Gay Adoption Web Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
indra said:
There are actually some very liberal pockets in Ohio (Toledo area isn't one of them), just as there are some very conservative areas in usually liberal states.

Actually, Toledo is very Democratic. It votes solidly Democratic in every election. :sexywink:

Melon

80sU2isBest said:

So, do you see the difference or not?

i can see differences insofar as we are talking about different individuals adopting.

i can see differences in that, as i said, it is probably *easier* for a child to be in a heterosexual household from a social standpoint, but if mom and dad beat the shit out of each other on a regular basis that kind of makes the cosmetics of the situation irrelevant.

i do not see that the difference between a heterosexual couple and a homosexual couple is always default in favor of the heteros.

I'm only seeing a poll about how much longer we should be in Iraq right now. But I'd vote to support gay adoption.

If people have their own personal issues about gays adopting children, whatever, it's their opinion (even though it doesn't make a great deal of sense to me), but excuse me, what right do they have to try and actually stop gays from adopting children? Like others have said, so long as the couple can adequately care for the child, so long as there's love and shelter and food and clothing and all that good stuff around for the kid, shouldn't that be all that matters? Why should the parents' sexual orientation be an issue? I really am curious about that one.

Angela

b/c the kid might turn gay :rolleyes:

:tsk:

For everyone who thinks that based on sexual orientation someone should not have the right to welcome an abandoned child into their home....I think you all should be stepping up to the plate and taking in all these kids. :madspit:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
b/c the kid might turn gay :rolleyes:

:tsk:

So I'd like those who think that to explain to me then why I know of so many teens who are gay and who came from homes in which their parents were heterosexual. Hmm...how'd that work?

Yeah. That argument really doesn't hold up well (besides that, okay, so let's say the kid did turn gay. So...?).

Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
For everyone who thinks that based on sexual orientation someone should not have the right to welcome an abandoned child into their home....I think you all should be stepping up to the plate and taking in all these kids. :madspit:

:applaud:. Hear, hear! I agree-put your money where your mouth is :up:.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
I'm only seeing a poll about how much longer we should be in Iraq right now. But I'd vote to support gay adoption.

The polls change daily, which is why my point was to make sure a "Yes" was, at least, aired on television. Beyond that initial airing, the poll is discarded, so the "final tally," ultimately, is the one that airs.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom