General Clark is making Ross Perot mistakes!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
[Q]"The White House actually back in February apparently tried to get me knocked off CNN and they wanted to do this because they were afraid that I would raise issues with their conduct of the war," Clark told Newsradio 620 KTAR. "Apparently they called CNN. I don't have all the proof on this because they didn't call me. I've only heard rumors about it." [/Q]

He MUST NOT make statements like this without proof!!!!

I am not sure how many of you remember Ross Perot in 1992 but his campain was totally derailed by statements like this. Of course Ross made more outrageous statments than this, but if Clark is going to run, he needs better handlers.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,95714,00.html

I don't really see this as a problem. Either people will believe him or they won't. It doesn't sound far-fetched to me, but proof would be nice. But if that's his understanding of what happened, then he's free to state it. He didn't state it as fact, just said "apparantly".

Anyway, I think Dean makes much crazier statements every day.

-----------------------------------------
General Wesley Clark For President

DraftWesleyClark.com

womanfish said:
I don't really see this as a problem. Either people will believe him or they won't. It doesn't sound far-fetched to me, but proof would be nice. But if that's his understanding of what happened, then he's free to state it. He didn't state it as fact, just said "apparantly".

Anyway, I think Dean makes much crazier statements every day.

-----------------------------------------
General Wesley Clark For President

DraftWesleyClark.com

Read the article...he made other allegations without proof as well. Ross Perot was kicking but when the unsubstantiated things he said derailed his campain.

This may not be major, but if he continues to do things like this, it will be.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think (and hope) that it's the difference of him being a candidate and not being a candidate. If he declares and starts to actually run for office then he will have to straighten up with any unfounded allegations, and I'm sure he'll have an army of people to help make sure he does this.
----------------------------------------
General Wesley Clark for President
DraftWesleyClark.com

Dreadsox said:

Read the article...he made other allegations without proof as well. Ross Perot was kicking but when the unsubstantiated things he said derailed his campain.

This may not be major, but if he continues to do things like this, it will be.

I just did read the article fully and I think you're over-reacting. He is making these statements, but they aren't "without proof." He just isn't naming names at the moment. That's a big difference. If he said - I was pressured by CNN to quit and I think it came from the White House. Than that's different. If he said I was pressured to come up with a link between 9/11 and Iraq and I think the Bush administration had something to do with it, then that would be different.

But it seems to me from this article that he knows exactly who it was that was doing the pressuring and asking the questions, he's just not going to out individuals and name names.

-----------------------------------------------
General Wesley Clark for President
DraftWesleyClark.com

verte76 said:
I read the article and wasn't disturbed by his anything he said.

It all goes to credibility. He has not announced yet, and you are right, he has not said anything extrememly outrageous.

There is no way he is electable if he makes statements and cannot back them up. Especially accusations.

Back
Top Bottom