Falling in Love for the best time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
When was the best time you fell in love? Real love.

How did it start?
How long did it last?
How old were you both?
Why/how did it end?
Any regrets?

Me, I have wanted to fall in love a few times, twice actually. But I never got the chance to be loved back, I got rejected both times. It was not easy but turned out to be for the best. I later found out many reasons why I should have NOT been with the 2 that I thought I wanted.

So here I sit, 19 years old, bored and lonely. Wanting to hear the great love stories of our time.

Wise men say...only fools rush in...

[This message has been edited by Johnny Swallow (edited 07-22-2001).]

I'm only 19, and I am in love now for the first time.

When I was 15, I started talking to this guy on the Internet in a chat room. When I was 16, we became an "Internet couple", meaning that we were together on the Net, but we had agreed to not let that interfere with trying to find a "real" boyfriend or girlfriend. The more and more we talked though, the more we didn't want anybody else until we could meet for real and find out if we belonged together.

As it would turn out, I didn't even meet anybody I was interested in or have too many people interested in me (surprise, surprise!
wink.gif
). We finally met in June. As soon as he walked off the plane, I knew it was him from just the few pics I had seen of him. Not only was he sexy, but I soon found out he was just as nice and sweet as he was on the Net. He came over and give me the biggest, longest hug ever, and then he kissed me. The 5 days I spent with him were the most wonderful of my life.

drgnwolf1969, I can't wait to come and see you in August. Love ya, sweetie!
smile.gif

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

My husband and I met when we were in the sixth grade. We liked each other even then, but secretly. We had a class together in high school and were friends, but that was it. I had a few other boyfriends come and go, one who was quite serious, at least on my part.

Then one day I saw Steve at the gas station on his motorcycle. We said hi, talked about our trips to Peru. I loaned him some books, he took them. He would come over to my house, we'd flirt and talk. Then we decided that we'd get married if we won the lottery. I figured we should probably go out on a date then, since we were going to get married.

That was pretty much it. A year later we were married. July 9th was our 12th wedding anniversary. We still haven't won the lottery!

So Johnny, I don't know if this answers your question or not, but love comes. My husband is truly my best friend, and my one true love. We were 11 when we met, 27 when we were married.

Mushy, innit?

Can't Help Falling in Love is my favorite Elvis song.

Originally posted by Bonochick:
When I was 15, I started talking to this guy on the Internet in a chat room. When I was 16, we became an "Internet couple

Good grief, Now I feel old! When I was 15 (19 years ago!) there was no such thing as a PC, let alone internet!

Originally posted by Aine:
Don't rush in,Johnny.It will come when you're least expecting it and it won't let you go anyway.Cheer up
smile.gif
!
Oh gee, why do people always say this to single people? Do they want us to be tortured, also?

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:

Wanting to hear the great love stories of our time.

Hmmm,how can I tell you when I don't even know where to begin ???
smile.gif
I'm sure it's one
of the great love stories though,probably like all other great love stories that caused
all the best songs,all the best books and all
the best films in the world
smile.gif
How did it start ? It's too long to tell,but
it was as if we knew each other before we
actually met.
How long did it last ? It's the love of my life.
I was 19.
How long ? Till death will part us,or even longer.
Any regrets ? No.Despite of all the hard times it's one of the best things that ever
happened to me.Thank you
smile.gif

Don't rush in,Johnny.It will come when you're
least expecting it and it won't let you go
anyway.Cheer up
smile.gif
!

------------------
A little boy...Spanish eyes.

I can't live
With or without you.

[This message has been edited by Aine (edited 07-22-2001).]

My story's too personal to tell in full, but I will say that I have experienced unconditional and everlasting love. I find it comforting to know that this is possible even among humans, it seems almost like a supernatural thing, the world being such an ugly place to live in. But there you go.
rose.gif

foray

My second relationship was as close as I've been to real love, but it only lasted about 2 and a half months. It was about 8 months after my first relationship. I was 24 and she was 22. We were both taking Ornithology (birds) at the university, and I kind of got to know her during one of the field trips. She seemed very kind and genuine. I didn't talk to her for a long time (or anybody for that matter), and then a few months later I was eating in McDonald's and she tapped me on the shoulder and asked me if I wanted to go birding with her and her friend. I thought that was the most wonderful thing in the world and I was terrified.
So the day finally came and the three of us went on a road trip to various birding spots in southern Arizona. They both loved music as much as I do, and we listened to mix tapes and albums the whole time, and I really liked almost everything she played: intelligent, compassionate, we had the same major, and we had very similar tastes in music.. I thought I had found the girl of my dreams. We communicated by email every once in a while (just small talk), and then she proposed that the 3 of us go on a 3-day birding trip to some wetlands in New Mexico. I tend to put a lot of people on a pedestal, and during that trip I felt like I was in the presence of an angel.. every laugh, every bright smile, the scent of her hair.. I didn't feel like I was worthy of being there with them. About a week after the trip, I somehow found the courage to ask her (by email
rolleyes.gif
) if she had feelings for me. After an awkward start, we started going out. I was in shock during the whole relationship that she was even going out with me. We did things that I thought I would never do; we went to a place in the mountains where couples go to watch the sunset, and we watched the sunset (she sat behind me and put her arms around me!!); we went hiking together; we went to the zoo; we went to a new year's party that her friend was having (my first real party).. and other things. I can still remember our first uncertain kiss. As the relationship went on, I noticed a few major differences between us, but I chose to overlook them.
One night while she was driving me home, she said something that made me think maybe she wanted to break up. I asked her about it and it turned out that she did. I started crying and couldn't stop for a long time (I felt pretty stupid). She was very understanding and kept on driving passed my house for quite a while out into the desert so that I wouldn't walk into the house crying (I was still living at home at that time). One of the reasons she wanted to break up was because we were going to graduate in a couple of months and she was going to go out of state for a job, but things just weren't working out. She was very outspoken and had a quick temper and I am very quiet and withdrawn and don't like conflict at all, and I know that it really was for the best.

That was the best 2 months of my life, and I came away from it with a lot more confidence in myself. During that relationship, she was literally my only friend. I don't think that's healthy for a relationship. I think I need to form some good strong friendships before I ask another girl out (probably won't happen), but meeting people is not easy, especially since I'm not even trying.
wink.gif

This might seem like a strange regret, but the thing I regret the most is not letting myself be more spontaneous.

Definitely not one of the great love stories of our time, but I felt like I got a glimpse of real love. Johnny, you're one of the funniest people around here, and I can tell from your posts that you have got all kinds of good qualities; it would be a crime if you don't one day find true love.

---------------------
"Love, it's who you know."

well swallow, i feel for ya. its not a fun thing bein lonely is it?

one thing i hate is when people say things will happen when you least expect it. well, for me, that was the case. sure i liked someone immediately out of the blue, and she even liked me, and we even went out, and i (not we) had the greatest time ever, and she dumped me. huzzah, huzzah.

im on a roll
im on a roll

this time

i feel my luck could change

kill me sarah
kill me again

cause love

its gonna be a glorious day

pull me out of the aircrash

pull me out of the way

cause im your garbke

im standing on the edge

know how to say
to comfort me
my name

i dont have time for you

its gonna be a glorious day

i feel my luck could change

pull me out of the aircrash

lucky. yes, i might feel that way if i didnt look like i was dropped repeadedly as a child. swallow ive seen your pics, your not ugly, and youve got a great personality with a good sense of humor. seriously, i mean what i say, that you will find her one day. however long that may be, i do not know. good luck.

p.s. dont even ask why i wrote out that song with the wrong lyrics. i just did, i dunno its a real good song to listen to when your depressed. whatever! blah!!! :p

------------------
-death bear

It seems like most people think that I am kind of sad about being single, I'm not. I just like hearing love stories.

Oh, and thanks for the story travu2. I can relate to it.

mmmm,
perhaps not the greatest love story ever told, but this is my love story

my girlfriend is 5 years and 4 months younger than I am
when we first met I was only 19 years old, needless to say I wasn't interested in her in any romantic way, but we saw each other every monday night (youth choir) and always got along great
this went one for more than 2 years until I found out I wanted her to be more than just a friend
I didn't dare to ask her out though, because of the difference in age and because I couldn't believe such a lovely girl would really be interested in me
than I got a birthday card from her asking me if I would be interested to get together for a few drinks during the holidays
I immediately called her and we've been together for almost 5 years now

(BTW the age difference turned out to be no problem
I'm almost as grown up as she is
tongue.gif
)

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:

Me, I have wanted to fall in love a few times, twice actually. But I never got the chance to be loved back, I got rejected both times. It was not easy but turned out to be for the best. I later found out many reasons why I should have NOT been with the 2 that I thought I wanted.

Ah, this sounds just like me. I'm not sure if I've ever been in love. I've been obsessed three times in my life. I sort of believe that real love is when it's reciprocated, which it never has been for me. I think the first time was the best. I was 15 and it was my first crush, on a guy in my class. He was much shorter than me (I'm six feet tall) which is funny now I think about it. I didn't know him, he was just very cute and flirted with me (and other girls in the class) a little bit. So it was nothing much, just fun for me, besides the usual few moments of agony for various reasons. The reason that was the best experience for me is that the other two turned into absolute torture--in one case because the guy was never remotely interested in me and then got engaged to someone else (younger than me, and I was 18, for pity's sake--and they've been happily married now for three years) and in the other case because I cared about the guy as a friend but we had utterly different outlooks on life, which eventually ended our friendship, over two years ago and I still haven't exactly recovered. I've only gone out with one guy in my life and I wasn't in love with him, though I did like him. He broke up with me after six weeks and I later found out some things about him that made me very glad it had ended.

------------------
A place that has to be believed to be seen...

Our story is basically music, music music
and boys boys boys. We feel blessed.
We have genuinely enjoyed each other's company on a day to day basis for almost 22 years. That part has to come easy I think.I hope we are going to go the distance. He's my best friend. I hope you find yours JS.

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 08-01-2001).]

It is very late and I have to get up early, but I love talking about her:

I'll try and make the story simple and basic, but here goes. About a year ago, a very stupid kid who struggled through the problems of relationships in the first three years of high school, got extremely lucky. I met her through mutual friends. The end of last summer, I wanted to actually stay single because I figured that's how my life would go. Surprisingly, I had more than one posibility of girls to date early in the year. Those chances fell through fast, and well, calling her was almost a "last case/just-a-friendly-"hi"" scenario. I'll never forget the day I first called her. When we began talking it was bright afternoon; ending it was pitch black evening (almost). A month after that call, we started dating. We have been ever since. Everything I would normally do in life is enhanced; like taking trips/making errands. I think something U2 related (and cool!), is that we started dating around ATYCLB's release, so all those songs have extra meaning. Thanks for asking!
smile.gif
- matt

Back
Top Bottom