global pandemic - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2020, 07:01 PM   #561
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
The US is now 6th in # of cases.

This is a total and unmitigated disaster.

There’s still suppression of testing.

My brother had his follow-up to his ER visit (where he had pneumonia and trouble breathing and a fever) and had another CT scan and the doctor said “your results are consistent with covid-19” but for the second time he was denied testing, as he was no longer symptomatic five days after going to the ER for pneumonia.

Young and healthy by the way.

Old 03-18-2020, 07:44 PM   #562
Blue Crack Addict

For the record I don't think that everyone is as aware of this as I am. Some people live in self obsessed oblivion, it is astounding to me that they wouldn't be aware to such an extent that they'd party it up on a crowded beach during a pandemic.

And yes I'm perfectly aware that plenty of young doctors and nurses are making tremendous sacrifices right now. They're my heroes.

I do have to say that I find it to be incredibly ironic that SOME college students love Bernie's idea of forgiving their student loans, but SOME of them won't even give up a trip to a crowded beach or a bar etc to help protect the lives of people like Bernie. Elderly with preexisting serious health issues. That's so depressing to me, and it makes me angry.

Maybe they'll understand better when they get older, and their parents get older and sick. And they'll want to do anything and everything to protect their parents but they'll suffer the indescribable pain when that's not possible. And they'll lose them.

To make it perfectly clear I'm not indicting all young Bernie supporters by that statement. He has some who are very good people. Maybe Bernie could come out publicly and appeal to young people about this issue.

Old 03-18-2020, 08:02 PM   #563
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Might want to consider sawing paper towel rolls into thirds tho
Might not want to consider that unless you want your plumbing to become all clogged up. Then it will become a really shitty situation.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:13 PM   #564
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmartijn View Post
Might not want to consider that unless you want your plumbing to become all clogged up. Then it will become a really shitty situation.
There was a woman specifically buying the cheapest single-ply industrial paper towels for this reason.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:18 PM   #565
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:01 PM
Bidets For All
Old 03-18-2020, 08:18 PM   #566
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmartijn View Post

Multiple courtesy flushes!
Old 03-18-2020, 08:18 PM   #567
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Maybe they'll understand better when they get older, and their parents get older and sick. And they'll want to do anything and everything to protect their parents but they'll suffer the indescribable pain when that's not possible. And they'll lose them.
This is what I struggle with the most.

Our (those of us who are in our 40s and older) parents, if they are still with us, are not going to be with us for very long, one way or another. Their time is limited and social distancing, while the absolute best for them, is also probably the worst mentally. For them and for us. My parents live for their grandchildren, they see them multiple times a week (doing school pick ups, etc) and this is really hard for them. Some of us may lose our parents while being unable to see them. It's a horrible reality to live with.

So fuck those morons on the beach. I can only hope I am not raising such stupid, entitled brats.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:32 PM   #568
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

6th in the number of cases and close to last in the number of tests per capita. Imagine if they were testing everybody like South Korea.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:46 PM   #569
Blue Crack Addict

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/y...rce=reddit.com

Quote:
After four years of hurling insults and threats at Mexico and Central America, President Trump might be surprised to find these same countries now openly criticizing the U.S. response to the coronavirus crisis — and even closing their borders to U.S. citizens.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:20 PM   #570
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Being the 3rd most populous nation combined with the type of open travel in and out of the country before this thing got taken seriously that's far from a surprise.
But as stated by gump, factor in the small number of testing done and achieving 6th place is incredibly alarming.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:17 AM   #571
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:01 AM
The crematorium in Bergamo is working at capacity, so the military had to move deceased people to other cities: https://twitter.com/agropelli/status...41447989923840

Sentences that read like an Onion article:

Quote:
Scared by the prospect a coronavirus epidemic in parts of Afghanistan under their control, the Taliban have pledged their readiness to work with healthcare workers instead of killing them, as they have been accused of in the past.
https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL4N2BB2E3
Old 03-19-2020, 08:46 AM   #572
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

With a 7-week head start, it is mindboggling that the US is running out of facemarks.

When we are on the side of this, let's not forget that these incompetent clowns are responsible for thousands of lives just because of their reluctance in accepting reality until it was too late.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:49 AM   #573
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
This is what I struggle with the most.

Our (those of us who are in our 40s and older) parents, if they are still with us, are not going to be with us for very long, one way or another. Their time is limited and social distancing, while the absolute best for them, is also probably the worst mentally. For them and for us. My parents live for their grandchildren, they see them multiple times a week (doing school pick ups, etc) and this is really hard for them. Some of us may lose our parents while being unable to see them. It's a horrible reality to live with.

So fuck those morons on the beach. I can only hope I am not raising such stupid, entitled brats.
I can't agree more. When I was young I took these things for granted. When life happens to you in ways that the morons on the beach haven't experienced, it changes you and your perspective forever. If it doesn't you have serious problems.

CDC talked yesterday about the hospitalization rate of people age 20-54 I believe it was. So it's not only the elderly and immunocompromised who are becoming seriously ill with this.

There are cases of children becoming seriously ill now too.

I saw news video from yesterday of a crowded beach in Georgia. Abject failure of leadership in FL and GA and I say fuck those morons on the beach too. I don't have kids but I would have raised them to see well beyond themselves and to not feel entitled. I'd be a failure as a parent otherwise.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:37 AM   #574
Blue Crack Addict

So very sad

3 Members of New Jersey Family Die from Coronavirus as 4 More Are Hospitalized

"They can’t even mourn the way you would," a representative for the family said

By Benjamin VanHoose
March 19, 2020 09:19 AM

One family is weathering three tragedies due to coronavirus in a matter of days.

On Wednesday, 73-year-old Grace Fusco died after catching COVID-19, according to The New York Times. Grace was the matriarch of a big New Jersey family — she had 11 kids and 27 grandkids — and her death came hours after her son Carmine Fusco and days after her daughter Rita Jackson both died, both testing positive for the coronavirus.

A relative told the outlet that four more of Grace’s children are currently hospitalized with coronavirus, and about 20 other family members are quarantined in their homes.

“If they’re not on a respirator, they’re quarantined. It is so pitiful,” a representative for the family told the Times. “They can’t even mourn the way you would.”

For the Fusco family, the virus is believed to have originated at a dinner gathering that was attended by someone who had contact with a man infected with COVID-19, said Judith M. Persichilli, state health commissioner, according to the Times.

“I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to take personal responsibility and to avoid even small gatherings,” said Persichilli.

Nationwide, there have been 8,317 confirmed cases of COVID-19, with 147 deaths, as of March 19, according to a Times database. In New Jersey, there have been 427 cases and five deaths.

The church that Rita, 55, attended in Freehold, New Jersey, shared the news with its members over the weekend, asking that everyone take precautions and mourn her loss.

“I ask that every member of the parish please remember the Fusco-Jackson family in their prayers as they deal with the loss of Rita and for all who have been impacted by COVID-19 here in the parish and throughout the nation,” wrote the church on Facebook.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:46 AM   #575
Blue Crack Addict

there's absolutely nothing wrong with going to a beach or a park right now so long as you maintain proper distance from others. it's not that hard to find a spot where you're at least 10 metres away from other people on most beaches and especially now i'm sure it isn't.

the dipshits who are partying and drinking in large groups for spring break are utter morons, but if i still lived in nova scotia you better believe i'd be spending time on the beach with a book and listening to the waves, just to get the hell out of the house on sunny days.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:58 AM   #576
Blue Crack Addict

I live near a huge state park and I've been going there as I always do. Walking is my exercise, how I get places sometimes, and right now something I can do to try to keep myself from falling apart.

It's been very crowded, it was yesterday. I keep the proper distance from anyone. I see people and adjust accordingly. There is a street that runs through it, and hundreds of miles of walking trails.

Being outside in nature is where I find some peace. Doing it responsibly is good for us these days. We're talking about crowded beaches during Spring break, an entirely different thing.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:02 AM   #577
Blue Crack Addict

I don't know what people in New York think about Gov. Cuomo, but he's on CNN right now. Every time I see him I'm impressed by how direct and reassuring he is.

I'm sure plenty of people have negative views about him, don't know enough about him.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:26 AM   #578
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:01 PM
Things are finally shifting here in Chicago. Driving around early last night the streets were eerily empty. The only people you see are walking dogs and the occasional jogger.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:49 AM   #579
Blue Crack Addict

I really wish Trump would be able to resist the opportunity to pat himself on the back at every turn during these press conferences. But of course a narcissist can never do that. It takes time away from the medical experts, that's who I want to hear from.

Oh and last week wasn't it? he wouldn't take responsibility. Now he's a "wartime President".

There's a tremendous spirit in this country right now? Seriously? King of denial.
Old 03-19-2020, 01:28 PM   #580
Blue Crack Addict

Italy has surpassed China for the # of COVID-19 deaths.