Entertainers perhaps for Kerry..but Athletes for Bush?..Hmm.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you forgot a couple...

metro_alex_rodriguez.jpg

278leiter.jpg

piazzacap.jpg

not that it matters, but it is interesting that celebrities (movie stars, musicians, etc.) tend to lean to the left, but athletes tend to lean to the right... yet ironicly, the two most famous former movie stars turned politicians are both republicans, and the most famous former athlete turned politician is a democrat :shrug: go figure

The first guy is A Fraud

And I don't see where that msg board really has anything concrete about Curt's political views, but I admit I only had time to quickly skim it.

I did like that letter he wrote :up:

OK, if he is Republican that's one Republican I definitely think is sexy :wink:

Last edited:
U2democrat said:
It's very interesting. I feel sorry for anyone who decides who to vote for based on who their favorite celebrity endorses :huh:. hopefully there aren't many people like that out there.

I bet there are a few attending Bruce Springsteen concerts....

MrsSpringsteen said:
The first guy is A Fraud

I did like that letter he wrote :up:

OK, if he is Republican that's one Republican I definitely think is sexy :wink:
Gina,
Once the Bo Sox win the National Champuionship you can indirectly thank sexyRepublicanism.

:wink:
db9

nbcrusader said:

I bet there are a few attending Bruce Springsteen concerts....

Not really..at the concerts I went to on his last tour, he was often booed by quite a few people for any anti-Bush statements. Also on Bruce msg boards, there are many Bush supporting fans who criticize him .

And at the one VFC concert I attended, most people there were already Kerry supporters anyway, so it didn't matter .

Earnie Shavers said:
Not being American, I have no idea who 95% of the others are.

Diamond, don't let this stop you from posting pics of hottie athletes though, I wouldn't want that.
dot2.jpg

Dot Richardson-Softball Medalist.
:)

I haven't seen any proof as to any outspoken support for any canidate, just random meaningless pictures.

If I could I'd give this thread a quarter of a star.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I haven't seen any proof as to any outspoken support for any canidate, just random meaningless pictures.

If I could I'd give this thread a quarter of a star.

That's understandable BVS, based on your mindset and your location as so aptly put on the left side of your posting profile page i.e.- "Location: in a state of denial":)

Here is a letter that was sent to me:

Thanks,
Peace
Out
db9

Open letter signed by 24 Olympians and Professional Athletes]

To our fellow Americans:

We have given much thought to the values and characteristics that make a great athlete. Our lives have been spent trying to run farther, push further, and jump higher than the person beside us, or across the field of our chosen sport. With years of training and exhaustive competition beneath our belts, we have identified the values necessary to compete and win--values like personal strength, determination, a sense of fair play and faith.

The same qualities that make a great athlete make a great President--the determination to do what is right, regardless of the latest polls, the personal strength to bear the weight of the nation on your shoulders, and the faith that a higher power will direct the actions of good people.

We see in President Bush these same qualities.

In 2001, our nation was attacked without cause or provocation. The President's values saw us through those dark days after the terrorist attack. The economy was rocked by the dual blows of the terrorists' cowardly action and the reckless disregard of the rules by a few rogue executives. But President Bush's decisive, principled leadership has moved America forward, and today our nation is safer and our economy is strong and getting stronger.

The fight against terrorism takes decisiveness. It takes continued support for our troops and first responders. But most importantly, it takes courage and inspirational leadership in the White House. In these critical times, our President has had the courage to stand up and do what's right.

For that and for his unwavering character, we choose George W. Bush as our President for the next four years. He is a leader we can depend on to make the tough decisions and the right decisions. Please join us in supporting a candidate of courage, President Bush--a leader who backs our troops defending our nation and shares our values.

Sincerely,
Ernie Banks-MLB Hall of Fame

Daniel Beery -Olympian Gold Medalist Rowing

Carlos Beltran -MLB All Star Centerfielder
Josh Davis -Gold Medalist Swimming

Adam Dunn -MLB All Star

John Elway - NFL Football

Bernie Kosar-NFL Retired

Karl Malone- NBA

Steve Largent -NFL

Matt Hasslebeck -NFL Quaterback

Natalie Golda -Bronze Medalist Water Polo

Jack Nicklaus -Golf

Bob Feller-MLB Hall of Famer

Anthony Munoz-NFL Hall of Famer
Bernie Kosar -NFL Hall of Famer retired

Mary Lou Retton- Gold Medalist
Kerri Sturg- Gold Medalist

Lynn Swann -NFL Hall of Fame

Todd Walker-MLB 2nd Baseman
diamondbruno9-notable open-minded political poster/karoke singer

Janet Lynn Salomon -Bronze Medalist Figure Skating
Dot Richardson- Gold Medalist Softball

Chris Spielman -NFL Retired
Craig Biggio-MLB All Star
Roger Staubach -Retired NFL Hall of Famer

You see the letter makes more since. But I guess if you posted that first you wouldn't have had all the fun posting pics. I'll bump it up to one star.

But just like Chuck D, it don't mean shit to me.

diamond said:
:angry:

that's my fault, i mispelled some names from the email.

:mad: :huh: :wink:

Not to worry...I spelled her first name wrong when I pointed out that her last name was misspelled! :lol:

kobayashi said:
dont forget alexander wozneiwski of poland.
kobayashi,

Do you have something against people of Polish descent?

thanks,
db9

Last edited:
For Gina..:)

CONCORD, N.H. - Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling, who urged people to vote for President Bush on a national television show Thursday, will appear with the president on Friday in New Hampshire, a campaign spokeswoman said.

At the end of his interview about his team's World Series victory on ABC's "Good Morning America," Schilling signed off: "Tell everybody to vote. And vote Bush next week."

The president congratulated the Red Sox' owner and president by phone — and thanked Schilling for his support.

Schilling won Game Two of the World Series and Game Six of the American League Championship series despite a torn tendon sheath in his right ankle that will require surgery.

He is scheduled to appear with Bush at rallies in Manchester and Portsmouth on Friday, campaign spokeswoman Maria Comella said.
curt_schilling_sox.jpg

Re: For Gina..:)

diamond said:
CONCORD, N.H. - Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling, who urged people to vote for President Bush on a national television show Thursday, will appear with the president on Friday in New Hampshire, a campaign spokeswoman said.

At the end of his interview about his team's World Series victory on ABC's "Good Morning America," Schilling signed off: "Tell everybody to vote. And vote Bush next week."

The president congratulated the Red Sox' owner and president by phone — and thanked Schilling for his support.

Schilling won Game Two of the World Series and Game Six of the American League Championship series despite a torn tendon sheath in his right ankle that will require surgery.

He is scheduled to appear with Bush at rallies in Manchester and Portsmouth on Friday, campaign spokeswoman Maria Comella said.
curt_schilling_sox.jpg

smart man

He's not doing it, his doctors advised him not to

Or maybe he just came to his senses ;)

I liked how his wife groaned and turned away when he said "vote Bush " on GMA :D

Man, if I'd gone through the stress of pitching in a World Series game my doc would probably tell me not to do it too. Happy smelling the roses, Curt.

"Many of the people lining up Friday morning for Bush's rally said they were more excited to see Schilling than the president. That includes Republican Congressman Jeb Bradley, who was wearing a Red Sox cap and said he hoped Schilling would sign it.

Children carried baseballs in hopes of autographs."

Back
Top Bottom