global pandemic - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2020, 04:58 PM   #201
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:27 PM
Look at this fucking weasel

https://twitter.com/RepMattGaetz/sta...543428099?s=19

Old 03-09-2020, 05:00 PM   #202
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Just a couple of hours ago in fact.
Ruh roh Then Trump shook hands with supporters on the tarmac when AF 1 landed

Click image for larger version

Name:	3r74q3.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	12423

Old 03-09-2020, 05:04 PM   #203
Blue Crack Addict

The head of the NY Port Authority has coronavirus. Also a priest in DC who shook hands with hundreds of people at services. I don't know about communion. Now those people are being asked to self quarantine.
Old 03-09-2020, 05:14 PM   #204
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Most of the travel, event and conference shutdowns don't affect me because I'm a stay at home father and homebody right now looking for a teaching job in the 2020-2021 school year after completing my credential last month. I can handle a quarantine with no problems.

But I have a job interview downtown on Wednesday and intended to take public transport over. As someone who has been in multiple car accidents and suffers anxiety in cars, I'm weighing risk right now. The whole thing has me freaked out anyway because the interview involves group work with students and multiple interviewers, so it's basically a small conference. Lots of close quarters.

That's the rub though: you can't completely shut your life down. You can cut out frivolous travel and unnecessary risks, but when it affects my livelihood, I can't say no. I'm just going to have to follow logical precautions and hope for the best.
Good luck for your interview. I'm going on job interviews too. I live with anxiety and depression, so this virus stuff doesn't help. I get it. All we can do is take the precautions that we can and hold on to hope.
Old 03-09-2020, 05:17 PM   #205
Blue Crack Addict

Breaking news-Ivanka is working on a vaccine

Click image for larger version

Name:	ESg-Lk3XQAA_mve.jpeg
Views:	18
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	12424
Old 03-09-2020, 05:22 PM   #206
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:27 AM
All if Italy has gone into lockdown now.
Old 03-09-2020, 05:25 PM   #207
Blue Crack Addict

I mean with italy it’s about time. One of the West’s biggest mistakes was assuming Italy wasn’t as big a threat as Asian countries because westernism. Italy easily had the biggest failure to control the outbreak.
Old 03-09-2020, 05:27 PM   #208
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Most of the travel, event and conference shutdowns don't affect me because I'm a stay at home father and homebody right now looking for a teaching job in the 2020-2021 school year after completing my credential last month. I can handle a quarantine with no problems.

But I have a job interview downtown on Wednesday and intended to take public transport over. As someone who has been in multiple car accidents and suffers anxiety in cars, I'm weighing risk right now. The whole thing has me freaked out anyway because the interview involves group work with students and multiple interviewers, so it's basically a small conference. Lots of close quarters.

That's the rub though: you can't completely shut your life down. You can cut out frivolous travel and unnecessary risks, but when it affects my livelihood, I can't say no. I'm just going to have to follow logical precautions and hope for the best.
My wife and I rely on one of the most crowded subway lines in NYC basically everyday, and it's driving me insane. My work has just mandated 3 days a week of telecommute, but my wife still needs to go everyday.

I would be a lot of money that NYC will look like Italy about a week from now.
Old 03-09-2020, 06:26 PM   #209
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:27 AM
Waiting for my company to demand the WFH. They were just about to change it as I've heard some people were abusing it....

Now it's an abuse to go into work with this virus!!!

I imagine all the toilet paper is due to people stockpiling on the canned beans!
Old 03-09-2020, 06:42 PM   #210
Blue Crack Addict

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...61592029630464
Old 03-09-2020, 09:37 PM   #211
Blue Crack Distributor

Pearl Jam tour postponed, and I'm not entirely sure which thread I should post it in
Old 03-09-2020, 09:55 PM   #212
Blue Crack Addict

I didn't see it but I heard Trump was an epic fail at the coronavirus press conference today. And Pence said he didn't know if Trump has been tested. Shouldn't the American public have a right to know that?

Vanityfair.com

“He’s Definitely Melting Down Over This”: Trump, Germaphobe in Chief, Struggles to Control the Covid-19 Story

GABRIEL SHERMAN
MARCH 9, 2020 1:19

Ever since the coronavirus exploded outside of China at the end of January, Donald Trump has treated the public health crisis as a media war that he could win with the right messaging. But with cases now documented in 34 states and markets plunging, Republicans close to Trump fear his rosy assessments are fundamentally detached from reality in ways that will make the epidemic worse. “He is trying to control the narrative and he can’t,” a former West Wing official told me.

The problem is that the crisis fits into his preexisting and deeply held worldview—that the media is always searching for a story to bring him down. Covid-19 is merely the latest instance, and he’s reacting in familiar ways. “So much FAKE NEWS!” Trump tweeted this morning. “He wants Justice to open investigations of the media for market manipulation,” a source close to the White House told me. Trump is also frustrated with his West Wing for not getting a handle on the news cycle. “He’s very frustrated he doesn’t have a good team around him,” a former White House official said. On Friday he forced out acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney and replaced him with former House Freedom Caucus chair Mark Meadows. Trump thought the virus was “getting beyond Mick,” a person briefed on the internal discussions said. Trump has also complained that economic adviser Larry Kudlow is not doing enough to calm jittery markets. Last week Kudlow refused Trump’s request that Kudlow hold an on-camera press briefing, sources said. “Larry didn’t want to have to take questions about coronavirus,” a person close to Kudlow told me. “Larry’s not a doctor. How can he answer questions about something he doesn’t know?”

Trump found a willing surrogate in Kellyanne Conway, but Conway’s dubious claim on Friday that the virus “is being contained” only made the P.R. situation worse.

Trump’s efforts to take control of the story himself have so far failed. A source said Trump was pleased with ratings for the Fox News town hall last Thursday, but he was furious with how he looked on television. “Trump said afterwards that the lighting was bad,” a source briefed on the conversation said. “He said, ‘We need Bill Shine back in here. Bill would never allow this.’”

Trump’s press conference on Friday at the CDC was a Trumpian classic, heavy on braggadocio and almost entirely lacking a sense of the seriousness of the crisis. “I like this stuff. I really get it,” Trump told reporters, his face partly hidden under a red “Keep America Great” hat. “People are surprised that I understand it. Every one of these doctors say, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should’ve done that instead of running for president.” At another point Trump compared the situation to the Ukraine shakedown. “The [coronavirus] tests are all perfect. Like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect,” he said.

By now many of the president’s advisers are numb to this kind of performance. “There’s very little that fazes anyone now,” a former official said. But one person who spoke to the president over the weekend saw the press conference as an ominous sign. “He’s just now waking up to the fact that this is bad, and he doesn’t know how to respond.”

As Trump pushes a nothing-to-see-here message in public, sources said he’s privately terrified about getting the virus. “Donald is a famous germaphobe. He hates it if someone is eating nachos and dips a chip back in after taking a bite. He calls them ‘double dippers,’” a prominent Republican said. Former Trump aide Sam Nunberg recalled Trump’s response to the last major outbreak in 2014. “When I worked for Trump, he was obsessed with Ebola,” Nunberg told me. (One Mar-a-Lago guest disputed this and said Trump was handshaking with gusto this past weekend. “He was acting like the opposite of a germaphobe,” the source said.)

Stories about Trump’s coronavirus fears have spread through the White House. Last week Trump told aides he’s afraid journalists will try to purposefully contract coronavirus to give it to him on Air Force One, a person close to the administration told me. The source also said Trump has asked the Secret Service to set up a screening program and bar anyone who has a cough from the White House grounds. “He’s definitely melting down over this,” the source said.

But thus far Trump’s private concerns haven’t affected his public response. Pressure from the public health community is mounting on Trump to cancel his mass rallies, but Trump is pushing back. “He is going to resist until the very last minute,” a former West Wing official said. “He may take suggestions to stop shaking hands, but in terms of shutting stuff down, his position is: ‘No, I’m not going to do it.’”

The White House did not respond to a request for comment.
Old 03-09-2020, 10:00 PM   #213
Blue Crack Supplier

May every Republican who whored themsleves over to this vulgar orange carnival barker go down with him.
Old 03-09-2020, 11:14 PM   #214
Blue Crack Distributor

https://twitter.com/TatianaYSanchez/...792532992?s=19

https://twitter.com/TatianaYSanchez/...238501888?s=19

Expect more things like this very very soon.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:25 AM   #215
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
May every Republican who whored themsleves over to this vulgar orange carnival barker go down with him.
Yep. I'm sick and tired of hearing them anonymously telling people how "concerned" and "frustrated" they are about Trump. The GOP-led Senate had their chance to do the right thing a couple months ago. Trump's advisers or any other officials around him could've talked to other members of the GOP about how to get him out of here if they're that concerned. They could do the whole 25th Amendment thing, if need be, or something.

Bottom line, they need to either put up or shut up. And if they continue to stand around and twiddle their thumbs and let Trump trample over everything as he does, then as you rightly note, they deserve to pay the price right alongside him.

From that article MrsSpringsteen shared:

Quote:
"Maybe I should’ve done that instead of running for president.”
Oh, how we all wish he'd chosen to do anything else other than run for president...

Quote:
At another point Trump compared the situation to the Ukraine shakedown. “The [coronavirus] tests are all perfect. Like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect,” he said.
I just saw a clip of him saying this on Colbert's show. On the one hand I shouldn't be shocked, 'cause, Trump, but on the other hand...there aren't enough cuss words in the world to express my thoughts on that. Shut. The hell. Up. You asshole.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:38 AM   #216
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 07:27 PM
I have two concerts coming up, one in April and one in May. I suspect the one in April will be canceled. And while that's disappointing, I totally get it and hope efforts like that add up.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:53 AM   #217
Blue Crack Addict

I’m not looking forward to how my concert schedule might indeed not be cancelled.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:59 AM   #218
Blue Crack Addict

my partner bought us tickets to see thundercat next week and we've been really looking forward to it for a while, but i'm sadly expecting at any moment for it to be postponed or cancelled outright. i'll be pleasantly surprised if the show goes on.
Old 03-10-2020, 01:09 AM   #219
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 07:27 PM
Honestly, I'm such a germophobe right now that I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable going even if my shows didn't get canceled. I feel like I can't enjoy anything that involves me leaving the house.

It's pretty unrealistic to be so afraid since I'm a 29 year old with clean lungs and no underlying conditions that would prevent me from recovering quickly, but then I see these stories about young adults basically dropping dead or needing to be intubated and the anxiety spiral starts all over again.
Old 03-10-2020, 01:17 AM   #220
Blue Crack Addict

i've pretty much accepted that mathematically i'm almost certain to get it at some point. she works in the international terminal of the airport and takes the airport train home, and i take an overcrowded downtown streetcar to and from work every day. toronto's financial district is so crowded five days a week (and really very little precautions have been taken so far other than making sure people can work from home) that when it hits, it'll be fast.