Entertainers perhaps for Kerry..but Athletes for Bush?..Hmm.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
It's already been noted that several rock stars and a majority of Hollywood actors and entetainers support Kerry.
Names such as those listed below support Kerry:

Sean Puffy
Cameron Diaz
Dave Matthews
Springsteen
Moby
Rosie O'Donnell
Cher
Micheal Jackson
Eminem
Janet Jackson
Babs Striesand

and so on and so for.
Good for them:up:

Here are some Olypmians and professional athletes that support President Bush FYI-:)

Ernie Banks-MLB Hall of Fame

Daniel Beery -Olympian Gold Medalist Rowing

Carlos Beltran -MLB All Star Centerfielder
Josh Davis -Gold Medalist Swimming

Adam Dunn -MLB All Star

John Elway - NFL Football

Bernie Kosar-NFL Retired

Karl Malone- NBA

Steve Largent -NFL

Matt Hasslebeck -NFL Quaterback

Natalie Golda -Bronze Medalist Water Polo

Jack Nicklaus -Golf

Bob Feller-MLB Hall of Famer

Anthony Munoz-NFL Hall of Famer
Bernie Kosar -NFL Hall of Famer retired

Mary Lou Retton- Gold Medalist
Kerri Sturg- Gold Medalist

Lynn Swann -NFL Hall of Fame

Todd Walker-MLB 2nd Baseman
diamondbruno9-notable open-minded political poster/karoke singer:angry:

Janet Lynn Salomon -Bronze Medalist Figure Skating
Dot Richardson- Gold Medalist Softball

Chris Spielman -NFL Retired
Craig Biggio-MLB All Star
Roger Staubach -Retired NFL Hall of Famer

Just thought I'd share that with you folks.:)

I do not think that rock stars, entertainers and athletes should dictate how you should vote but it is intersting to see how your voting habits coincide w/notable figures.

Thanks.

Peace
out,
db9

Last edited:
It's very interesting. I feel sorry for anyone who decides who to vote for based on who their favorite celebrity endorses :huh:. hopefully there aren't many people like that out there.

a_malone_i.jpg
RettonMphoto56KS.jpg
gala96a.jpg
AAFF030.jpg
jelway.jpg
s_staubach_i.jpg

9_11_02tillman.jpg

Sleep
Sleep tonight
And may your dreams
Be realized
If the thunder cloud
Passes rain
So let it rain
Rain down on him
So let it be
So let it be

Sleep
Sleep tonight
And may your dreams
Be realized
If the thundercloud
Passes rain
So let it rain
Let it rain
Rain on him

That does it, now that Lynn Swann supports Bush, I am definitely going to vote for Bush based on that. Because there is nobody who can direct me in my persuasions like dumb jocks.

Have you heard Karl Malone speak? You could deduce he was supporting Bush by proxy. :)

Pat Tillman? The absurdity of your posts have reached a new high.

The man died for his country and you use him in some silly "athletes for Bush" post. No shame at all?

More than 1,000 soldiers have died, do you want to use all of their photos too? You can title it 'Dead Soldiers for Bush'.

Inner El Guapo said:
Pat Tillman? The absurdity of your posts have reached a new high.

The man died for his country and you use him in some silly "athletes for Bush" post. No shame at all?

More than 1,000 soldiers have died, do you want to use all of their photos too? You can title it 'Dead Soldiers for Bush'.
El Guapo-
Unless you can tell me Pat Tillman was not a jock and did not support this President I don't understand where the absurdity lies.

thanks,
db9

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Aren't there any cool people supporting him?

Exactly! Sorry, but no one mentioned thus far does anything for me....

Besides, my take on the whole celeb. endorsement thing is:

I make my choice, based on who I believe will do the best job.

Then, if I see celebrities supporting candidates the celeb can do one of three things in my estimation of their taste-- 1) move up; 2) they stay the same; or 3) they move down.

1) a celeb can move up if he/she likes the same candidates as I and my overall feelings about him/her are positive;

2) a celeb generally stays the same if he/she likes the same candidates as I, but I don't really have great feelings about him/her. Also, the celeb's status can stay the same if he/she likes different candidates (or some different), but the reasons for his/her choices are reasonable to me (doesn't happen often).

3) a celeb loses status if he/she doesn't like the same candidates I like, and I don't care for their reasons for the choices. Supporting W is an automatic demotion of at least several levels. :madspit:

Last edited:
indra said:

Exactly! Sorry, but no one mentioned thus far does anything for me....

Besides, my take on the whole celeb. endorsement thing is:

I make my choice, based on who I believe will do the best job.

Then, if I see celebrities supporting candidates the celeb can do one of three things in my estimation of their taste-- 1) move up; 2) they stay the same; or 3) they move down.

1) a celeb can move up if he/she likes the same candidates as I and my overall feelings about him/her are positive;

2) a celeb generally stays the same if he/she likes the same candidates as I, but I don't really have great feelings about him/her. Also, the celeb's status can stay the same if he/she likes different candidates (or some different), but the reasons for his/her choices are reasonable to me (doesn't happen often).

3) a celeb loses status if he/she doesn't like the same candidates I like, and I don't care for their reasons for the choices. Supporting W is an automatic demotion of at least several levels. :madspit:

indra,

i used to use this same type of litmus test on girls i dated.

however it was a little bit different..

it was never about their polictical tastes, it was more about their musical tastes:)

if they like alternative music they were in, if they we're wanting to go to a Garth Brooks concert they we're out.
db9:wink:

diamond said:

indra,

i used to use this same type of litmus test on girls i dated.

however it was a little bit different..

it was never about their polictical tastes, it was more about their musical tastes:)

if they like alternative music they were in, if they we're wanting to go to a Garth Brooks concert they we're out.
db9:wink:

Oh, I do it for music too. Let's put it this way...for me, a guy better like The Church/Steve Kilbey. If he doesn't...there are three choices: 1) learn to like 'em; 2) become deaf and learn to smile politely as I drag you to their shows; or 3) get the hell out of my life. There are NO other choices! :D

Last edited:
Not being American, I have no idea who 95% of the others are.

I do know basketball though and I can't stand Karl Malone.
Watching him play basketball is like watching buses re-arrange their parking positions at their depot. In other words, boring as all hell.

And honestly, if people are going to attack musicians, authors etc for having a political opinion, based on the fact that they don't know what they're talking about, then you really shouldn't bring athletes into it. Some of them have probably never heard the name "Kerry" before, and some of them probably had the wrong idea when asked "Do you like Bush?"

Diamond, don't let this stop you from posting pics of hottie athletes though, I wouldn't want that.

Where did you find out that Curt Schilling supports Bush?

It doesn't matter to me, I'm still completely in love w/ him anyway..no disrespect intended to his beautiful wife

Back
Top Bottom