Enron

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
those enron officers should rot in prison.

blargh on them!! what they did is much worse than clinton's philandering.

"in bed" with them? I thought he received campaign contrubutions from them, like a LOT of Senators and members of Congress did, both Republican and Democrat.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by U2live:
Ok so Clinton was having sex with Monica, but bush was in bed with Enron. Flame away.

I don't think Bush had anything to do with it aside from himself and his administration receiving political donations from Enron. Politicians receive many donations from companies with questionable ethics....

Bush would have no idea what the complex financial mess Enron was. I firmly believe that Anderson had no clue as well. They should share some fault, however, no audit is 100% effective. Enron management purposely misled Anderson. There is just so much an auditor can do.

Its not just Anderson that got misled. Many sophisticated entities suchs as JP Morgan Chase, Citibank and their other lenders were fooled as well. I do however fell terrible for the Enron employees who had all their savings tied in Enron stock.

CK

Ah yes. I was awaiting the arrival of this thread.. Honestly, There's nothing that Bush or his administration has done wrong in this issue.. It's so typical of the liberal media to be harping this issue with questions such as 'Is this Bush's Whitewater?'..

As it has been posted above, all the connections with the admin. and Enron were campaign contributions, which went to more people than just bush.. Democrats included... And some phone calls to admin officials warning them, and SAY.. if they did ask for help.. They Got none.. Issue closed in regards to the admin.There's nothing wrong with a huuuuuuuuuge energy company calling and warning the country's leaders of their imminent bankruptcy which was bound to be a huuuge financial and economic issue... I think it's actually responsible of them, and so what if they MAY have asked for help.. they got none ..

This is a big fuckup for enron and it's officials, but not by the admin....

It's just another attempt to try and 'GET' the republicans back for how they messed with clinton and his admin... I mean, they paint him as incompetent.. Ok.. They dropped to their knees on that one with Bush's performance in this war.. They Tried to villainize ashcroft.. called him a racist, then found out that he had more blacks in his office than any 'self professed' racist would have...

Liberals are just waiting.. and Sorry guys, this isn't your time.. It's going to come back and embarrass the Democrats pushing for this, because I bet they're oging to uncover some stuff that they're going to be sorry they did.... It's already happened.

Originally posted by Popmartijn:
Granted, the company donated both to the Democratic as to the Republican Party, but they mainly had ties with the Republican Party.

A large portion of Enron campaign contribution recipients were from energy resource states such as Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Florida, as Enron is an "energy" company; in the past few years, these states have elected mostly Republicans to the Senate and Congress (although Florida currently has 2 Democratic Senators, both of whom are Enron beneficiaries). It has less to do with political affiliation and more to do with geography.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by TheU2:

I don't think Bush had anything to do with it aside from himself and his administration receiving political donations from Enron. Politicians receive many donations from companies with questionable ethics....

Well, I don't think Bush was that unknowledgeable, certainly not his administration. Apparently, Ken Lay (CEO of Enron?) warned Secretary of Finance O'Neill and Secretary of Trade Evans that it was going wrong with Enron. But those 2 persons discarded the messages and refused to support Enron.
Apart from those ties, I think Bush will feel the consequences as he's being associated with Enron. Granted, the company donated both to the Democratic as to the Republican Party, but they mainly had ties with the Republican Party. Much advise from Enron also became part of Bush's energy plan (searching for more oil and gas and disregard environmental initiatives). Secretary of Justice Ashcroft immediately had to resign from the investigation as he's received thousands of dollars from Enron. Lay was also one of the biggest donators to Bush. So maybe Bush does not have many direct ties with the bankruptcy of Enron, but he is/was a close ally.

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Back
Top Bottom