Evolution and Intelligent Design:Both Taught in Public Schools?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
madroseka said:
I think that ID/Creationism has no place in school at all. I think it is up to the parents of children to teach about creationsim, at home. If your doing your job as good parents, your kids should believe you more than some pin-head biology teacher. Its up the family to enoforce beliefs, not schools.

:up:. Well said.

Angela

the iron horse said:
It takes a lot of faith not to believe in a God.

It takes a lot of faith to believe in a God.

And people can take that "faith" outside of the classroom. Science class is for scientific teachings alone.

If people want to teach creationism or ID, they can freely go to the church of their choice on Sunday or whatever day they want. I'm sure the pastor(s) would be happy to see you on a day besides Sunday. And if standard church services aren't enough, join a church-run Bible class. They don't have one? Well, then volunteer to create one.

Melon

A_Wanderer said:
Nobody in the history of the world has been able to come up with an empirical test for the existence of God, hence as an element God is unfalsifiable and therefore having God or any unfalsifiable being in the equation makes it unscientific.

No one, yet.

Think of the things that we theorize about our universe, yet have not developed an empirical test. They still make it into the classroom.

bible.jpg

nbcrusader said:

No one, yet.

Think of the things that we theorize about our universe, yet have not developed an empirical test. They still make it into the classroom.
Such as what? I mean the big bang has the cosmic background microwave radiation, quantum mechanics has the wave particle duality experiments.

A_Wanderer said:
Such as what? I mean the big bang has the cosmic background microwave radiation, quantum mechanics has the wave particle duality experiments.

Scientific experiments work plenty of the time.

I think the only thing that has had 100% failure has been Biblically-based numerology.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom