Feb 12: Chesapeake/DMV/Beltway Primaries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Tuesday Maryland, DC and Virginia all have our primaries.

I can't speak for MD or DC but in Virginia you don't register with any party, so it's an open primary.

My prediction is that Virginia and DC will go Obama, Maryland seems to be breaking that way as well.

He's speaking today in Alexandria with Moran - I assume tickets are gone. Maybe tomorrow in College Park :hmm:.

U2democrat said:
I tend to agree, though it appears that PA will go strongly for her. But if Obama wins all the contests leading up to that it probably won't be enough.

casablanca-726788.jpg

"We'll always have Florida and Michigan, my dear."

I've been canvassing for Obama and will try to make calls later today and tomorrow and Tuesday. SO excited about how well he's doing.

On a random VA politicians note, guess who was attending my parish this morning with his family? Jim Webb! :ohmy: :up: I'll have to bring my resume next weekend. :wink:

My polling place is at the local fire station and right on my way to work. I'm gonna get up a little early tomorrow morning so I can vote on the way in. I can't see it being too crowded out here but we'll see. This area is generally a Republican stronghold but in our last local election for State Senate, it was almost a tie. Will be interesting to see how things shape up this year.

i know you said Clinton is a friend of Nova...but I honestly haven't seen jack for her. However I've seen Obama signs everywhere, hence me breaking out into some Tribe on various occasions throughout the day.

Well I did my civic duty. There was a smidge of snow last night and more bad weather forecast, so that may affect turnout around here. However, there were a few people at the precinct and more arriving as I left. Can I just say that the weird little electronic voting tablets where you touch the screen kind of freak me out? I like the solidity of paper. :huh:

Let's see what happens in VA today.

potomac primary is well under way. it was a zoo this morning. i saw kucinich on the ballot. after all the hard work i did to get him on the ballot here, i was so tempted to vote for him. but i thought the better of it. it's a damn shame i have an exam tonight, so i'm going to miss the excitement of the results pouring in. i expect text updates!

unico said:
:angry: Mach-Cain called the house TWICE today.

ass.

One more reason I like living in a house where we all have individual cell phones and no landline. lol. No political calls!

I'm loving all this media attention on Virginia politics :drool: To see my favorite MSNBC talking heads going on about how it all hinges on Virginia, it makes me :combust: as a political/media junkie.

U2democrat said:
I'm loving all this media attention on Virginia politics :drool: To see my favorite MSNBC talking heads going on about how it all hinges on Virginia, it makes me :combust: as a political/media junkie.

I know just what you mean. Kind of like when everyone was talking about what was going on in New Mexico. :happy:

:|

:wink:

:(
i don't know if you've heard but beltway is shit right now. pretty much all major highways are closed: 95, 395, 495, 66. My parents have been sitting on 395 for 4 hours now. that's a LOT of voters missing out.

(hopefully they were voting republican) :wink:

wow and i thot our podunk roads were bad. :( Hope your parents are ok out there. The beltway sucks even on a good day, let alone a bad weather day.

CNN just called VA for Obama (with 0% precincts reporting...now how do they do that?)

Back
Top Bottom