get along

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Green Eyes

War Child
Road Trippin' Across The Universe to Zoo Station
I know that it seems impossible, but can't we all just get along? I mean, like gays, disabled people, people of all sorts of religions, and nationalites, and all the rest? The world would be a most better place if this could happen. Hope that I didn't offend anyone with this.

Mr. Green Eyes said:
I know that it seems impossible, but can't we all just get along? I mean, like gays, disabled people, people of all sorts of religions, and nationalites, and all the rest? The world would be a most better place if this could happen. Hope that I didn't offend anyone with this.

Aww, you are precious :heart:

I wish we could too. Your post reminds me of Lennon's "Imagine."

Well I'll be serious for a second and say, no it doesn't offend me. But it is a trifle simplistic.

There are real reasons why people will never get along, though I'd like to think that at least the conflicts should and could be confined to the civic arena (ie. politics not war):

-different groups compete for the same resources
-for various reasons different groups sometimes deny the right of others to exist
-and finally, people just don't always get along.

Well yes, society is always evolving, and I'm not as pesssimistic as I might sound. I think the rule of law is a huge evolution that society (broadly) has made over the last 1,000 years or so. People will always hate each other, but maybe, just maybe, our civic order can keep those conflicts within reasonable bounds. I call that a great advance right there.

As for us humans ourselves, on a personal level, well we don't really change. We educate ourselves en masse as a society, and we probably are improving a little through the generations, but that's not inherent, a baby isn't born with it.

i like that guns n roses video , " welcome to the jungle live " with rodney king ( ?? ) saying the same words

yes we can
do we want to ?
NO
john lennon was as selfish and cruel as they come
but we will get along and the pigs swill fly again

smile !!

Back
Top Bottom