Exciting New Group For The Clarence - Apathy International

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
"The worldwide apathy movement has gained momentum with a launch of a local Clarence branch of Apathy International. A spokesperson for the group didn't bother to comment, but it has been confirmed that the new branch has as many as 30 000 members from Glenreagh to Yamba.

According to apathetic sources, the membership application process is simple, only requiring a demonstrated lack of interest about society and the environment. Proof of indifference is required for office-bearers, who are expected to carry out their duties with a high level of unconcern. Rank and file members only need to not do anything. Latest reports suggest community groups including the Clarence Environment Centre have been black-banned by Apathy International. This has been due to their unhealthy levels of concern about local and global social justice and ecological issues. "Some of these characters have even been known to do things like write letters, organise meetings, write press releases and submissions" said a local member of Apathy International. "Certainly not the type of people who should belong to our group. Still, it doesn't matter really, why should I care?"

The Environment Centre has been fighting the ban, but to date has been unable to muster the level of indifference required to join Apathy International. This newsletter is a last dtich attempt arouse member's apathy so we can join the majority.
So remember, don't bother reading any more of the articles, and DON'T GO TO ANY OF THE EVENTS LITED ON THE BACK PAGE. Don't do your bit and help us be part of Apathy International."

This an an extract from my local Environment Centre's "Autumn Apathy Extravaganza" newsletter. I found it amusing/indicting, maybe U do 2?

To continue on with my fascinating topic :D.............
the newsletter is full of interesting articles about the environment, the economy and social justice issues. In the "autumn apathy extravaganza" at the top of each page is a little box and inside the box are such statements as :-

This won't interest you.

It's Okay, Someone else'll read this

THis doesn't effect you so you don't need to read it

Nothing Much, You don't need to read it, honest.

Nothing really - just some stupid stuff about building a better world.

Just more stuff about the same old things.

The others are going to do something about this.

Apathy International needs YOU

Not your problem. Someone else will do it.

You Shouldn't Have to read this. It's So Long. Go On. Turn the Telly on.

Might As well Give Up

Calendar of events not to come to.

I get the impression they are trying to tell us something?

Apparently they are attempting to make a mockery of anyone who has any concerns in the world. Is it satire? Probably the best thing is to not give them anymore attention than they give the rest of the world.

~U2Alabama

I believe u may have hit the nail right on the head.
This faction requires no reaction.
They one day like the dodo, fightless and equally dead.

Theres' plenty more....i'll be back:D

Back
Top Bottom