Fight Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starsgoblue

Blue Crack Addict
Ok so I'm watching the movie....I want to note I am not a terrorist BUT I'm wondering about the scheme. They're planning to blow up the HQs for credit card companies--ultimatley deystroying all records of debts and they say everyone would have to start out at zero again. Would that be the case if this actually ever happened? :Scratch:

I doubt it, those networks are huge but still the idea of smashing the state and infrastructure is great. Anarchism at its best.

fight club, one of my favourites. don't try to think of the consequences of this movie, just enjoy the mass confusion and the plethora of philosophical possibilities.

:up:

Maxed out the credit card by buying U2 on Ebay?:tsk:

Do you want a real answer? Nope, can't happen, not today. Once upon a time, maybe.

Standard security for that kind of financial information begins with automatic failover to a computer some miles away. So you would first have to determine where the real time backup is. Good Disaster recovery plans call for at least 30 miles distance from each other.
Then if you were able to blow up both buildings, you would then need to obliterate tape backups, which should be kept at a 3rd location. So if you were successful blowing up the backup sites, all you would do would be to wipe out today's transactions.
I have heard reports that at the WTC, Some of the financial information failed over immediately to the backup system, thus there was no real loss of data. Wow! I don't know if everything was saved, or if they lost a little bit of data, but as far as I know there really wasn't much of a hitch when it came to transaction processing. We may have lost a morning's worth... and a whole lot more :sad: , but that's another thread.
My recommendation? Marry Rich, or better yet Marry Adam :wink:

Hey I'm trying to marry Anyone...that's hard enough.

I'm with you on that one sister :hug:

Someone should start a thread about whether anyone's U2 love turned into real love, between 2 U2 fans. I know of 2 U2 fans who are also married, but the U2 love came after the real love. Has anyone met in this online community and have it blossom into something more? Or can only one person be obsessive about U2 in the relationship? :hmm:

isn't it a rule that you're not supposed to talk about Fight Club? so why are we talking about it?

starsforu2 said:

I'm with you on that one sister :hug:

Someone should start a thread about whether anyone's U2 love turned into real love, between 2 U2 fans. I know of 2 U2 fans who are also married, but the U2 love came after the real love. Has anyone met in this online community and have it blossom into something more? Or can only one person be obsessive about U2 in the relationship? :hmm:

I know of Mrs. Edge and cydewaze, there have to be a few more...

Hawk269 and I are engaged -- both huge U2 fans that met at a U2 concert and just happened to both post here.

Back
Top Bottom