Election Postmortem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First off...I'm NOT a George W. Bush fan...at all.
Having said that it's soooo easy to blame just one man for failed policies that were created by dozens of men - Donald Rumsfeld, James Baker, Dick Cheney, George H.W. Bush, Paul Wolfowitz, Tim LaHaye, John Hagee, Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson etc etc... not to mention a large chunk of corporate America. It may soon turn out that George W. Bush was the least of our problems.

Harry Vest said:
Despite what all the pundits say and what the voters "said" I still can't shake the feeling that the worst is still to come. Bush and Cheney may have a surprise or two for all of us before 2008. An attack on Iran perhaps??? You don't need congress or the senate for that do you? And what if "something" happens involving Iran, Syria or North Korea? I hate to be a pessimist after all this apparent good news but something tells me this whole charade ain't over yet. Call it a gut feeling.
Or ad verbatim Ted Rall "musings".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/flavia-colgan/dems-got-that-oltime-re_b_33779.html

"One of the most stunning developments in the midterm elections is how Democrats pulled religious voters back into the fold - without pandering on issues where people of faith know the party just doesn't agree with them.

According to Catholics in Alliance for the Common Good, in each of the seats the Democrats picked up in the Senate, Catholic voters came back to the party in droves."

I never enjoyed being treated as an idiot who shouldn't be trusted with the truth, and couldn't remember what had been said and done by the administration. These men of great power were reduced to saying "did not!" like cranky children.

Back
Top Bottom