fun post -- who's really gonna win

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharky

New Yorker
who cares about polls! So based on the trivial stuff, who is going to win?

Weekly Reader -- as someone mentioned in an earlier thread, Weekly Readers have been right since 1950something. The kids there, who are too young to legally vote, voted for Bush.

Family Circle -- cookie contest. The winner here has never lost an election. Laura Bush's cookie recipe beat Theresa Heinz Kerry.

Height -- tall candidates beat the short ones usually [although Bush beat a taller Gore in 2000]

Halloween masks -- since 1980, better selling mask wins the election. Bush is outselling Kerry 55% to 45% [although that's probably because Bush is scary]

So the Family Circle cookie contest has never been wrong huh?
So that means Hillary Clinton's recipe beat Barbara Bush's and Elizabeth Dole's cookie recipes. I just find that humorous. Trying to picture Hillary in the kitchen baking.:huh:

Delaware has picked the winner of at least the popular vote in every presidential election since 1948. They are going for Kerry.

i really kinda think kerry may still win.:hmm:

kerry was the only candidate from the left who i think was formidable-sp against bush.

i told many of my liberal friends here (during the primaries) that i was always concerned about kerry.:)
i wanted dean to win it.:sexywink: but he imploded.

kerry is also known to be a strong closer.

so let's wait and see...

db9

Last edited:
My boss told me about a month ago that last spring he predicted the Red Sox winning the World Series - and Kerry winning the Presidency. Two weeks ago, after the 3rd Yankee win - I thought his predictions were going to prove wrong.

Right now, I'd say Bush has the upper hand. The key right now seems to be Ohio and Florida--Bush taking both would probably give him the election and he's ahead in those states right now. Also, traditional democratic strongholds like Minnesota(my home state), Iowa and Wisconsin are up in the air and could go either way. Also, I just saw today that the traditionally democratic states of Hawaii, New Jersey and Michigan have begun to shift to be totally up for grabs by either candidate. So right now I'd say Bush looks like he'll win. But, as we all know, there could always be an october suprise that could shift the election either way.

there's also that british thing that predicts kerry will win because he has more royal heritage or something.

and the redskins game: when they play green bay if green bay wins the challenger wins, if the redskins win the incumbant wins. this will be the 1 time i pull against washington.

right. if the Redskins win the last home game before the election, the incumbent wins. ESPN puts the odds for the game at even. so it's close -- just like the election!

oh, and the Conference Board's consumer confidence fell to 92 today. No incumbent has won when the index is below 99 in October.

U.S. consumer confidence fell for a third straight month in October, a private survey showed, suggesting rising voter discontent with the economy a week before President George W. Bush seeks re-election.

The Conference Board's consumer confidence index dropped to 92.8 from a revised 96.7 in September, lower than previously estimated. Americans' assessment of the current economy and their outlook for the next six months fell.

The survey is the Conference Board's last before the U.S. presidential election. Since the index began in 1967, every incumbent president facing re-election with consumer confidence below 99 on Election Day has lost.

sharky said:
right. if the Redskins win the last home game before the election, the incumbent wins. ESPN puts the odds for the game at even. so it's close -- just like the election!

Man, I've never actually rooted for the Skins to lose before.

They seem to do that fine without me. :wink:

SD

9-11 actuallly DID happen, it turns out.

So Bush wins because people have more confidence in him in regards to terrorists.

End game.

iota said:

So Bush wins because people have more confidence in him in regards to terrorists.

End game.

More confidence. Wow. And where is Osama?

Could be that he just reappaers Oct 1st? The majority of American voters would believe that he was found just that day, if someone can catch him.

Get your ass in gear, G.W. I am longing for manipluation entertainment.

Just a suggestion on the sideline: Let the English find him! So you don´t have to explain anything. Blair will be happy to serve you. With unified efforts etc. etc. our coalition is strong blah blah.

Maybe you can even find Osama hiding in Iraq?

Last edited:
iota said:

End game.

which makes no sense really yet seems to be true

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

Could be that he just reappaers Oct 1st? The majority of American voters would believe that he was found just that day, if someone can catch him.

Just a suggestion on the sideline: Let the English find him! So you don´t have to explain anything. Blair will be happy to serve you. With unified efforts etc. etc. our coalition is strong blah blah.

They will not kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

He would rather lock up Laura than Osama.

and all this talk about "no exit stradegy for Iraq" really

they are never leaving.

If you believe that Osama bin Laden is the key figure in this War on Islamofascism then you have bought the government BS. In any case OBL is probably a stain on the bottom of 1000 tonnes of rock at Tora Bora.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

Good question. Clinton had 2 chances to either capture or kill Osama during his 2 terms. Bill Clinton did nothing both times. Bush only has Clinton to thank for having to worry about bin Laden in the first place.

So democrats have absolutely NO advantage bringing Osama up right now.

Thank you for your thoughts and feelings though :)

iota said:

Good question. Clinton had 2 chances to either capture or kill Osama during his 2 terms. Bill Clinton did nothing both times. Bush only has Clinton to thank for having to worry about bin Laden in the first place.

So democrats have absolutely NO advantage bringing Osama up right now.

Thank you for your thoughts and feelings though :)

You will love to hear I´m not a democrat. I´m not bringing Osama up either, I´m just speculating on logical questions.

Besides, why should Clinton have gone hunting for Osama? I know, we all like to hunt down terrorists from time to time, but the real big thing was 9/11, that´s when the U.S. had a really, really definite reason to go looking for him, no? From what I´ve heard, Clinton was also busy dealing with the Israel, like all U.S. Presidents before and after him.

Nah, say what you want, it was Bush´s fucking duty to get rid of this bastard. And he didn´t.

Back
Top Bottom