Gasoline Prices are literally scaring me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's hysteria taking over. I stopped after work to buy a pack of smokes at a gas station in Dublin, NH. Population 1,500. Tiny nothing town.

There were lines 4 deep at the pumps.

We're our own worst enemy. We're so stupid we deserve it.

Wow, some of you have it pretty bad. Here in Dallas its still around $3.09 for regular and the stations where I live are as desolate as ever.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
So.....someone just said gas in one place in Zeeland (town a bit southwest of here) is $3.25 b/c of the hurricane.

Wrong!
Gas in Zeeland (granted, the province here in the Netherlands) is $ 7.30 per gallon.

No posting of gas prices please unless you can beat this.

Popmartijn said:

Wrong!
Gas in Zeeland (granted, the province here in the Netherlands) is $ 7.30 per gallon.

When it gets like this in the US, I'm going to point and laugh at assholes who own SUVs and giant trucks that get 12 MPG.

80sU2isBest said:
You know what makes it worse in my city? My city voted to pay for a new NFL stadium, and yet have voted down public transportation no less than 3 times. We are the biggest US city that doesn't have public transportation.

You live in Arlington, TX as well?

This is another one of those subjects I am really...... :| about....

It is almost like sometimes in america .... I feel people think they are invincible. It's not just about you, or us in this world.

On the bright side, if people need more public transportation, maybe it will bring them closer together...

Or if we bike more, American's won't be so obese :ohmy:

Popmartijn said:

Wrong!

:ohmy:

I just went out at lunchtime and all local gas stations but one were closed. The local TV station did a segment last night saying some of the stations had gasoline but had them plastic tied indicating no gasoline when in fact that did have fuel waiting for the new rates to post.....guess they have to wait for some reason....????

No gasoline....no going to work......simple as that.....there should be more of a reserve......after all this is the first major hurricane of the season. School buses say they have a 3 day- supply of fuel.

Just have to wait it out. Not good emergency planning.

:|

Popmartijn said:

Do Zeelanders have to drive or is it optional? That is, do they have an extensive public transportation system that they can access to get around?

That's what most of America lacks.

Melon

Ah but Melon, a decent public transport system would be depending on big brother instead of good old self reliance, can't have that can you?

Today, I was wondering what was going through the mind of the guy at the gas pump next to me. He was filling his RV, and the final bill was pennies shy of $200.

I think the For Sale sign was a clue.

I live in Florida.....been wondering about all those boats....marine fuel is not cheap to begin with......and not very economical.............???

:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom