Elections in Italy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
deep said:
How good is the Italian voting process?

The all day voting Sunday and Monday is good for participation. 85%

Will there be any claims of voting irregularities?

What are the chances of fraud?

Berlusconi already complained about voting irregularities weeks before the elections took place. He even asked for international observers, even though they were already there on request of his own government. Goes to show how much this guy pays attention, though I won't rule out the possibility that he said it for political reasons.

A participation of 85% is extremely high though! I wish we had a turnout like that. :up:

deep said:
How good is the Italian voting process?

it's quite good & normal. You put a cross on a sheet, on the symbol of the party you want to vote for. Then the sheets will be opened and counted.
If you put any other sign on the sheet, your vote is not valid.

The all day voting Sunday and Monday is good for participation. 85%

This is really good.
When we voted back in 2001, the percentage was 2-3 points lower .

Will there be any claims of voting irregularities?

What are the chances of fraud?

Berlusconi claimed some irregularities because in some sections there were mess in the place where you go to vote (sorry, dunno how you call it...)

Unfortunately, I do not think there was any fraud.
I do believe a lot of people voted again for Berlusconi.
And I am pretty sure a lot of them did it just because he promised to lower some taxes, for instance on the house. What those people are not considering is that the taxes he promised to cut were supposed to finance hospital, schools and other regional activities...

He wants a recount..., and a coalition with the left. This guy will do everything to stay in power. :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom