equality blooms with spring, pt. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, considering we had a thread about the subject not all that long ago. I think this was the situation being discussed at that time:

Alan Colmes' Liberaland � Mother Of Octuplets Has Six Other Kids

Unfuckingbelievable

:doh:

What does this have to do with adoption?

What does this have to do with "certain classes of society"? "Badges of honor", or "handouts"?

The octomom is ONE person, she kept her babies, an she was obviously mentally disturbed.

Wow, just wow...

Unfuckingbelievable

:doh:

What does this have to do with adoption?

What does this have to do with "certain classes of society"? "Badges of honor", or "handouts"?

The octomom is ONE person, she kept her babies, an she was obviously mentally disturbed.

Wow, just wow...

Un-expletive-believable, is it? Well, Colmes is actually a liberal, and he has reservations about the situation. So, you know, it's ok for you to actually agree with Colmes. And you should see some of the comments after the article. As I've said before, the most right wing poster on FYM is a moderate in real world terms.

Un-expletive-believable, is it? Well, Colmes is actually a liberal, and he has reservations about the situation. So, you know, it's ok for you to actually agree with Colmes. And you should see some of the comments after the article. As I've said before, the most right wing poster on FYM is a moderate in real world terms.

I don't care who or what Colmes is, this article has nothing to do with your claim.

Your thinking "the most right wing...is a moderate in the real world" makes me laugh, and I just have to question your mental state right now? Why are you not even trying to tie the two together?

NONE OF THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOUR CLAIM. Not one thing, it's just some oddball rightwing propaganda that you fell for.

That is an astute observation, and perhaps even an understatement....

You really truly believe this?

First of all the "right" in the US is completely different from the "right" of the rest of the world. You can't even get the "right" in FYM to agree with some of your ultra right views.

I'm sorry, but there is nothing astute about his observation, actually it's quite obtuse.

What's the claim? I'm confused-this thread is becoming difficult to follow

<>

I questioned what the problem would be with allowing homosexual couples to have the right to adopt. FG proposed that idea that there are people out there who carelessly get pregnant over and over again simply due to indifference because, what the hell, someone'll just adopt this kid.

I agree that there are no extremists posting on FYM. I'd say someone like Diamond is at least moderately conservative though, not moderate.

I agree that there are no extremists posting on FYM. I'd say someone like Diamond is at least moderately conservative though, not moderate.

Diamond and 2861U2 are somewhat on the right, but no more so than millions of others. STING2 is only right wing on national security issues, left leaning on most others as far as I can gather.

I questioned what the problem would be with allowing homosexual couples to have the right to adopt. FG proposed that idea that there are people out there who carelessly get pregnant over and over again simply due to indifference because, what the hell, someone'll just adopt this kid.

Ok, thanks-well I don't see the connection there either :slant: So gay people would somehow be responsible for that? They can have all the babies they want cause the gay people will just adopt them?

And I think diamond is probably less conservative than he wants us to believe- or maybe it's just <> that's conservative and his other identity diamond swings from chandeliers. He boxes it off into two so he can live in both worlds :wink:

{}

Bingo.jpg

Flickr Photo Download: Anti-Gay Bingo

I am still not convinced that it is a child's best chance for success if equally qualified heterosexual couples are available.

and nearly everyone who works in adoption would tell you that many, many, many other factors are far, far more important to an adopted child's "success" than the sexual orientation of his/her parents.

can you name me certain essential parenting techniques that a woman could never, ever provide on the basis of her gender and thus must rely upon her husband to perform because he is a male, and vice versa?

Just for now.

before you go, can you give us a list of things that Steve can do because of his gender that you never, ever could do because of your gender?

like math? opening the pickle jar? changing the oil?

because as we all know, homophobia isn't really just sexism.

can you name me certain essential parenting techniques that a woman could never, ever provide on the basis of her gender and thus must rely upon her husband to perform because he is a male, and vice versa?

You mean besides helping girls deal with their sexual development? Ditto for boys?

Just off the top of my head....

I think JiveTurkey's post of "My Two Dads" proves my point better than anything I could say...

Greg Evigan's hair! *shudder*

You mean besides helping girls deal with their sexual development? Ditto for boys?

Just off the top of my head....

Yes because all of those hetero couples who are just saying "abstain" and are too scared to talk about sexual development with their children are doing a bang up job. :up: I wonder if Palin did a better job than the two dads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom