Geography lesson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadelynIris

Refugee
http://www.testic.co.uk/

The Geography of a Woman:

Between the ages of 18 - 21 a woman is like Africa or Australia: Half discovered, half wild and naturally beautiful with bushland around the fertile deltas.

Between the ages of 21 - 30 a woman is like America or Japan: Completely discovered, very well developed and open to trade with cash or cars.

Between the ages of 30 - 35, she is like India or Spain: Very hot, relaxed and convinced of its own beauty.

Between the ages of 35 - 40 a woman is like France or Argentina: She may have been half destroyed during the war but can still be a warm and desirable place to visit.

Between the ages of 40 - 50 she is like Yugoslavia or Iraq: She lost the war and is haunted by past mistakes. Massive reconstruction is now necessary.

Between the ages of 50 - 60 she is like Russia or Canada: Very wide, quiet, and the borders are practically un-patrolled but the frigid climate keeps people away.

Between the ages of 60 - 70 a woman is like England or Mongolia: With a glorious and all conquering past but alas no future.

After 70, they become West Belfast or Limerick: Everyone knows where it is, but no one wants to go there.

The Geography of a Man: Between the ages of 15 - 70 a man is like Zimbabwe: Ruled by a dick.

I find it interesting how much of hetero culture is based on the idealization of women and self-deprecation of men. But I think the latter is more laziness; they're looking for their "savior" in a supermodel wife that mothers them and has sex on-demand.

Makes me glad I'm gay.

Melon

Yes, well, the particular form of "self-deprecation" embodied by the last statement certainly comes in handy as justification for the self-interested "idealization" contained in the previous ones. That is, if you can call ranking women by fuckability based on their age "idealization." I wouldn't.

yolland said:
Yes, well, the particular form of "self-deprecation" embodied by the last statement certainly comes in handy as justification for the self-interested "idealization" contained in the previous ones. That is, if you can call ranking women by fuckability based on their age "idealization." I wouldn't.

You're correct. What I meant is that in the hetero world, there's an expectation that women will live up to some artificial ideal; otherwise, they are useless. Men, on the other hand, are allowed to be old, fat, lazy, and stupid and these "idealized" supermodel women are supposed to be clamoring for them.

You see it in sitcoms all the time, and, undoubtedly, the stereotype of gay men being "dangerous to children" is likely a look into how they think two straight men would deal with children. Indeed, two lazy fat asses belching while watching TV sports ten hours a day would be bad fathers. So their wives are expected to pick up the slack.

Melon

melon said:
they're looking for their "savior" in supermodel wife that mothers them and has sex on-demand.

lol

thats very cliché nooooow..

what does gay man look for?

OK, women's turn.

The Geography of a Man

From 18-25, they are South America. Steamy, wild, growing
things with heavy fruit bursting forth.

From 26-40, they are North America. Still virile, but not the
easy power they used to be. Showing signs of aging,
but making up in skill what they've lost in youth. Also,
more adept at coverup.

From 40-55, they are Europe. Long past their days of glory,
but still holding on to the memory.

From 55--death. they are Antarctica. There may be signs of
life there, but most of it is illusion.

OR IF YOU'D PREFER

The Correlation between Pitches and Men

From 18-25 They are fastball, power pitchers. (Emphasis
on fast)

From 26-40 Finesse pitchers. Develop a great curve.

From 40-55 May need a little bit of artificial help for
the K

From 55 on Throw pure junk.

Last edited:
MadelynIris said:
http://www.testic.co.uk/

The Geography of a Woman:

Between the ages of 35 - 40 a woman is like France or Argentina: She may have been half destroyed during the war but can still be a warm and desirable place to visit.

Between the ages of 40 - 50 she is like Yugoslavia or Iraq: She lost the war and is haunted by past mistakes. Massive reconstruction is now necessary.

I guess the whole premise
is a set up for the joke

that men are dicks

i have no problem with that.

but , I am dating a woman that is 39
and she is certainly not half-destroyed

and I know many women in the 40-50 that have lost nothing
and require no reconstruction

out of sensitivity to some of the women who look in this forum

i want to add
this is sophomoric humor
and I do not find it too cleaver

but, then again
i have been vacationing in France, Argentina, and Yugoslavia
and having the time of my life.

I am looking forward to Canada and Russia, too.

melon said:
I find it interesting how much of hetero culture is based on the idealization of women and self-deprecation of men. But I think the latter is more laziness; they're looking for their "savior" in a supermodel wife that mothers them and has sex on-demand.

Makes me glad I'm gay.

Melon

yeah... that's very cliché.

you would be upset if someone start to talk about gay stereotypes... so, why do you use stereotypes about the "hetero culture" ??????

at least I could laugh of the joke (and it is cause I know that it is not the true)

Muggsy said:
you would be upset if someone start to talk about gay stereotypes... so, why do you use stereotypes about the "hetero culture" ??????

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm merely reporting the stereotypes that television sitcoms and that original joke perpetuates. It's my view that "homophobia" is merely a regurgitation of heterosexual self-deprecation. So, really, blatant "homophobia" is really latent "heterophobia," if you think about it. Jokes about "gay men" are really a reflection of how they view two heterosexual men if they got together.

Melon

If that was the case then surely the stereotype of the gay man would be less effeminate and more in line with those of men in general.

I don't doubt that most sitcoms use the generic lazy man formula, but is that not just more because it is so generic and workable rather than a sinister reflection of "heterosexual culture".

i thought this thread would actually be a geography lesson. now i am disappointed.

I love this sensitive side of deep, did someone else take over his PC? :wink:

if that geography lesson is supposed to be funny, it's lost on me

The correlation between pitches and men = they all start out like the Curt Schilling of 04 but then you always end up w/ the Curt Schilling of 05, w/ the body of David Wells :wink:

A_Wanderer said:
If that was the case then surely the stereotype of the gay man would be less effeminate and more in line with those of men in general.

I don't doubt that most sitcoms use the generic lazy man formula, but is that not just more because it is so generic and workable rather than a sinister reflection of "heterosexual culture".

The "effeminacy" is the only truly "gay" part of that stereotype, which, really, is a caricature of how they imagine two heterosexual women being if they were together. But in terms of being irresponsible, bad parents, few sitcoms ever show heterosexual fathers being responsible parents. The wives are always there to save the day.

Melon

MrsSpringsteen said:
I love this sensitive side of deep, did someone else take over his PC? :wink:

if that geography lesson is supposed to be funny, it's lost on me

The correlation between pitches and men = they all start out like the Curt Schilling of 04 but then you always end up w/ the Curt Schilling of 05, w/ the body of David Wells :wink:

:lol:

melon said:

But in terms of being irresponsible, bad parents, few sitcoms ever show heterosexual fathers being responsible parents. The wives are always there to save the day.

Because it's funny. Real families aren't nearly as entertaining to watch as stupid TV families. :yes:

Do you really think generic sitcoms that portray the nuclear family in that manner are an accurate reflection of today's society? I mean, I can't speak for everyone, but in all of the families I know, the situation is far different that what you might see on TV.

Back
Top Bottom