after she was born when she contracted necrotizing enterocolitis (basically flesh eating bacteria of the bowels). She is fed totally intravenously and any type of infection could put her life in danger, even a simple cold because the IV nutrition she receives can have severe side effects on the liver and other organs, especially if you are on it for years. Otherwise she looks and acts like a typical 5-year-old - she is super smart and you likely wouldn't know there is anything "wrong" with her except that she has to be hooked up to her lines 14 hrs a day.

So those are the people we are willing to sacrifice to the economy?

And this from the "pro-life" party. What a joke.
That's so freaking scary. Lupus is one as well. My ex wife and my daughter's mother has lupus bit it went undiagnosed for many years. And she's still expected to go in the office. But I'm sure there are also thousands of people who have lupus and just don't know it yet.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:45 PM   #748
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
Continued well wishes for your Aunt and Uncle.

Just listening to Last Word w Lawrence O'Donnell/MSNBC. He commented that (thank goodness for at least Blue States their governers will not force businesses to reopen until they get real medical opinions from doctors, epidemiologists, public health officials telling them it's safe to do so.

Luckily Andrew Cuomo (NYS-D) s doing a really good, fiesty job.
Very impressed with Cuomo's leadership
Old 03-24-2020, 01:47 PM   #749
Blue Crack Supplier

I watch Cuomo being an actual leader and I can’t help but smile a bit at the memory that there are people who thought that Cynthia Nixon was going to be the governor of New York and that this would be a good idea because she rides the subway.

Politics and leadership isn’t about putting people in office who most closely share your utopian fantasies and promise you a pony on Christmas morning. It means getting people in power who are actually good at government.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:49 PM   #750
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
The whole notion is very sickening, and it's particularly troublesome to see some Democrats echoing the rhetoric. Cuomo in particular had the line about "pivoting back to economic functionality," which is very worrying.

To get past this, we need to say "Fuck the market" for the next 4-6 months and just worry about meeting people's needs. Give everyone the money they need, suspend rents/mortgages/et al. to make this all work. We can do it. It's just a matter of willingness from those in power at this point. And our leadership nearly across the board has so far been unwilling to go there.
I don't think that's what Cuomo meant- he meant we need to plan for when this is past- we have start planning how to get the economy back on track now. We can't wait for this to be over to plan-we need parallel planning.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:51 PM   #751
The Fly

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I watch Cuomo being an actual leader and I can’t help but smile a bit at the memory that there are people who thought that Cynthia Nixon was going to be the governor of New York and that this would be a good idea because she rides the subway.

Politics and leadership isn’t about putting people in office who most closely share your utopian fantasies and promise you a pony on Christmas morning. It means getting people in power who are actually good at government.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:03 PM   #752
Blue Crack Distributor

lol I forgot about the Cynthia Nixon push.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:13 PM   #753
Blue Crack Distributor

I'd like to personally thank the 76ers ownership for being the biggest assholes in the room. Will now help prevent other owners from following suit
Old 03-24-2020, 02:14 PM   #754
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Maximus View Post
I don't think that's what Cuomo meant- he meant we need to plan for when this is past- we have start planning how to get the economy back on track now. We can't wait for this to be over to plan-we need parallel planning.
Yes, there has to be a strategy for an orderly return to "normal" life.

The problem with Trump and that idiot in Texas is that this is NOT the appropriate time to be discussing revving up the economy. We are realistically probably at least a couple of months away, if not longer. That doesn't mean that long-term strategic planning shouldn't be done - it should because this too, will end. But to discuss that at the cost of everything else right now is premature, idiotic, and ill-advised, which is basically the hallmark of the Trump presidency.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:23 PM   #755
Blue Crack Addict

Trump is targeting Easter as his reopen date. The strategy would be to do this in areas that aren't as affected by the virus. What's the threshold for that?

Louisiana went from 90 cases a week ago to over 700 now. That's frightening and a powerful thing to consider when thinking about "reopening the economy".
Old 03-24-2020, 02:27 PM   #756
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Trump is targeting Easter as his reopen date. The strategy would be to do this in areas that aren't as affected by the virus.
Good luck finding states that aren't "as affected" by Easter.

And yesterday he was on and on about Nebraska and Idaho as examples of where businesses could open up - yeah, real powerhouses of the US economy.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:32 PM   #757
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Good luck finding states that aren't "as affected" by Easter.

And yesterday he was on and on about Nebraska and Idaho as examples of where businesses could open up - yeah, real powerhouses of the US economy.
Exactly. He's a moron and a narcissistic one at that. This is all about him. I want the doctors and the CDC making these decisions, not him.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:38 PM   #758
Blue Crack Addict

He's apparently trashing Cuomo and Biden in the task force meeting as we speak.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:47 PM   #759
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 07:26 PM
California started locking down businesses a couple weeks ago and we reported fewer new cases today than Florida, Georgia and Pennsylvania.

The lockdowns work, but they work a lot better if you don't wait around until everyone is dying. Too bad the dumbass states are going to put their people at risk:

https://twitter.com/pblest/status/12...372090880?s=19
Old 03-24-2020, 03:33 PM   #760
Blue Crack Addict

California is not testing nearly enough.

The low numbers are totally deceiving.