FEMA brain drain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I doubt FEMA is equipped with a massive customer call center to respond to all inquiries. I think they use temporary field offices to address individual needs.

nbcrusader said:
I doubt FEMA is equipped with a massive customer call center to respond to all inquiries. I think they use temporary field offices to address individual needs.

At any rate it doesn't surprise me that they were extremely busy, I'd imagine that happens every time there is a hurricane no matter who's in the White House.

Last edited:
the iron horse said:
Why worry about a FEMA brain drain?

Because, whether you like it or not, as it currently stands FEMA has a huge role to play in responding to these events. I guess from some of your other comments (the objection to the government or "big brother" as you describe it being involved in disaster relief) you may think FEMA shouldn't exist but it does and it's in nobody's interests for it to be run by inept or poorly-trained individuals. (Which isn't to imply that every FEMA employee is poorly-trained or inept. :wink: )

I worry about a FEMA brain drain for selfish reasons, admittedly. But I'm not the only resident of Hurricane Alley, either, and none of us like bad leadership at FEMA. If I were an evacuee from New Orleans or Biloxi I'd feel this way even more. We can't have any more bungled reactions to major storms.

Five of eight top Federal Emergency Management Agency officials came to their posts with virtually no experience in handling disasters and now lead an agency whose ranks of seasoned crisis managers have thinned dramatically since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks

:shame: :coocoo: :help: :slant: :down: :sick: :der: :mad:

There was a great quote in yesterdays paper here in capital region, NY. I am sorry I don't have the direct quote, or who said it, but I was glancing at it while waiting in line...

about the head of FEMA

"He's said some real dumb-ass things lately, too"

it totally got my laughing, right in the middle of everything.

:lmao:

"FEMA requires strong leadership and experience because state and local governments rely on them," said Trina Sheets, executive director of the National Emergency Management Association. "When you don't have trained, qualified people in those positions, the program suffers as a whole."

why, doncha think that most really important government positions should by held be really good candidates that are both competent and capable? :der: :eyebrow:

lol

Back
Top Bottom