Executives Will Need Rehab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
If they take away our crackberries.....

Life without a Blackberry? Users shudder to think

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Life without a "Blackberry?" Hard-core users of the wireless portable e-mail devices are shuddering to think about a possible future without the gadgets they love, hate and aren't sure they can live without.

The chance of a Blackberry-less future loomed more vividly this week when the U.S. Supreme Court refused to review a major patent infringement ruling against maker Research In Motion Ltd.

Now, a federal judge could issue an injunction to block RIM's U.S. business. Many observers, however, suspect RIM may develop alternative technology or perhaps pay what some say could be as much as a billion dollars to settle with patent-holding company NTP Inc.

"I'm addicted. They should pay the billion dollars and get it over with," Blackberry user and insurance company executive Jim Long said outside his Manhattan office on Monday.

An amazingly addictive device - even more amazing how people can't remember life before the Blackberry (just a few short years ago).

I don't think I've ever even seen one.... :shifty:

Irvine511 said:
can anyone remember life before FYM?
:hmm: I do kinda feel like I've known some personages around here forever, maybe because they remind me so much of people I've known before. Funny how the cyberspace environment enables those sort of connections. Some posters seem shadowy and hard to figure out, other personas are just so palpably real and seem to jump right off the (web)page.

And I don't know that I've ever seen a Blackberry before either. That's about the last thing I need, the temptation of distraction available to me 24 hours a day!

It's been on my list of things to buy after my car's paid off (T O D A Y), somewhere after the iPod (last music fan on the planet to get one?) and before the dining room table. :reject:

joyfulgirl said:
It's been on my list of things to buy after my car's paid off (T O D A Y), somewhere after the iPod (last music fan on the planet to get one?) and before the dining room table. :reject:

I don't have an iPod either :reject: It's too damn expensive! :mad:

joyfulgirl said:

:up: I'd eat standing up to get an iPod too!!

nbcrusader said:

:up: I'd eat standing up to get an iPod too!!

'tis a no-brainer for a recovering New Yorker who always lived in tiny studios and ate sitting on her futon holding the plate but who did not leave her apartment under any circumstances without her walkman. :wink:

indra said:
I don't think I've ever even seen one.... :shifty:

Neither. I don't think I'd even heard of them until a few months ago.

As far as I'm concerned, blackberries are for making jam. I'll need rehab if someone stops my grandmother from making her excellent blackberry jam! :mad:

BlackBerry6510sm.jpg

The current models have color screens (and are nicknamed "Blueberries")

I'm salivating at the sight of it. I love toys. :hyper:

How much will that set me back? After they've worked out this nonsense of course.

I don't have an ipod (or any similar such thingie) either. Not dying to get one. Guess I'm just a bit of a luddite. :shrug:

joyfulgirl said:

'tis a no-brainer for a recovering New Yorker who always lived in tiny studios and ate sitting on her futon holding the plate but who did not leave her apartment under any circumstances without her walkman. :wink:

i can totally relate -- i don't (yet) have an iPod (keep waiting for them to be cheaper). i keep living in group housing due to insane rent prices, so i don't own "normal" things like tables and chairs and couches because my room is usually more than enough for me (got the futon, and shelves) and whenever i need things like tables or whatever, other people tend to have them (it's what i pay rent for ... or date people for ;)).

i'd rather spend my money on shoes and sushi and snooty beer.

i suppose one day i'll have to grow up, but i hope not too soon.

Edge has a Blackberry, I even saw him using it on a public street :wink:

What is he going to do now? :(

I have an old Nokia cell phone, I would have no idea how to use a Blackberry

Back
Top Bottom