FYM losing steam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
can I ask exactly what you mean? :)

I feel the same way if you are saying what I'm thinking..I think maybe people just get tired of the same old topics. But I like it being friendly civil, etc.

Maybe it's just people are busy, it's nice outside, they're getting a whole lotta lovin :wink:

I'm saying what you're thinking.

Hate the vitriol, but I used to love the bite. Not that I'm contributing anything to help it along.:)

I think we're all a bit worn out from the US and UK and Canadian elections. There's nothing to debate anymore! :)

MY life is quite different right now, and I have VERY little time to apply to any serious debates.

What can I say, my wife wants it all the time. Sex or post in here....hmm....gotta go with it....I ain't getting any younger.

I've probably said everything I've ever wanted to say about abortion/gays/religion/war/bush/death penalty at least three of four times. I'm pretty tired of participating in the same discussion and running into a brick wall over and over again. I sometimes feel that my IQ has dropped a few points after I've visited fym. :der:

Last edited:
Personally, I've been spending most of my Interference time in the Tour fourms. Also, lately it seems like we just keep rehashing old topics, or new threads turn back to old topics (like gay rights an abortion). There's been so many religious themed threads, which is fine, but I already know there's exactly 2 people here that will agree with what I have to say and when it comes to religion, I don't want to be the one forcing shit on everyone else so what's the point?

Well the tour forums freak me out. I guess I'm not nearly as "obsessive" as some people there seem to be. It seems to be quite negative and nasty too.

I usually just check in here when I'm checking my e-mail and such, spend more time during the week. On Saturdays if I have to do work on my computer or it's lousy outside I see what's going on here.

I really am curious, not trying to be negative or whatever -Dr Teeth's comment made me wonder, do most people see this place as a place to "prove your intellect" or just a place to exchange ideas and read/think about what other people say? I think of it as the latter. I don't think IQ has anything to do w/ it :shrug:

I have no idea what my IQ is, but believe it or not I graduated summa cum laude from college, so maybe I'm smart enough to post here :wink:

nbcrusader said:
Perhaps we have become comfortable with the current course of human events....

No, I certainly don't think that's the case. I think opinions are still the same, the fight has just been drained. I'm actually talking about outside these forums, you can sense it in the media etc and I think that's reflected here.

I'm back from a trip to New York City, where my sister had her wedding over the weekend. I hate to sound egotistical but maybe I can help put some punch in this forum!

"all the threads end up the same way with the same guys telling the same things over and over again."

There are only a few stories in this universe.

They keep be retelled....

*dance*

I don't think anyone can accuse me of being a lightweight on here, but there's only so far you can go short of getting banned. :huh:

I'm also on here less these days, because I'm trying to develop other hobbies. :sexywink:

Melon

the iron horse said:

There are only a few stories in this universe.

They keep be retelled....

retold..u meant...

I think that the few FYMers who tells the same stuff again and again knows only a few stories..they are not aware of anything except their own country...they dont know anything except that their own religion is the best and try to force down the throat of others...narrow vision..narrow mind and a shallow heart

This place has lost its excitement. It's become predictable. That being said, I still come in here because I have hope.

I think the arguments have become mundane. You can't have a thread about atheism without a someone trying to come in and preach, you can't have threads without someone spewing generalizations about liberals or conservatives, there's a lot of baiting and personal attacks, etc.

personally I stopped posting here because I got tired of all the bashing going on. Civil debate flew out the window during the US election and I went with it.

The whole campaign and election thing *was* intense. I don't remember an election that was that emotionally charged and tense. There were some strong feelings. Alot of people, myself included, were disappointed with the outcome. I think at that point alot of people tuned out of politics. I was tired as well, I wanted to think about something besides presidential politics. I didn't watch another installation of TV news until the pope died last month. I might add that I'm used to getting most of my news from the Internet anyway, not TV. People are tired. They want to do something besides politics.

Back
Top Bottom