Elizabeth Edwards News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this is wonderful news. Hopefully they will be able to get the cancer and she can have a long and happy life.

it did turn ugly. People forgot that it's not an issue of politics, it's an issue of humanity. Sadly, compassion for another living being went out the door in that thread.

I'm really glad to get this news. The chemo will be tough, but she's a tough cookie and she will be OK. Bravo! I was in D.C. when the news broke, it really sucked to hear that.

That's good news. I wish her and her family the best.

No metastasis = the best news she could have possibly gotten.

Thanks for the link. I went to the Kerry web site when this news came out to try to leave a msg, but I couldn't find anything.

I got the new People Magazine today, it has an interview w/ Elizabeth. There is a lovely family photo as well, and a beautiful photo of Elizabeth and John.

"She quotes one of her favorite writers Emily Dickinson "Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul"

She says "I've thought about that a lot lately. It's just part of our nature to hope"

I get People magazine, so I can't wait to read the article! Good for the Edwards family, I am glad they're keeping their chins up, so to speak.

Gosh, it's strange. I'm glad that Elizabeth will be able to take time out to recuperate from this f:censored:g illness. She's a tough cookie, but my boss had to have chemo and radiation a few years back and it's physically really hellish. You have to have alot of bed rest and stuff because this treatment makes you very nauseated. I'm glad Elizabeth will be OK, but it's not going to be the easiest thing she's ever been though.

I tried to find the article on the People site, but I don't see it there. Here's one of the pictures

eedwards.jpg

Just got this in an e-mail, if anyone wants to watch..

This week, Elizabeth Edwards talked with NBC's Katie Couric about her breast cancer diagnosis and what women can do to detect and fight breast cancer.

You can watch part of her interview on the "Today" show on Thursday, November 18, 2004. The rest of her interview will air on "Dateline" on Sunday, November 21, 2004 at 7:00 pm ET.

I always really loved Elizabeth. I have read some of her interveiws and speeches and she seems like an articulate, smart and fun gal. I hope she gets better.

LoveTown said:
it did turn ugly. People forgot that it's not an issue of politics, it's an issue of humanity. Sadly, compassion for another living being went out the door in that thread.
Mrs. Edwards always seemed like a thoughtful, sensative human being. I apoligize to you for the sake of those who made it political. There are bigger things in life than political baby games. At least, that's what I've always believed.

Thanks macfistowannabe. I missed the first Elizabeth Edwards thread because I was a thousand miles away from my computer in Washington D.C. I get the impression that it got f:censored:d up with inappropriate partisan bickering. I'm glad this one did not, we are talking about a human being who is a wife, a mother, and a daughter, not just a partisan creature.

Yeah the previous thread got REALLY bad on account of one person, who has now been banned. It was sickening. But the Edwards' on the today show was absolutely delightful!

Back
Top Bottom