global pandemic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Late stage capitalism: a parade of CEOs from big companies talking about how great their companies are during a White House briefing on a pandemic.

And Mike Pence attempting to crawl up Trump's ass so far he's starting to poke out of his mouth.

Trump was apparently ahead of everyone else in the world!

They are fucking gaslighting us.

These companies are so generous to offer a part of their parking lot. It's the best of America.

And Mike Pence attempting to crawl up Trump's ass so far he's starting to poke out of his mouth.

Trump was apparently ahead of everyone else in the world!

They are fucking gaslighting us.

Well they gaslight us every single day and some people buy it. So they just keep doing it.

Omg he just said some of the doctors say "it will wash through, it will flow through". What doctor said that, Dr Pimple Popper?

Late stage capitalism: a parade of CEOs from big companies talking about how great their companies are during a White House briefing on a pandemic.

The CEO of CVS ought to get in touch with what goes on in some of his pharmacies. And there were just news stories about unethical practices by CVS regarding prescriptions and profit motives.

i'm enjoying (not really, but, you know ...) how the conservatives on my FB page have gone from "it's a hoax" to "fucking relax" to "how could China have fucking done this to us" over the course of a single week.

So we appear to be i taking a different tact in the UK, than most other countries in the UK.

I am partly glad we are not closing the schools as my hospital and every other hospital would lose like 30% of their staff. Like my two colleagues on my team would need to go home to look after young families. Add in a 20% loss of staff from illness and well we would be fucked.

How any of this pans out for us is a bit of a guess, but at the very least it seems to be a tactic being employed by the science advisor to the gov and it's Public health team. Who knows if they are right or not.

So we appear to be i taking a different tact in the UK, than most other countries in the UK.

I am partly glad we are not closing the schools as my hospital and every other hospital would lose like 30% of their staff. Like my two colleagues on my team would need to go home to look after young families. Add in a 20% loss of staff from illness and well we would be fucked.

How any of this pans out for us is a bit of a guess, but at the very least it seems to be a tactic being employed by the science advisor to the gov and it's Public health team. Who knows if they are right or not.

LJT, thank you. Do keep looking after yourself, your family, and your patients. And thanks for pointing out so very well the amount of uncertainty all of our countries are facing at the moment.

The next few weeks and months will go by much smoother with some sense of calm and a little common sense.

I badly mangled that first sentence.

There are going to be hard choices, I am a bit concerned that we are taking such a different path to others, as I would assume they would be acting with their countries best scientific advice as well. So being the outlier is a bit unsettling. But our guys are well respected even if there are lots of arguments going on.

Time will tell. I am also quietly crapping myself about what work will become like in the weeks ahead.

Last edited:
i'm enjoying (not really, but, you know ...) how the conservatives on my FB page have gone from "it's a hoax" to "fucking relax" to "how could China have fucking done this to us" over the course of a single week.

Seriously, there is a special place in hell for anyone who thinks it's okay to call anything that leads to people being sick/injured or dying a hoax. See also: the "school shootings are a hoax" crowd (whom I'm going to take a wild guess and say are pretty much the same people who were going around saying, "Coronavirus is a hoax!").

Also, "how could China have done this to us"...what? Yes. They all totally schemed and plotted to spread this illness to everybody just for sadistic funsies. Nailed it.

I truly cannot fathom the thought process of people like this. I really can't.

The Bundesliga was cancelled yesterday afternoon, after a lot of backlash.

In Berlin, all non-food establishments like bars and pubs will be mandated to close beginning Tuesday night. Why Tuesday night and not earlier? Well, because first the Berlin Senate will need to meet Tuesday morning to pass some emergency laws that will allow them to mandate the closure.
Containment: 0
Bureaucracy: 1

You'd think just out of love for his wife and kids Trump would get tested. But, um..and I could be wrong but I believe Melania and Barron live in a separate wing of the WH. But I assume there is still contact.

Trump is treating his own testing and possible positive test the way he treats everything else-denial, lying, wishing. CNN said it changed again overnight and he's not getting tested.

Horrible role modeling and completely irresponsible as our "President".

Why can’t the billionaire owners cover the costs ? I’m glad the players are helping out but come on

And it’s looking like the White House and Mar-a-Lago are the ground zero in the states....

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1238827269986058241?s=21

I know he’s been called Teflon Don, but to viruses too!!?!
Majority have committed to pay part time employees through the end of the month. Some of the players have decided to donate themselves just as a good will gesture.

Many of these owners are also very much asset rich and cash poor - not an excuse for them, but more than you would think are reliant upon the incoming cash flow of the teams and arenas to make budget. Their status as billionaires is more in the valuation of the franchise and less in their actual bank account.

And yes, some are just assholes. I'm not saying who, but their name may rhyme with Blames Strollin'

Last edited:
Stay safe LN7!

All Canadians have been told to return home.

I wouldn’t be surprised if our border is closed by early-mid next week.

And the Mexicans will finally be thankful for that wall...

Everything is pretty much as normal in Chicago. Grocery store was a bit low on some things but no evidence of manic behavior anywhere.

Stay safe, folks.

What annoys me the most is that in Brooklyn, other than depleted grocery stores, it seems like a lot of people are still living life as if nothing is happening - crowded restaurants, definitely no social distancing happening. It sucks because we will pay for it in a week or two.

Stay safe, folks.

What annoys me the most is that in Brooklyn, other than depleted grocery stores, it seems like a lot of people are still living life as if nothing is happening - crowded restaurants, definitely no social distancing happening. It sucks because we will pay for it in a week or two.
The big park a few blocks from me was jammed up. A friend who lives near a popular street for bars said they were packed last night.

We're destined for the same fate as Italy, Spain and France.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom