George Bush and The Professor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Now this just plain pisses me off. Am I misunderstanding what I am reading. That the White House allowed this man access to the President, AFTER he was put on a terrorist watch list??? Becasue they were reaching out to the Muslim community??? What the hell is going on in this administration????

SO it is alright to have terrorists in the White House for POLITICAL gain even though they are on our own TERRORIST WATCH list??????

I give up!!!!!!

Three paragraphs for you all to enjoy!

BUSH JOKED AROUND with the professor?s son, Abdullah, nicknaming the 6-foot-3 teen ?Big Dude.? Al-Arian later told friends he even used the occasion to press Bush on a key issue among Muslim Americans: the Justice Department?s use of ?secret evidence? to deport accused terrorists.

In those pre-9-11 days, Bush was eagerly courting the growing Muslim vote?and more than willing to listen to seemingly sincere activists like Al-Arian. When he debated Al Gore later in the year, Bush even made a point of bringing up the secret-evidence issue. Al-Arian was thrilled?and began registering local Muslims for the Republican Party and praising Bush at local mosques. ?I think I personally played a big role in electing Bush,? he boasted at a Muslim American dinner last April.

CUT TO THIS PARAGRAPH:

A law-enforcement official told NEWSWEEK the Secret Service had flagged Al-Arian as a potential terrorist prior to the event. But White House aides, apparently reluctant to create an incident, let him through anyway. Such access had its advantages. ?He always told me the charges were garbage,? said Khaled Saffuri, chairman of the Islamic Institute. ?When you hear he?s going to the White House, you figure what he?s saying must be true.? In fact, federal prosecutors charged last week, Al-Arian carried out his secret terrorist agenda ?under the guise of promoting and protecting Arab rights??making his public profile a critical part of his MO. ?It was the perfect cover,? said Steven Emerson, a terrorism analyst who has followed Al-Arian for years.

Whole Article:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/876188.asp#BODY

and another article:

http://www.insightmag.com/news/376498.html

Which opens with this:
A controversial professor who was arrested by federal agents in Tampa, Fla., on Feb. 20 had sufficient political connections to be invited to the White House in late May or early June 2001, three months before the al-Qaeda attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, and to have a photograph taken with President George W. Bush, Insight has learned.

Lilly said:

[insert joke here naming leader of opposite political party from your own]

OK, it's possible that there would be terrorist shenanigans going on in a Democratic administration. The fact of the matter is that a Republican administration is in power, thus the ball's in their court. The people in power take the flak, not the people who aren't.

Lilly, it is not the same...or maybe it is.....They let him in for political gain after the man was put on a terrorist watch list. Just becasue the Democrats did it does not amke it right. QUite honestly, all the more reason the Republicans should be behaving differently.

Peace

Dreadsox said:
Just becasue the Democrats did it does not amke it right. QUite honestly, all the more reason the Republicans should be behaving differently.

Where do you think the Democrats learned their bad behavior from in the first place? :sexywink:

Melon

Which came first the "Donkey" or the "Elephant"?

hehe!!!

Dreadsox said:
Which came first the "Donkey" or the "Elephant"?

hehe!!!

Well...
Donkey starts with a D and Elephant with an E so for the dictionary... :)

C ya!

Marty (who has suddenly solved the Chicken and the Egg problem!)

verte76 said:

OK, it's possible that there would be terrorist shenanigans going on in a Democratic administration. The fact of the matter is that a Republican administration is in power, thus the ball's in their court. The people in power take the flak, not the people who aren't.

Apologies - my whimsical nature must not have coincided with my clarifying side.

Can you say "political embarrassment"????
I took it out of the context of just this thread and present time. If you just said that in a room full of fymers, 8 people would say "BUSH!" and 8 people would say "CLINTON!" and we'd snicker and move on.

Twas just a joke. :)

Back
Top Bottom