G. W. Bush may be a good prez but I think he's a nutcase some of the time - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-07-2002, 03:37 AM   #21
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun
 
Lemonite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Notre Dame, IN, 46556
Posts: 1,072
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees:
What in the world is a Mangina? If I'm going to be flaunting something, I at least need to know what it is. That said, if you want drunken stories, you'll have to buy me a drink first ;-)

(Jokes aside, I don't mean to offend anyone. Bush certainly isn't one of my favourite politicians but I know other people have different opinions and I absolutely respect that.)

Haha.. fizzing, A Mangina is one of the funniest things i've ever heard of.. You've gotta be a guy first though.. i guess i jsut made an assumption there.. anyways, Yah... I completely agree that there are a thousand different opinions to everything, and we come here to talk them out.. argue about them, and make syndicated yambaggish remarks about them... Cheers ya'll.. on to a new thread..
__________________

Lemonite is offline  
Old 01-07-2002, 04:48 AM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Popmartijn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 32,815
Local Time: 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonite:

Originally posted by Anthony:
From a foreign policy standpoint, President Clinton was a whole lot better then Mr.Bush, who I still despise - the man is a selfish fool who is only interested in one thing; money. Atleast Clinton never abandoned the Kyoto Protocol.
___________________
LEMONITE: The Kyoto protocol is a piece of sh#t.. It called for everyone but CHINA???? HELLO.. yes i did just write hello.. China is one of the biggest threats to our nation.. If they're not going to be held to the same standards in emissions as we are, that just gives them an opportunity to industrialize up the #$$ and then create nukes and have us bend over as they fire them one after another...
??? Huh ???

What does care for the environment have to do with nuclear missiles? And is it THAT important to have the same standards as everybody? If so, why do the US have more than one party which isn't even the Communist Party? Or why is there freedom of religion in the US?

As said, confused...

Marty



------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle
__________________

Popmartijn is offline  
Old 01-07-2002, 09:01 AM   #23
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun
 
Lemonite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Notre Dame, IN, 46556
Posts: 1,072
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Popmartijn:
??? Huh ???

What does care for the environment have to do with nuclear missiles? And is it THAT important to have the same standards as everybody? If so, why do the US have more than one party which isn't even the Communist Party? Or why is there freedom of religion in the US?

As said, confused...

Marty

It's not as much 'care for teh environment matching with nuclear missiles.... It's because China is the number one threat to us... well before terrorism.. and they still are.. And giving them a sort of advantage over us in regards to some worthless 'emissions' treaty doesn't makesense... I've got to go to a dental appointment, so I don't hav etime to elaborate.. but check up the cons against the kyoto treaty and why bush waved the middle finger to it.. You'll see what i mean.. check it out...

Enjoy your day...
Lemonite is offline  
Old 01-07-2002, 09:54 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Matthew_Page2000:
Moreover, why is it Ronald Reagans spirituality and religious principles are forever being referenced by the Christian right but Jimmy Carter's deeply felt spiritual beliefs are a source of contempt?
MAP
Actually, Matthew Page, I have always admired Jimmy Carter's religious beliefes, and have always said "good man, but bad president" about him. All my Christian friends have thought the same thing.
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 01-07-2002, 09:59 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonite:

as opposed to having say. Jimmy carter, who would invite all to gather around a bible study group in which he would be immediatly radiated by a nuke...
I appreciate all the time you've backed me, and almost always agree with you, but I've gotta say something here. Jimmy Carter, while he may have been a bad president, was a good man with a real heart for God. That was a plus on his side, and that's not what made him an ineffectual president.

80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 01-07-2002, 10:39 AM   #26
Refugee
 
Klodomir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,198
Local Time: 10:47 PM
Nice teeth, too.
Klodomir is offline  
Old 01-07-2002, 12:27 PM   #27
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun
 
Lemonite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Notre Dame, IN, 46556
Posts: 1,072
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonite:

as opposed to having say. Jimmy carter, who would invite all to gather around a bible study group in which he would be immediatly radiated by a nuke...
I appreciate all the time you've backed me, and almost always agree with you, but I've gotta say something here. Jimmy Carter, while he may have been a bad president, was a good man with a real heart for God. That was a plus on his side, and that's not what made him an ineffectual president.

Oh. I wholeheartedly agree that he was a good man, I never was ripping on him as a person of character, I was taking out his ability to be president.. But for the sake of humor I just used his upstanding character and morality as a device to begin a joke.. I apologize if I gave that stigma out over my thoughts on Jimmy carter..

And yes.. Bless that SMile! Cheers...

Lemonite is offline  
Old 01-07-2002, 01:20 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
sulawesigirl4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,416
Local Time: 04:47 PM
On the Clinton issue...I have no problem if the man wants to screw young women while in the Oval Office and claim it's his personal life, although doing so definitely washes out any shred of dignity or respect he may have once held. What I DO have a serious problem with is the President of the United States lying under oath to the highest court in the nation. The U.S. government is formed on a system of checks and balances between three areas: legislative, judicial, and executive. When one branch suddenly believes itself to be above the law and above the proper use of the law, then that to me becomes tyranny. Tyranny being one of the defining reasons that this country decided to break from England 200+ years ago.

Oh and if you want mock-worthy quotes, Clinton has his own share. That depends on what the meaning of the word IS is comes to mind.

Finally, as to the original post...if you make your decisions on politics based on what you see on SNL, that is truly sad.

-sula
sulawesigirl4 is offline  
Old 01-07-2002, 01:28 PM   #29
you are what you is
 
Salome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 22,044
Local Time: 10:47 PM
even though Clinton has made more mistakes than I probably will in my entire life at least (for some reason) he enjoyed some respect in the rest of the world

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it
Salome is offline  
Old 01-07-2002, 02:09 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
WildHoneyAlways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In a glass case of emotion
Posts: 8,158
Local Time: 04:47 PM
Hm, I'll take the guy who cheated on his wife over a coke head any day. Anyway, I didn't vote for Bush but I think he is doing a comendable job in office. However, I think he needs to hire better writers. A quote from last week:
"We know that if Osama bin Ladin is not in Afganistan he is in some other country."

Thanks for clearing up the misconception that he is on Mars or the Moon George.
WildHoneyAlways is offline  
Old 01-07-2002, 02:24 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Salome:
even though Clinton has made more mistakes than I probably will in my entire life at least (for some reason) he enjoyed some respect in the rest of the world
To be honest, I don't care who respected him in the rest of the world. The man was the President of The United States. his job was to look out for his people, not win some popularity contest.
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 01-07-2002, 02:28 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways:
Hm, I'll take the guy who cheated on his wife over a coke head any day
There is a BIG difference between GW's Coke usage and Clinton's wife-cheating.
1)There has never been proof that Dubya did Cocaine. I don't even know where that idea came from. Certainly not fact based, whatsoever.
2)Also, even if he HAD used Cocaine, that was a very long time ago, and he no longer does, nor does he drink alcohol. You can't say the same for Clinton. Clinton has a long term history of womanizing, and he doesn't learn from it. he just keeps doing it and doing it. It has become who is, really.
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 01-07-2002, 02:34 PM   #33
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun
 
Lemonite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Notre Dame, IN, 46556
Posts: 1,072
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Quote:
Originally posted by Salome:
even though Clinton has made more mistakes than I probably will in my entire life at least (for some reason) he enjoyed some respect in the rest of the world
To be honest, I don't care who respected him in the rest of the world. The man was the President of The United States. his job was to look out for his people, not win some popularity contest.

Clinton?.. Respect?.. Arafat Played him for a complete idiot.. but that's another issue for another thread...

In regards to Bush..


I also think there is a Huuuuuuge difference when you are talking about 'respect' and 'likeability' (spelling?).. I highly doubt that deep down the leaders of other nations disrespect bush.. more as they may just not like him.. And if anything, just look at this terrorism war.. I'm sure Bin Laden had noo idea what was coming after him when he targeted those planes into the trade towers... After clinton, I'm sure he just thought a few bombs would be dropped and that'd be it.. He probably never dreamed of the whole large scale of the war, and the perserverence that Bush is showing in Killing him.. If they didnt' resepect him before, NOW.. after Bush is showing just how true he is to his country, after he is showing that he won't take any shiz, the leaders I'm sure respect his devotion, his loyalty to the US, and His (Including he and his advisors/VP/Sec of State/rumsfeld et al..) Competence in dealing with this huge issue..And I'm sure their feelings may be begrudgingly perhaps, and Bush May not have their 'favor'.. but He's gotten the attention and the respect of the world..
Lemonite is offline  
Old 01-07-2002, 04:52 PM   #34
War Child
 
Matthew_Page2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Seattle
Posts: 873
Local Time: 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonite:

Clinton?.. Respect?.. Arafat Played him for a complete idiot.. but that's another issue for another thread...
Yes, which is exactly why there was so much bloodshed and violence between the Israeli's and Palestinians during Clinton's tenure and it's also why things have been so peacefull during the last year since Bush was elected. Oh, wait a minute that's not right...

MAP
Matthew_Page2000 is offline  
Old 01-07-2002, 05:28 PM   #35
The Fly
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: wrapped around Bono's little finger
Posts: 196
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Well thank God for Dr. Condy Rice who is the brains behind the hand puppet known as the bush. He was not "elected" anything, he was given it by that ugly woman in FLA, his brother, and Scalia. He has created a recession as well. Please don't write those 3 pg diatribes, we don't read them.

[This message has been edited by U2live (edited 01-07-2002).]
U2live is offline  
Old 01-07-2002, 05:35 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
sulawesigirl4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,416
Local Time: 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2live:
He has created a recession as well. Please don't write those 3 pg diatribes, we don't read them.


Now that's an intelligent and well-informed response. "Create" a recession in one year? Take economics 101 and then come back when you can talk sense.
sulawesigirl4 is offline  
Old 01-07-2002, 06:06 PM   #37
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun
 
Lemonite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Notre Dame, IN, 46556
Posts: 1,072
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Matthew_Page2000:
Yes, which is exactly why there was so much bloodshed and violence between the Israeli's and Palestinians during Clinton's tenure and it's also why things have been so peacefull during the last year since Bush was elected. Oh, wait a minute that's not right...

MAP
Don't you look deeper into anything... There Are CaUses to everything... This current violence is not as much Bush's doing as yo uwould like to believe..It all starts with Clinton.. hence the root of the curent violence Read on.. rEad on.. Clinton tried.. in his vain and selfish attempt at a Nobel peace prize .. to get peace in Israel and palestine, where Israel was practically ready to give everything up to arafat ... This is Where things started going downhill.. I'm surey ou'll quote all the terrorist war as why there's so much violence, but It had started (the current fierce war anyways) way before the attacks on 911, and it was cuz of clinton's inept and incompetent meddling in those affiars that got it stirred up.. Your sarcasm is duly noted with a nice big shit eating grin smiley face as he begs you to try and educate yourself a bit more.. And Matt.. thanks for not putting Hee Hee into one ofyour posts...
Lemonite is offline  
Old 01-07-2002, 06:11 PM   #38
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun
 
Lemonite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Notre Dame, IN, 46556
Posts: 1,072
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2live:
Well thank God for Dr. Condy Rice who is the brains behind the hand puppet known as the bush. He was not "elected" anything, he was given it by that ugly woman in FLA, his brother, and Scalia. He has created a recession as well. Please don't write those 3 pg diatribes, we don't read them.

[This message has been edited by U2live (edited 01-07-2002).]
GIVE IT Up... Why is this still an issue.. Bush is president.. Check the Liberal media's independent vote count.. Unless you're a foreigner, in which case we'll forgive you, but not before laughing at you.

When there is "non-sensical" drivel such as this coming from your apparently withered fingers typing on your screen, I'd be exxxtatic to read a diatribe, at least they're entertaining, and have some sort of educated opinion that can add to the thread.. Go talk to Melon.. He and I rarely agree, but he's got Opinions that we can discuss, and maybe shove your head up Klodomir's @$$, He'll give you somehints as well...


Kudos for at least giving credence to the intelligence of Ms. Rice.. Props to you.. Yes i did just write props..

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 01-07-2002).]
Lemonite is offline  
Old 01-07-2002, 06:17 PM   #39
ONE
love, blood, life
 
FizzingWhizzbees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: the choirgirl hotel
Posts: 12,614
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonite:
Clinton tried.. in his vain and selfish attempt at a Nobel peace prize .. to get peace in Israel and palestine, where Israel was practically ready to give everything up to arafat ... This is Where things started going downhill..
You don't think Ariel Sharon becoming Prime Minister had anything to do with the escalating violence?
FizzingWhizzbees is offline  
Old 01-07-2002, 06:36 PM   #40
War Child
 
Matthew_Page2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Seattle
Posts: 873
Local Time: 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonite:
Don't you look deeper into anything... There Are CaUses to everything... This current violence is not as much Bush's doing as yo uwould like to believe..It all starts with Clinton.. hence the root of the curent violence Read on.. rEad on.. Clinton tried.. in his vain and selfish attempt at a Nobel peace prize .. to get peace in Israel and palestine, where Israel was practically ready to give everything up to arafat ... This is Where things started going downhill.. I'm surey ou'll quote all the terrorist war as why there's so much violence, but It had started (the current fierce war anyways) way before the attacks on 911, and it was cuz of clinton's inept and incompetent meddling in those affiars that got it stirred up.. Your sarcasm is duly noted with a nice big shit eating grin smiley face as he begs you to try and educate yourself a bit more.. And Matt.. thanks for not putting Hee Hee into one ofyour posts...
Wow. What an incredibly unpleasant person you are. I'm tempted to call you a typical Republican jerk but that wouldn't be fair 'cause I did meet a nice one once in 1989. I don't think I like you that much so I'll try to be succint. Yes, I do try to "look deeper into" things. I think you might be surprised to learn that lots of people do--even people who disagree with you. You haven't given any evidence that the violence in the mideast is Clinton's fault. Things are not "so" just because you believe them to be. You're going to have to do a lot better than, "I don't like Clinton, he appeased Arafat and all hell broke out."
The fact is that prior to Clinton being a lame duck president violence between Israel and the Palestinians was at an all time low. Bush made a point out of being the first U.S. president in years to not send a full envoy to region. Whoops.

Hee, hee.
MAP
__________________

Matthew_Page2000 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×