Eye-opening web-site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whiteflag

The Fly
Hello all,

I have long refrained from calling your attention to www.fair.org because the introduction of anything even remotely opinionated tends only to add to the general ugliness, nastiness and personal attacks around here. (i don't know who is worse the nastiness of a political opposite or that of someone who just doesn't care) But I honestly feel that we have reached a point in our country's history where it has become an imperitive to be well informed and that means balancing the mainstream news with reputable media watchdog groups like FAIR. They were recommended to me long ago by my journalism professor and i think they do a good job of asking hard questions and pointing out things that have been omitted by others. To those of you who care, it can quite enlightening and therefore if one of you is impressed and better informed because of it then the inevitable abuse will be worth it. To those of you who don't, I don't care to hear about it. I won't be checking this thread so calling me names and directing streams of the foulest language ayone can possibly think of in my direction will do you no good.

Thank You

------------------
I float down the Liffey...

[This message has been edited by whiteflag (edited 10-15-2001).]

Originally posted by whiteflag:
Hello all,

I have long refrained from calling your attention to www.fair.org because the introduction of anything even remotely opinionated tends only to add to the general ugliness, nastiness and personal attacks around here. (i don't know who is worse the nastiness of a political opposite or that of someone who just doesn't care) But I honestly feel that we have reached a point in our country's history where it has become an imperitive to be well informed and that means balancing the mainstream news with reputable media watchdog groups like FAIR. They were recommended to me long ago by my journalism professor and i think they do a good job of asking hard questions and pointing out things that have been omitted by others. To those of you who care, it can quite enlightening and therefore if one of you is impressed and better informed because of it then the inevitable abuse will be worth it. To those of you who don't, I don't care to hear about it. I won't be checking this thread so calling me names and directing streams of the foulest language ayone can possibly think of in my direction will do you no good.

Thank You

hey whiteflag,
i came across fair.org during research for a second year communications paper. i now check it regularly for updates. their peice on the right wing agenda on Fox News was great. also some very good coverage of issues such as ownership and censorship.
also good is mediachannel.org.

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

That's funny. FAIR is an obvious left-wing organisation claiming to present the unbiased truth. What a crock of crap. How are we really to take seriously their claim of "fairness" when all their articles gripe and moan about conservatism?

It's funny. I think FAIR and Fox News balance each other out rather well. They're both biased to an extreme- one liberal- one conservative. Both claim to be fair, balanced and the best source for the unvarnished truth. Both claim that the mainstream media is biased but FAIR thinks that the media is too conservative and Fox News thinks it is too liberal.

Both sources are rather full of shit at times but I check on both at times.

MAP

Back
Top Bottom