Elizabeth Edwards Diagnosed With Breast Cancer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That must have been extremely difficult on the Edwards family - campaigning and keeping the smile on when you are faced with this type of life challenge.

Prayers to Elizabeth and the whole family for a full recovery and God's peace during this time.

this must be a very hard time for her and her family. i wish her a full and speedy recovery. although, with all those hormones she took to get pregnent a few years ago, im not shocked she developed cancer. reguardless, my prayers go out to her and her family.

It's so awful. I wanted to cry for their family this morning, when I heard. To lose an election is devastating enough, but to find out that a family member has cancer is far worse. I hope they all know how much they are cared for and respected right now.

What makes me even sadder is that somewhere, there's going to be some small minded fan (and this is not dig at Bush-Cheney supporters, as I know the majority are civilised and respectful) who is going to be riding high on the Republican success, and will see this as something to make a joke out of.

Sad news all around for the Edwards family.... :sad:

My heart goes out to them & I wish Mrs. Edwards a full & speedy recovery!! :up: :hug:

Sad news today.

I hope her cancer is not one of the highly invasive ones and that her therapy is effective. All the best to their entire family.

beau2ifulday said:

What makes me even sadder is that somewhere, there's going to be some small minded fan (and this is not dig at Bush-Cheney supporters, as I know the majority are civilised and respectful) who is going to be riding high on the Republican success, and will see this as something to make a joke out of.

People like that aren't worth thinking about. I'm not a big fan of Kerry-Edwards politics, but I have two aunts who've both had breast cancer (one before she was 30) and I would NEVER wish that on someone or make some joke about it. :(

I know that she will get fast treatment, because after all, her husband has spent the last 20 years suing doctors, so he probably has all their phone numbers on speed-dial. But then again, he had to just to put food on the table for his kids, he doesn't have much money at all, I heard him say once or twice or five-hundred times that his father works at a mill, I guess if he says it enough, he thinks we'll forget that he milked $ 70 million out of the healthcare sector :wink:

When you're overweight, your chances of breast cancer increase, and she is very overweight, the news isn't too surprising.

I just wonder what doctor will even operate on her, the risk of Johnny suing them seems to be too much, especially now that he has all this free time on his hands

GOP_Catholic said:
I know that she will get fast treatment, because after all, her husband has spent the last 20 years suing doctors, so he probably has all their phone numbers on speed-dial. But then again, he had to just to put food on the table for his kids, he doesn't have much money at all, I heard him say once or twice or five-hundred times that his father works at a mill, I guess if he says it enough, he thinks we'll forget that he milked $ 70 million out of the healthcare sector :wink:

When you're overweight, your chances of breast cancer increase, and she is very overweight, the news isn't too surprising.

I just wonder what doctor will even operate on her, the risk of Johnny suing them seems to be too much, especially now that he has all this free time on his hands

Nice one, now rot in hell.

GOP Catholic, it is true that being overweight increases a woman's chances of breast cancer. But the indelicate way you have pointed this out, and the rest of your post, is highly insensitive and downright meanspirited.

You are on my Ignore List for life.

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:
Unbelievable..:sigh:

Can that stuff be deleted?

And IP-banned, please.
*has a suspicion this is someone's alter so would prefer to erase all traces of this scumbag*

Just in case there's some small chance that you actually thought this was acceptable, GOPCatholic, I've come back (briefly!) from my wee vacation to tell you that it's not.

You can apologize, lay low, and contribute your thoughts in some productive and diginified manner, or you can be asked to leave.

Up to you.

:: back into never-never land ::

In addition to what pax said, I would like to remind the rest of you...

adam's_mistress said:

Nice one, now rot in hell.

...that comments like this are not appropriate, regardless of what another person had said. Just because one says something incredibly inappropriate does not give cause for the FAQ rules to not be in effect. Two wrongs don't make a right.

GOP_Catholic said:

please... you are not helping. you are simply making those of us who are republicans, catholics, and voted for bush look bad by some of your rants. there are plenty of legit reasons to take a swing at john edwards. his wife getting cancer is NOT one of them, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

paxetaurora said:
You can apologize, lay low, and contribute your thoughts in some productive and diginified manner, or you can be asked to leave.

I don't apologize for stating facts.

Fact : He has spent decades suing doctors, while pocketing $ tens of millions.

Fact : Overweight people have a higher risk of breast cancer.

Fact : Many doctors are apprehensive about treating certain patients, especially the wife of the new posterboy for millionaire trial lawyers.

My only sympathy goes to the cancer patients who have to travel farther to see doctors now, since so many doctors have gone out of practice as they can no longer afford the malpractice insurance, it's hard for doctors to afford the insurance when the insurance company is busy cutting million-dollar checks for Edwards. Tort reform is coming, Edwards's days of taking doctors to the cleaners will soon be over with. I know the Kerry sheep won't like that, but the Kerry'ites learned on Tuesday - they're in the minority.

Go back and read Pax's advice.

Remember, you must think through the tone and message conveyed in your posts in addition to the actually words you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom