Freedom Fries or Chips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The whole "freedom fries" thing just strikes me as encredibly ignorant and childish. Also, boycotting certain products often harms innocent people. We're boycotting people's products, not a product the government made. You know, what if your products were boycotted because your government did something that didn't represent you? What if the trend follows that the French starts boycotting american goods? And Joe farmer, who wanted no part of this to begin with, is suddenly hurt financially. It's just negativity feeding off of negativity, and we need as much love, light, and understanding as possible in these dark times.

Hey, lame or not, I would still SUPERSIZE them with extra salt....

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This really makes me mad. It's childish and totally inappropriate for my Congress to act like this. I'm going to buy some French cheese, French vanilla ice cream and stop at the local patisserie for some French pastries.
What with Congress acting like this, my government is really starting to look like a bad joke. :madspit: :mad: :censored: :censored:

Dreadsox said:
Hey, lame or not, I would still SUPERSIZE them with extra salt....

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sure, you can afford to. After all you live in a secure, SUPERSIZED country. Which is fine by me, no offense there.

I agree with anitram there... this is where your tax dollars go...

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

Sure, you can afford to. After all you live in a secure, SUPERSIZED country. Which is fine by me, no offense there.

I agree with anitram there... this is where your tax dollars go...

Yes, we do. Know what, I will buy a Supersized Shake too, Get into my SUPERSIZED SUV and drive around.

elfyx said:

starting? :sexywink:

OK, it was already a bad joke, now it's even worse with this stupid :censored: "freedom fries" thing. I'm sorry, I've totally lost my temper over this. Good grief, there's a better way to spit out your guts on Jacques Chirac if that's what you want to do. Write irate e-mails to the French Embassy or whatever. This stuff is so stupid. :madspit: :mad: :censored: :censored:

Yeah, good idea, Dreadsox, enjoy life instead of implying I?m "deflecting responsibility from Saddam and demonizing GW BUSH".

Yeah, good idea, Dreadsox, enjoy life instead of implying I?m "deflecting responsibility from Saddam and demonizing GW BUSH".

Actually, I didn't imply it. I said it. If I implied it, it would have been much more subtle.

But chill out. That was in the other thread. GIve peace a chance and let me eat my fries.

Screaming Flower, whats the point of calling them Freedom Fries instead of French Fries? My point, if you want one, is that this issue is boring shit.

And what do you mean by trolling? If I am offended by a personal statement, I do say so on FYM in whatever thread instead of nerving the mods, preferrably in a joke thread like that one.

what i mean by trolling - why are you following dread around talking about an entirely different thread?

i think freedom fries are dumb too.

i'm not sure how going off on dreadsox makes your point, but whatever.

I like chaos :)

Oh, I meant to say, I like chaos fries. :D

If we could compromise and all agree to call them "chaos fries" I might actually eat the damn things. :laugh: :laugh: JOKE! JOKE! I don't like the things to begin with. I didn't eat them when everyone called them "French fries".

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030311/capt.1047406469.freedom_fries_wx110.jpg
:angry:
capt.1047406469.freedom_fries_wx110.jpg

Last edited:
yeah too bad that french fries aren't a french food at all, they're named for the way that the potato is cut. For now on I think I'll start freedoming my potatos when I cut them up to make french fries. :angry:

:sigh: so is anyone offended with this thread too? Or just some. I cant follow anymore what French jokes are ok and what aren't. Racial slurs, not racism, for those who require clarification.

IluvLarryM you're right, its all in the cut and bigger is better imo. I like em fat and at least 1cm thick dripping with vinegar.
The vinegar helps improve my good mood.
:sexywink:

I think it's not so much offensive as just silly. In which case, let it stagger on.

Back
Top Bottom