For All Those Who Are In Danger Tonight...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I think it's important for all of us to put our differences aside for this one thread, and just think of the people in Iraq who have no one by their sides tonight, think of all the people who may be losing their lives as you read this, and who might lose their lives in the coming days...weeks...and possibly months. It sounds sentimental, but I think this is the one thing we can all agree on: We do not want to see other human beings die. Though they are out of sight, let's keep them in our collective mind; let's not let them be forgotten. Something about the nature of war strikes me very profoundly. Whether this war is right or wrong is for everyone to decide individually, but we can all surely agree that there is such sadness to be addressed within this strike. We must remember that the Iraqi soldiers, along with the American, share one thing in common: they are all human beings. Both sides include individual people, who have loved, hoped, dreamed and fell in life. All want to live. When we are trapped outside of the reality of the experiece, we forget the texture behind the mask of the intellect. Therefore, I don't think the following is as redundent as it sounds, once you really think about it: Civilians are human beings, too. May the civilians, along with the soldiers, be remembered as such.

Last edited:
Very well said.

I honestly can't imagine how scary it must be for them right now-little children hearing the bombs and crying for their mommies and daddies, families not knowing where to go (if they leave Baghdad, will they make it out of Iraq alive? If they do manage to flee Iraq, will they come back? What'll happen to them?).

And like you said, those who have no one by their side...nobody to comfort them, to be there with them.

How awful.

When I wake up tomorrow, I won't have to hear bombs going off.

They will.

That really puts things in perspective.

So, yeah...don't worry, the Iraqi civilians and the soldiers on both sides are gonna be in my thoughts.

:hug:s for all the people over there.

Angela

nice.
I was actually gonna start a similar thread :)

I'm anti-war but that's obviously inevitable.
all we can do now is hope for small loss and quick end.

and for this forum...

I never come here. I love discussing this stuff but in here it's just TOOO much...too messy

anyway, I hope that there is no gloating or "I told you so's" here. This isn't a game...it's lives
If some unexpected disastor happen on the US side nobody should point their finger and start saying I told you so...or they got what they deserved.
And the same for the iraqi side.

Hopefully....the iraqi soldiers will just surrender fast and no big loss will be incurred on either side.

Keep it civil in here. This is not a time for the typical extreme polar FYM bullshit.

Basstrap said:

anyway, I hope that there is no gloating or "I told you so's" here. This isn't a game...it's lives

excellent thread michael, and excellent post basstrap.

this isn't a game. this is indeed very, very real.

my prayers tonight.

my daughter has seen innocent people at bus stops ripped open by sniper fire. she has seen commercial airliners filled with passengers explode into the mighty twin towers. and tonight she saw dawn bring war to the city of baghdad.

still, it is nothing compared to what the children of iraq may see in the coming days...

please, pray for the children.

Wow guys, I haven't been moved like this in a while. Thanks. Sometimes we just all need to take a step back and realize what's really going on. To those innocent people caught in between military and political action my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Back
Top Bottom