global pandemic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Any practical information like that is welcome and I hope it's used more frequently as we try to expand diagnostic criteria to push out more tests.

Sending well wishes and good thoughts to your aunt. I hope she'll be okay :hug:.

Thank you so Much Moonlit and Dazzled! Today her oxygen was more stable, but she is still on a ventilator and heavily sedated. If her oxygen numbers remain stable they will try waking her up tomorrow. Now my uncle (her husband) has a fever of 39 degrees and a doctor went to his house because he is in isolation but they will not give him any test or treatment. I guess they will wait until he also has to be put on a ventilator! My aunt and uncle are both over 70 so I hope they don’t have covid 19 and that they both recover well. Thank you so much for your thoughts!

Thank you so Much Moonlit and Dazzled! Today her oxygen was more stable, but she is still on a ventilator and heavily sedated. If her oxygen numbers remain stable they will try waking her up tomorrow. Now my uncle (her husband) has a fever of 39 degrees and a doctor went to his house because he is in isolation but they will not give him any test or treatment. I guess they will wait until he also has to be put on a ventilator! My aunt and uncle are both over 70 so I hope they don’t have covid 19 and that they both recover well. Thank you so much for your thoughts!

I'm so sorry, hope for the best for them. Must be awful being so far away and dealing with this news.

Re: Rand Paul

He was seen in the Senate swimming pool today too.

COMPLETE MORAL FAILURE.

And why is that pool even open? If the House and Senate starts to go down with this...well there are things that need to get passed in this crisis. Trump will be signing executive orders with no checks on that whatsoever. Reports are that Democrats are objecting to the stimulus because it's too much of a handout to corporations. If that's true just business as usual, sad! as Donnie always says.

Romney is self isolating because he had contact with Rand Paul. I avoided Trump's briefing yesterday, but he sarcastically said "Romney's in isolation, gee that's too bad". When the reporter asked if that was sarcasm he said no not at all. Mitt Romney is 73 and his wife is 70. She has multiple sclerosis. He specifically mentioned Romney and the sarcasm was obvious. Why else would he have singled him out from the four senators the reporter was talking about?

So fuck you Trump, too bad you can't grow up and get over yourself even in the middle of this nightmare.

Knew this was coming. Maybe he should consult with Italy and China on that. The Surgeon General says this week is going to be really bad. Video this morning of people crowded outside and in parks in NYC with no distancing going on. Believe me I understand the need to get outside now and how NYC is a completely different story than where I live, in terms of being able to do that.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF. AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!

11:50 PM · Mar 22, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Staying at home is much worse than dying! If you’re Trump.

I encourage him to go to the front lines without PPE.

Romney is self isolating because he had contact with Rand Paul. I avoided Trump's briefing yesterday, but he sarcastically said "Romney's in isolation, gee that's too bad". When the reporter asked if that was sarcasm he said no not at all. Mitt Romney is 73 and his wife is 70. She has multiple sclerosis. He specifically mentioned Romney and the sarcasm was obvious. Why else would he have singled him out from the four senators the reporter was talking about?

So fuck you Trump, too bad you can't grow up and get over yourself even in the middle of this nightmare.

Yeah he just couldn't help himself yesterday, was obviously thrilled to learn Romney is isolating. Called it the "China Virus" again, then later talks about his great relationship with Xi.
He should just let Pence do all the press conferences since he's the head of the task force. At least Pence acts like a leader when at the podium rather than a petulant child.

https://twitter.com/mckaycoppins/status/1242069031294730246?s=21

Half this country is a lost cause if this becomes reality.

The cynical part of my mind says let them do it, it’ll destroy Trumps base, it’ll be Darwinism...

But the suffering. The anger that will rise afterwards will be worse than what existed before.

Is there any way Fox Corp/Murdoch’s can be banished for good? I feel a lot of people around the world buy into the delusion of this entity and it’s caused nothing but misery for all

Staying at home is much worse than dying! If you’re Trump.

I encourage him to go to the front lines without PPE.

I think he is talking strictly about the economy. And himself, because the economy is the linchpin for his re election. That is all he cares about, yes I am that cynical about him. He is a pathological, maybe a sociopathic, narcissist.

She said that her doctors advised her that since she and her husband gave been apart (MN and DC) and she is outside the 14 day period for getting sick she doesn't need the test. She said that people who need the test can't get it, so she's not going to.

He's hospitalized and on oxygen, not a ventilator. At one point he was coughing up blood. He has pneumonia.

Last edited:
Community hospital near me was broken into and had their oxygen cylinders stolen.

Ambulances in Kent had their tyres punctured.

And my work is warning me that NHS staff are being targeted and mugged for their IDs (currently supermarkets are offering special hours for healthcare workers to shop to ensure we get what we need, also places doing discounts for us etc).

The world is just great.

Community hospital near me was broken into and had their oxygen cylinders stolen.

And my work is warning me that NHS staff are being targeted and mugged for their IDs (currently supermarkets are offering special hours for healthcare workers to shop to ensure we get what we need, also places doing discounts for us etc).

The world is just great.

Holy shit. I’m so sorry. People suck.

Wars bring people together towards a common goal (enemy)

Pandemics turn people against each other since we are all the enemy.

https://twitter.com/drnerdlove/status/1242117220307808258?s=21

Guys this isolation is really killing my dating life. I don’t know if a few months of not going on dates, and kisses + hugs are a life worth living.

What a pathetic state of affairs. Don't think that person is an outlier, sadly. Remember when they said Obama was creating "death panels"? Keep thinking about that lately. Let elderly people die so that I can get back to my "normal" life? Screw the sacrifices they made for us. Individually and collectively.

Not to mention that the facts now state that this is not just affecting elderly people. Saw a story this morning that a seven month old baby has it. Hospitalizations of ages 20-54 were at 40% last week.

The world is just great.

That's so awful. Stay safe.

What a pathetic state of affairs. Don't think that person is an outlier, sadly. Remember when they said Obama was creating "death panels"? Keep thinking about that lately. Let elderly people die so that I can get back to my "normal" life? Screw the sacrifices they made for us. Individually and collectively.

Not to mention that the facts now state that this is not just affecting elderly people. Saw a story this morning that a seven month old baby has it. Hospitalizations of ages 20-54 were at 40% last week.

I think it's the entire GOP talking point now. Trump blasted it out this morning, which means he heard it on FoxNews.

Part of me wonders that this is their only course of action because the numbers are going to be horrible regardless.

How many days until Dr. Fauci is let go? Trump is growing frustrated with him contradicting his statments, so telling the truth

Gotta support each other. Hope your Aunt will be woken up and get well. Good Luck to your Uncle, too. :(

And why is that pool even open? If the House and Senate starts to go down with this...well there are things that need to get passed in this crisis. Trump will be signing executive orders with no checks on that whatsoever. Reports are that Democrats are objecting to the stimulus because it's too much of a handout to corporations. If that's true just business as usual, sad! as Donnie always says.
:yikes: Let's hope not!!!

Such a pos!

Knew this was coming. Maybe he should consult with Italy and China on that. The Surgeon General says this week is going to be really bad. Video this morning of people crowded outside and in parks in NYC with no distancing going on. Believe me I understand the need to get outside now and how NYC is a completely different story than where I live, in terms of being able to do that.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF. AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!

Will full ignoramous ! :mad:
And ppl still gathering either ignorant, willfully ignorant, or fucking lazy to move apart!

Here in NYC I'm only going out for the necessities, and a walk on a sunny day and go a route that has quite less people normally. But I wondered why I was feeling extra tired after I came home from buying the smart phone that's giving me wifi at home?

Then - oh, of course - I realized because I had to duck and weave from younger people getting too close. I didn't notice if younger people are moving away from obviously older people. I look like I'm in my mid-50's so anyone younger who might be inclined to wouldn't. (not "bragging" my friends in their 50's forget I'm older) I just thought of that.

The world is just great.
SOME people act like scum!!!

You folks are heroes. :hug: So sorry to hear about even more added stress to you!!! :(

Ugh, the fact some people can't get tested is so frustrating. I get why, they don't want to overwhelm the system and whatnot, but still. I hope he'll be all right, too.

The world is just great.

Woooooooow. Fuck those assholes. I hope they're quickly found and have the book thrown at them.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Gee, somebody sounds grumpy that all his lies are obviously falling flat on their face and he can't control the narrative the way he wants.

Go to hell, Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom