Elian Gonzalez Interview On 60 Minutes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I still remember watching that on TV - as far as I know he's never been interviewed before.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm

"In what Miami Cuban exiles would say is propaganda, Castro attended the boy's elementary school graduation and declared he was proud to have Gonzalez as his friend. The feeling is mutual. "It's also very moving to me and I also believe I am his friend," Gonzalez tells Simon. "Not only [do I think of Castro] as a friend, but also as a father," says Gonzalez. The boy believes that he could call the Cuban president on the phone if he wanted to.

The worst parts of his Miami experience were the nights he found difficult to sleep through. "I would have nightmares and my uncles would talk to me about my mother... it was better not to remind me of that because that tormented me... I was very little," he recalls.

One of those great uncles who cared for him during that time, Delfin Gonzalez, denies that Elian was unhappy and says he doesn't believe anything he says in Cuba because the boy is a prisoner there. "

Castro must have good "education" programs.

Would I watch this? No - I really don't see this as news. But it does raise issues regarding US-Cuban relations.

Castro probably treats him very well, considering the media attention. Elian probably does live better than the Cuban exiles in Miami.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom