"Gay Penguin" Book Removed From Childrens Section

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I wonder how many of those kids ever had any inkling that the book had anything to do with "gayness" (even if by some big stretch one could say it could) :hmm: I think they might have just liked the book. From this article the story sure sounds like a very good example for kids. Paranoia the destroyer?

(Savannah, Missouri) A popular children's book about two male penguins who raise a baby penguin has been moved out of the children's sections of two local libraries after parents complained it promoted homosexuality.

"And Tango Makes Three," is based on a true story of two male penguins, named Roy and Silo, who adopted an abandoned egg at New York City's Central Park Zoo in the late 1990s.

The book, written by Peter Parnell and Justin Richardson, was moved to the non-fiction sections of Rolling Hills' Consolidated Library's branches in Savannah and St. Joseph in northwest Missouri.

Silo and Roy are chinstrap penguins. They set up housekeeping together and for six years were completely devoted to each other and inseparable.

Their chief keeper, Rob Gramzay discovered that the couple put a rock simulating an egg in their nest and sat on it, keeping it warm in the folds of their abdomens.

Gramzay finally gave them a fertile egg that needed care to hatch. Things went perfectly. Roy and Silo sat on it for the typical 34 days until a chick, Tango, was born. For the next two and a half months they raised Tango, keeping her warm and feeding her food from their beaks until she could go out into the world on her own.

Zoologists say that it is an over simplification to call the penguins gay, but exactly what bound the two, and other examples of same-sex relationships among animals remains a mystery.

Early last year, after "And Tango Makes Three" was written the penguin couple broke up. For a brief period Roy lived with a female penguin.

©365Gay.com 2006

well i think i am going to go right down to my library and insist they remove any books that I disagree with!!!!

Umm how about you DON'T FUCKING CHECK THE BOOK OUT FOR YOUR KID IF YOU DISAGREE WITH IT! I am so sick of people's "if I don't like something no one else should be able to have access to it" attitude. :angry: :angry: :angry:

ILuvLarryMullen said:
well i think i am going to go right down to my library and insist they remove any books that I disagree with!!!!

Umm how about you DON'T FUCKING CHECK THE BOOK OUT FOR YOUR KID IF YOU DISAGREE WITH IT! I am so sick of people's "if I don't like something no one else should be able to have access to it" attitude. :angry: :angry: :angry:

:up:. Agreed. Annoying as hell, isn't it?

Angela

ILuvLarryMullen said:

And make sure you go to the record store (yes, I'm showing my quite considerable age here) and demand they not carry music you don't like either! :mad:

verte76 said:
Oh, for goodness' sakes. This is knee-jerk behavior on the part of these parents. It's completely irrational.

Yep. That, and it's also proof that people have way too much time on their hands and are worrying about the silliest things nowadays. Forget wars, forget crime in towns, forget the real serious stuff-no, we must protect children from a book about two male penguins raising a baby animal! 'Cause that's totally what will screw them up.

Angela

even if they don't want their kid to read about gay penguins fine. whatever. that's your right. But if I also have the right to let my kid read about gay penguins if I want to :angry:.

indra said:

And make sure you go to the record store (yes, I'm showing my quite considerable age here) and demand they not carry music you don't like either! :mad:

I'm going to make them remove the whole chrisitian rock section!

Umm how about you DON'T FUCKING CHECK THE BOOK OUT FOR YOUR KID IF YOU DISAGREE WITH IT! I am so sick of people's "if I don't like something no one else should be able to have access to it" attitude.

I totally agree.

nbcrusader said:

Did people think there was a book burning?

No but I think it is completely ridiculous to move it from the childrens' section because some of these parents believed it "promoted" homosexuality. It reminds me of when Falwell said Tinky Winky was gay and "promoting" homosexuality :rolleyes:

Funny how homosexuals are always promoting themselves, in a subversive attempt to get us straights to join in. Now it seems the same behaviour has trickled down to penguins. :ohmy:

:wink:

There are many books who had that treatment too... Parents are so hypocritical ! They let their kids view violent war movies, read books where sometimes characters can get their head chopped for example, but will immediatly complain if there is implicit sex or homosexuality !

In other words, they show kids they can kill their neighbour but not love them because they're the same gender.

Lovely.

awww that is a such a cute story! i think its quite sweey (also v funny, how roy had to explore his hetro side by living with a girl penguin for a while hahaha)

but on the topic of being moved in the library, i laugh to stop from crying about the absurdity and stupidy of people in this world. lol

So let me get this straight (snerk!): Two real male chinstrap penguins bond. They sit on a rock because they want a baby. They get one and raise it. This is documented as happening in nature. It happens often.

It is simply the stating of fact.

And somehow some random child is going to connect this to homosexuality.
What the fuck. I mean, male dogs hump each other to say, "You're my b**88". Does that mean they'r ehomosexual too?
Good Lord, people. Get over yourselves. Stupid parents.

don't you guys understand? if kids read that penguins are gay, naturally the kids will become gay too. children stories shape the children. think about it, why do you think so many kids are into witchcraft nowadays?
harry potter
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom