Feeling cynical

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Klodomir

Refugee
4 hours after the crash, now that the death toll has "finally" risen to above 100, CNN has picked up the story about the plane crash in Linate as "Breaking News". The death toll was at 12 for hours, and nobody cared. So now we know how many dead Italians and Danes it takes to make headlines these days when terrorists aren't involved.

Sorry for the cynicism, but I feel sick and sad about this, and I just needed to vent.

I feel really sad about it too.
frown.gif
So much sadness these days. I never heard anything about it on the radio or anything till my mum was looking at the website of the newspaper from her hometown in Finland (we live in Canada) and they had a big thing about it. I sort of assumed it had just happened or something. That was less than an hour ago. But apparently it was much earlier than that.

Poor people. So many disasters and wars and so much sadness.

------------------
Be a world, child, form a circle
Before we all go under

To be fair, Fox News broke in with "breaking news" right when it happened.

Can things get any worse for the airline industry? Terrorist attacks, plus 2 major un-related airline crashes in 1 week.

My cousin is a 747 Captain for Qantas, does Sydney/LA & Sydney/London flights, he jokes around about how man was "Sooooo not supposed to fly" and that all landings are "Nothing more then a controlled crash."
Thats just fucking great coming from the pilot (*shakes head at family genes yet again*)

It looks like 118 people died. It's as if the world has spun off its axis a bit recently, isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom