ever get paranoid about your anti-bush statements?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LoveTown

Refugee
Something is going on with my computer...I think it may be hacked...

anyway I had an amusing/scary thought. What if I'm being watched due to my anti-bush/war statements? I know I'm not, but what if I was....

Do any of you ever get paranoid that what you say openly about bush or the war or government in general will get you into trouble?

It's actually a very scary thought considering that we are supposed to be a free society.

lol that's it, remind me to never socialize in any way with you. I don't want to be considered guilty by association :wink:

LoveTown said:

anyway I had an amusing/scary thought. What if I'm being watched due to my anti-bush/war statements? I know I'm not, but what if I was....

Do any of you ever get paranoid that what you say openly about bush or the war or government in general will get you into trouble?

It's actually a very scary thought considering that we are supposed to be a free society.

I think there are bigger fish to fry. The Bush administration is a group of people guided by and pandering to extremist notions of what is good and what is right. And there is no opposition party to call them out on their extremist activity. Much bigger fish to fry.

I get worried saying things/having my friends say thing out in public because we live in a conservative town and I'm afraid someone will get crazy on us.

ILuvLarryMullen, I can relate to that. I live in a conservative town too and all of my "hippy rants" need to be done in somewhat hushed tones or there will be a lynch mob looking for me lol

pub crawler...too true

I think LoveTown is really a government agent who started this thread in an effort to pluck out the liberals! mwuahaha :evil:

:wink:

I've always wanted to check out those terrorist websites to be honest, just out of curiousity, but I'd feel like I was being tracked after that.

You have nothing to fear, it is not like there are people naming names on this forum you pinko scum :wink:

If the FBI knock on my foor, you mark my words. I wont be protecting anyone!

"You want names?....Uh, ok...Well, there is a girl. Love Town. She lives in....uh, America? I dont know where! You're the FBI! You track her down! And no, it's not a 'codename'. It's her....forget it. I dont know anyone..."

:shifty:

Angela Harlem said:
If the FBI knock on my foor, you mark my words. I wont be protecting anyone!

"You want names?....Uh, ok...Well, there is a girl. Love Town. She lives in....uh, America? I dont know where! You're the FBI! You track her down! And no, it's not a 'codename'. It's her....forget it. I dont know anyone..."

:shifty:

:D Still laughing.

Will the Bush administration find that disrespectful?:huh: :ohmy: :help:

as a republican I think you need to tell your man W to ease up a bit!

oh boy, I think I hear the FBI and CIA coming :yikes:

No, I don't worry. But if I ever did indeed get in trouble for expressing my beliefs, I'd just remind all involved of the lovely little First Amendment. Besides, I'm quite used to people responding not so kindly to my lack of support for this administration's activities, anyway. And they're just as entitled to their opinions as I am to mine.

Angela

LoveTown said:
ILuvLarryMullen, I can relate to that. I live in a conservative town too and all of my "hippy rants" need to be done in somewhat hushed tones or there will be a lynch mob looking for me lol

pub crawler...too true
Keeping your hippie rants "hushed" is what they want you to do. Thats how they get control. Speak your mind loud and clear!

I live in a conservative town too. I'm careful about where I make my statements, and who I say them to. We've got nuts who do nothing but harrass liberals at local demonstrations, which are held twice weekly in a square close to where I live.

verte76 said:
I live in a conservative town too.

Heh, I live in the town where the old Haliburton headquarters are located, and which, if I understand it right, is the town Cheney called home for a time. And therefore, my dad and sister have both gotten flak from other people before about their criticism of Cheney, as well as the Bush administration in general. Wyoming has generally been a red state as well, after all...

Angela

verte76 said:
I live in a conservative town too. I'm careful about where I make my statements, and who I say them to. We've got nuts who do nothing but harrass liberals at local demonstrations, which are held twice weekly in a square close to where I live.

Reminds me of a funny commercial I saw on the NFL Network.

The 2 guys who created Southpark (which I hate) were on it. One of them said something to teh effect of

"When we were young, if we weren't out harassing liberals, we were cheering on the Denver Broncos".

The first time I saw that, I almost busted a gut laughing.

I wish I had hung out with those guys in their youth...

Actually, I do live in a very conservative suburb, and I generally watch my tongue out of politeness, although I still express my opinion. For example, instead of "Bush is a lying douchebag" I might say "I disagree with many of Bush's policies." :wink:

Once I had a bunch of friends over though, and my little brother said: "I know what 'screw' means! My dad says that Clinton screwed a chick and Bush screwed the entire country!" Needless to say it was kind of embarrassing.:yikes:

MrsSpringsteen said:
I heard the SS was looking into Diamond for his constant "Bush is sexy" posts :p

:lmao:

I know what you guys mean about watching what political statements you make in public. The person I work for is a staunch Conservative and she actually asked me who I planned to vote for in the European elections! I sort of stuttered that I hadn't really made up my mind (which was true, I wasn't sure whether to vote Lib Dem or Labour) and she responded by telling me "I'd expect you to be voting Conservative, you know with having a job and all." I'm sure she actually meant to imply that people who work hard should be Conservatives, but one of my friends used to joke that she actually meant she only employed Conservatives and I'd be out of a job if I'd admitted I wouldn't dream of voting for them.

I kinda like all those security cameras......I figure if I were walking down the street and suddenly fell down...someone would immediately come to my aid and pick me back up.

Besides, it's a way of life now.....:eyebrow: .....one could just sit within the confines of one's own home and never go out and never make phone calls, watch TV or surf the internet........now I'm beginning to wonder about my eating habits......is someone tracking that too.....:eyebrow:

This is becoming interesting..........(checks back of neck for implant marks)....:ohmy:

:|

Sorry......got off the Bush subject.........just got carried away.....I avoid any type of political statements.
:|

Oh Jesus Ive been waiting for a thread like this...every second of my day I wonder if the Bush Administration is going to send the FBI after me just because I voted for John Kerry in the last election...

America is the land of the free...no really..I promise...I swear it is....

This country is SPEEDING towards the same fascism and insanity that it was so so blatantly opposed to in WWII not to mention the fact that an ever growing segment of the US public probably thinks genetic engineering/eugenics really would be in the best interest of giving "baby" every advantage *cough* healthwise *cough* in the world.....Just you wait people....Nazi Germany will resurrect itself in America one of these days....why you ask....because Americans have a high tolerance for provincial idiocy....just look at our network television lineup.

Back
Top Bottom