global pandemic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My employer told us if we have to self quarantine we have to take vacation.

Believe that.

that's insane. my company has had a "self-isolation" category of leave since late january (the head office is in australia), 15 paid days that don't count against sick day entitlements or vacation.

i'm pretty sure that nobody will be going into the office and we'll all be indefinitely working from home starting monday anyways. entire floors in bank towers here in toronto's financial district are being put into quarantine at this point. the trading desk of one of the major banks is forbidden from contacting any other bank employees face-to-face during their work day and they have their own separate entrance to the building and elevator.

of course for the general public there are no precautions are being taken aside from there now being a few extra purell dispensers in the tunnels that go between the office towers downtown and some new signs in public bathrooms that explain proper hand washing.

Last edited:
that's insane. my company has had a "self-isolation" category of leave since late january (the head office is in australia), paid days that don't count against sick day entitlements or vacation.

i'm pretty sure that nobody will be going into the office and we'll all be indefinitely working from home starting monday anyways. entire floors in bank towers here in toronto's financial district are being put into quarantine at this point.

There was a case of coronavirus in a shared building that we rent from and they still haven’t told everyone in the company yet

Just listened, sort of, to the Oval Office address.

Relieved to know our UK friends are immune, unlike their filthy Continental neighbors.

I guess the orange fool met his Katrina.

Finally he stopped yapping this is overblown.

Honestly it wouldn’t surprise me if my family has/had it. We are in Western Washington. I’ve been feeling pretty under the weather since Saturday, my wife also, and our kids were both sick. Lots of the same symptoms. But none of us is too bad, and we’ve self-quarantined. Kids are pretty much over it. I work from home 100% of the time. My wife is staying home from work (unfortunately her job does not offer sick leave or even paid time off, but I’m working overtime, so it balances out). I haven’t been out of the house since Friday. Still have the energy to work on the album I’ve been making over the last year and some change despite the overtime. But we are relatively young (early-mid 30s) so we are probably in the clear from severe stuff. But we are doing our part staying out of the public.

Take care. I hope it's just the regular flu for you and that you and your family will be well soon.

The owner of a Greek and English football team tested positive for Corona then half the Arsenal team have had to go into isolation as they were hanging out with him.

And now one of Juventus' players has tested positive... That's probably the last football we will be seeing for a good long while.

As of last night, this Champions League season may as well be cancelled.

Things aren't as dire (yet) here in Australia but it's got to the point where I'm becoming reluctant to go to places/events unrelated to work/basic necessities.

I don't have much faith in our government to manage this competently when it escalates.

Two people at CBS News have tested positive. Their NYC broadcast center is closed for disinfecting, they just announced this live on CBS morning show. Don't know where they're broadcasting from now.

Amazing how many emails I've gotten since last night titled "A message about Covid-19" or similar.
Got them from airlines, rental car companies, my credit cards, CVS, Broadway in Boston....

So I'm not officially quarantined - I'm kind of in a wait and see pattern right now.

We played Utah 2 weeks ago and I was on that road trip. I had no interactions with the player in question, but I've had interactions with our players and staff since then. It was 14 days ago so within the recommended quarantine time but outside the transmission time - so I'm just kinda hanging around the house waiting for someone to tell me what to do.

Just listened, sort of, to the Oval Office address.

Relieved to know our UK friends are immune, unlike their filthy Continental neighbors.
While I don't disagree with Trump that the response in Europe hasn't been great, it's still (mostly) better than what the UK has done.
Which is again better than what the US has done.

Amazing how many emails I've gotten since last night titled "A message about Covid-19" or similar.
Got them from airlines, rental car companies, my credit cards, CVS, Broadway in Boston....

Same here. I got the Broadway in Boston too, honestly I can't believe they're continuing with performances.

The Celtics are self quarantined, they played Utah last Friday. I hate to say it but I think many of their players would test positive.

Enes Kanter should be safe, with the way he defends, no chance he came in contact with Gobert. :wink:

Oops....

Someone on tv last night said that basketball players "exchange bodily fluids". Obviously I know what they were trying to convey, but I think that's an example of leaving those descriptions to doctors and scientists.

All teams that played the within 5 days are self quarantined. They're trying to figure out if the teams that played the teams in the last 5 days should be as well, whether staff that has been in contact with players outside of Utah should be, etc etc.

It's a mess, a mess we should have been prepared for, and all leagues/games whatever should.be cancelled until we figure it out, flatten the curve.

My family member, who went to the ER with sudden pneumonia after difficulty breathing, is young. He has been denied coronavirus testing at every location he asked because there are not enough kits. Nobody documented him as a suspected or potentiel case, that he’s aware of.

My family member, who went to the ER with sudden pneumonia after difficulty breathing, is young. He has been denied coronavirus testing at every location he asked because there are not enough kits. Nobody documented him as a suspected or potentiel case, that he’s aware of.

I think right now the lack of kits and access to testing is the number one problem. Our govt wants to act as if it's not a problem, as far as I can tell.

A childhood friend of my Mom is in her 80's and has pneumonia and the daughter she lives with has it too. They went to a walk in place and were given that diagnosis and told to see their doctors.

This woman had pneumonia a couple of months ago. She has diabetes and other serious health
issues. I asked her if she was tested for coronavirus and she said no. I'm just so worried about her. She puts everyone else before herself, she's more worried about her SIL who has cancer.

I don't want to frighten her but she needs to be tested and I'm powerless to do anything about it.

The Hill.com

The country's top immigration judge issued and then reversed an order for immigration courts to take down coronavirus public service announcement posters issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Miami Herald reported.

The initial order, issued Monday by acting Chief Immigration Judge Christopher Santoro in an email to judges and staff, reportedly read in part, "Per our leadership, the CDC flyer is not authorized for posting in the immigration courts. If you see one (attached), please remove it. Thank you."

The flyers explain, in English and Spanish, the proper CDC-approved procedures to minimize microbial contamination.

Immigration judges are employees of the Department of Justice (DOJ) through the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR).

According to the Herald, a DOJ spokesman contacted the newspaper four hours after the story's publication to say, "the signs shouldn't have been removed. It's now being rectified."

EOIR did not immediately return a request for comment on this story.

The National Association of Immigration Judges (NAIJ) - the union that represents immigration judges - took to Twitter Monday to denounce the EOIR action.

The NAIJ Twitter account said the association "had recommended to immigration judges that they post in courthouses the English and Spanish language versions of the CDC's 'Stop the Spread of Germs' and 'Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019' posters."

The order, and its rescission, comes in the wake of complaints from Democrats and immigration activists that Trump administration immigration policies could increase the risk for transmission of infectious disease, including coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom