Flier Claims Southwest Attendant Played Fashion Police - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-10-2007, 01:57 PM   #141
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,212
Local Time: 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by yolland
Where she works is irrelevant, and it's hard not to get the impression that character aspersions may be compromising judgment when that gets brought up.
I wonder what would happen if a guy who works at Chippendales tried to fly to a Chippendales show in his outfit? Or just wore a skimpy pair of shorts and no shirt. Are men required to wear shirts? If it was then discovered that he worked at Chippendales (if he was just wearing those shorts, or shorts and a lil tank), what would people think?
__________________

MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 01:59 PM   #142
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Actually it goes to character, shaping of attitude and respect of others.

She would probably think it would be ok to wear her work uniform to Mass, and claim discrimination if she were ask to leave and some imbeciles here would attempt to defend her 'right of expression'.

dbs
Again, the judging. You have no idea why she's working there. Don't pretend to. And the whole "she would probably" thing is ridiculous. And calling people here "imbeciles" is childish and rude.
__________________

phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 01:59 PM   #143
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by yolland
Where she works is irrelevant, and it's hard not to get the impression that character aspersions may be compromising judgment when that gets brought up.
No I listened to her interview, no aspersions.

dbs
diamond is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 02:01 PM   #144
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,212
Local Time: 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Actually it goes to character, shaping of attitude and respect of others.

So not even knowing her you think you are qualified to judge her character, attitude, and respect based upon that photo and the situation? Would you enjoy being judged in that way?
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 02:02 PM   #145
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

She would probably think it would be ok to wear her work uniform to Mass
Are you saying God doesn't like Hooters? I'm pretty sure God likes hot wings and doesn't care what you wear...
BVS is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 02:03 PM   #146
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,717
Local Time: 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen


I wonder what would happen if a guy who works at Chippendales tried to fly to a Chippendales show in his outfit? Or just wore a skimpy pair of shorts and no shirt. Are men required to wear shirts? If it was then discovered that he worked at Chippendales (if he was just wearing those shorts, or shorts and a lil tank), what would people think?


i'd try to get his number ...
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 02:03 PM   #147
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,212
Local Time: 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

i'd try to get his number ...
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 02:04 PM   #148
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen


So not even knowing her you think you are qualified to judge her character
Of course, he's diamond, judger of all...
BVS is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 02:13 PM   #149
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen


So not even knowing her you think you are qualified to judge her character, attitude, and respect based upon that photo and the situation? Would you enjoy being judged in that way?
Noooo, I listened to her interview, studied her demeanor, even after all of this, did you?


dbs
diamond is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 02:14 PM   #150
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond


Noooo, I listened to her interview, studied her demeanor, even after all of this, did you?


dbs
What does the interview have to do with her employment, her dress code at church, or really anything you've mentioned?

And why the attacks on users?
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 02:19 PM   #151
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,212
Local Time: 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

Noooo, I listened to her interview, studied her demeanor, even after all of this, did you?
Well your initial post said nothing about the interview (and everything about her "skanky" clothes), but now you are saying that's what you made your judgment on? So which is it really? Yes I saw her Today interview and I couldn't form any judgment about her character, attitude, and respect-other than she seemed like a pleasant person and had a lovely smile. That's about it. I guess you are a qualified expert in media analysis of people or something, just based upon one interview.

And yes, you should refrain from calling people here "imbeciles". I believe that's probably against the rules.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 02:29 PM   #152
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen


Well your initial post said nothing about the interview (and everything about her "skanky" clothes), but now you are saying that's what you made your judgment on? So which is it really? Yes I saw her Today interview and I couldn't form any judgment about her character, attitude, and respect-other than she seemed like a pleasant person and had a lovely smile. That's about it. I guess you are a qualified expert in media analysis of people or something, just based upon one interview.

And yes, you should refrain from calling people here "imbeciles". I believe that's probably against the rules.
Well based more on the facts of the case as they unfolded and her interview I side w the airline.

We view this differently, and I think she had her skirt hiked up made a stink about it and got her just desserts.

Now she's all over the media trying to play the victim and some people like you are gobbling it up.

And if a dinkus male dancer jumped on the plane and his appearance were deemed offensive he should be treated in the same manner.

And to attempt to extrapolate the argument to religions such as Mormonism, somebody wearing a Mormon T Shirt, or a Muslim dressed in Muslim attire to skanky dressers is quite a stretch and only shows a weak minded argument.

dbs
diamond is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 02:35 PM   #153
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

And to attempt to extrapolate the argument to religions such as Mormonism, somebody wearing a Mormon T Shirt, or a Muslim dressed in Muslim attire to skanky dressers is quite a stretch and only shows a weak minded argument.
It still comes down to clothing and one person's interpretation of what's offensive and what's not. It still comes down to a subjective call, not an objective one.

You can't see the correlation or answer the questions, so you resort to name calling like most of your posts and most 4th graders, that's what's weak minded.
BVS is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 02:40 PM   #154
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 03:04 AM

Owning an airline, guess what? You get to make subjective calls, so get over it.

You have other options in this country for mode of travel, and I would encouage you to dress appropiately there too, or you can try wearing a thong and riding your bike down Main Street and see how far you'd make it with your Jonny Cash attitude.

dbs
diamond is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 02:50 PM   #155
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Owning an airline, guess what? You get to make subjective calls, so get over it.
The attendant doesn't own the airline.


Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

and see how far you'd make it with your Jonny Cash attitude.

Wow, that's extremely mature of you...
BVS is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 02:52 PM   #156
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 03:04 AM
actually it's quite accurate.

dbs
diamond is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 02:55 PM   #157
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,212
Local Time: 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

We view this differently, and I think she had her skirt hiked up made a stink about it and got her just desserts.

Now she's all over the media trying to play the victim and some people like you are gobbling it up.
"People like me"? Is that codespeak? How clever.

You think she had her skirt hiked up and made a stink-that is what you think. What are the "more facts" and the facts from the interview that made you side with the airline? So if these facts exist, why resort to calling her dress style "skanky" and making all of your other judgments? If such facts exist, that isn't necessary-right?

If airlines get to make subjective calls then Mitt Romney t-shirt problems could be right around the corner. Personally I'd rather look at a crotch.

Johnny Cash was a pretty incredible human being, he was well aware of his own faults and failings and not judgmental of others. I don't know why you have to resort to bringing him into it at all, it's completely irrelevant.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 02:55 PM   #158
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
actually it's quite accurate.
What's accurate?
BVS is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 03:01 PM   #159
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,601
Local Time: 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

If airlines get to make subjective calls then Mitt Romney t-shirt problems could be right around the corner. Personally I'd rather look at a crotch.
I just did a quick google search

and judging by the number of respective websites -
you are in the over-whelming majority.

(not me - I have net nanny on my comp)

angelaH - stop picking on me.
deep is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 03:09 PM   #160
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond


Well based more on the facts of the case as they unfolded and her interview I side w the airline.

We view this differently, and I think she had her skirt hiked up made a stink about it and got her just desserts.

Now she's all over the media trying to play the victim and some people like you are gobbling it up.

And if a dinkus male dancer jumped on the plane and his appearance were deemed offensive he should be treated in the same manner.

And to attempt to extrapolate the argument to religions such as Mormonism, somebody wearing a Mormon T Shirt, or a Muslim dressed in Muslim attire to skanky dressers is quite a stretch and only shows a weak minded argument.

dbs
I certainly don't think she even thought there was a problem with her attire upon boarding the airline. I don't know where you get the idea that she thought to herself, "I'll dress inappropriately and make a stink if anyone disagrees." Maybe I'm misinterpreting your thoughts, but that's the jist I get with your "hiked up" comment.

And, as BVS said, this person didn't own the airline, so I don't understand what you're saying.
__________________

phillyfan26 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×