Fundamentalist Swimwear!!! HOT HOT HOT!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whatever do you mean?

The Christian one is the inferior model, it does not protect the men against the insanity inducing hair radiation that makes men go wild forcing them to fornicate with uncovered women, if they go out without headgear it's their own fault!

Fuck them all, or more specifically they should all go out and get fucked ~ no doubt end this dangerous repression in urges.

Looking at the muslim one again looks ok, but the christian one looks something a puritan would have worn.

:lmao:

That "slimming" line is hilarious. Looks like a spandex muumuu!

Last edited:
How do you swim with those sacks on you!?!?!

Not to mention, the Muslim one is expensive!!!

I'll stick to my $4.99 tops and bottoms, thanks.

...If style & type of clothing is something you're wrestling over in your mind, or if you're feeling convicted about dress, and what in this world should a Christian woman be wearing, then pray, discuss these things with your husband

If left to Mr. Blu, I'd be attired in an outfit that wouldn't even be decent for answering my own front door, much less moving around in society. :ohmy: :censored: :lmao:

A_Wanderer said:
Fuck them all, or more specifically they should all go out and get fucked ~ no doubt end this dangerous repression in urges.
Careful with the provocations there mate, wouldn't want to see you get your teeth punched out or something.

These aren't really all that much more covering than what most American women wore at the turn of the last century. In Chennai, India, a big city on the coast where I spent a year in grad school, women who swam in the ocean would generally just wade right in in their saris.

nbcrusader said:

I take it these are not bookmarked on you internet browser.

nah, i had to google them.

i need *something* to mess with the minds of the FBI agents who might go through my googling records.

(from one of the links Irvine posted)

This is crucial for a Christian woman; first and foremost because we're representatives of the LORD Jesus Christ and secondly, if we're married, we're a reflection of our husband's... If style & type of clothing is something you're wrestling over in your mind, or if you're feeling convicted about dress, and what in this world should a Christian woman be wearing, then pray, discuss these things with your husband.

:lol: Feeling convicted about dress--now there's a good Freudian slip!

On a more serious note...I wonder how common this "if we're married, we're a reflection of our husbands" idea is. I don't generally have any problems with free choice to follow traditional morality codes in dress, but I wonder how "traditional" this notion really is. Seems like it's locating the right and capacity to make religiously informed lifestyle choices with the husband. My mother wore a headscarf and dressed very modestly, but that was an expression of her own beliefs, not my father's; he really didn't care, especially about the head covering.

I realize this can in practice be a gray area, but still the idea that the woman is inherently less capable of recognizing and applying the relevant religious precepts, and needs her husband's help to figure it all out, kind of rankles with me. I don't know that this is really a traditional Christian view.

yolland said:

:lol: Feeling convicted about dress--now there's a good Freudian slip!

On a more serious note...I wonder how common this "if we're married, we're a reflection of our husbands" idea is. I don't generally have any problems with free choice to follow traditional morality codes in dress, but I wonder how "traditional" this notion really is. Seems like it's locating the right and capacity to make religiously informed lifestyle choices with the husband. My mother wore a headscarf and dressed very modestly, but that was an expression of her own beliefs, not my father's; he really didn't care, especially about the head covering.

I realize this can in practice be a gray area, but still the idea that the woman is inherently less capable of recognizing and applying the relevant religious precepts, and needs her husband's help to figure it all out, kind of rankles with me. I don't know that this is really a traditional Christian view.

I'll get my wife's response to the quote. The statements highlighted from the web site all stem from Biblical passages. I'm not sure the reference to "discuss these things with your husband" was necessarily an inference that women could not evaluate the issues without help from their husbands. I think promoting discussion between husband and wife would generally be a good thing.

OK, I'll be interested to hear what she says. And you're right about my inference--I admit I was going somewhat on previously noted expressions of an "ask your husband for guidance; HE knows the score" message that I've seen in some fundamentalist literature. It's that idea specifically that I find questionable--both in terms of its "traditional" authenticity, and its implications for women's moral autonomy.

On the other hand, Jews are not known for the subservient docility of our womenfolk :wink: so this might, to some extent, be a sociocultural thing too. But I agree with you totally about the importance of discussion on these matters. Too many Jewish marriages flounder and break over issues of just how observant the household is going to be, and due to the mutuality inherent in some of the laws, this problem is actually often worse the more Orthodox-leaning the household is. Fights over how the woman will dress are not common though.

Hot! Hot! Hot! is right. Can't imagine wearing something that stiffling in the summer sun. :yikes:

I was thinking...how do you have sex in the ocean in the middle of the day with a suit like that on?

By prayerfully seeking your husband's guidance in tearing it all off, I'd imagine! Once he's shed his five layers of fundie-correct aqua-skivvies, of course.

Back
Top Bottom