Election 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
Well a lot of things have been made clear to me in the last few months. I voted for Kerry, I acted optomistic, but really deep down inside I knew this wasn't the man for the job. I voted for the lesser of the two evils. I admit that and I'm fine with that. But I find it sad that that seems to be the reality these days, I really can't remember the last time I truly believed in a president, maybe never. So I've come to the conclusion that I can no longer trust these other men to do it right, so I'll just have to do it myself.

So I bring to you all the news that I BVS will be running for president in the year 2012, of couse that does depend on who the incumbent will be then and therefore may have to run in 2016!!! 2012 will the first election that I'll be elgible, so I'd probably be running as the youngest to take the office. Not tainted by politics, youthful, tell like it is approach to the office is just what this country needs.

If things continue to go the way they have I can guarantee you a few things you'll see in my campaign. I'll be the first to admit that yes I inhaled, it was college, so what? The first red head to run (I think). A no nonsence way of speaking during the debates, none of this "with all due respect Mr/Mrs president...", I'd say "look George this is how it has been..." NO NEGATIVE ADS(my ads will only speak about my platform and won't even mention the other canidates). I'll make no promises, for every politician that does lies. And I'll be the very first to quote U2 lyrics...

Well I have 8 to 12 years to work on raising money and building a base so here I go.

Thank you for your support.

(platform soon to follow...)

Hmmm, but I allready promised U2Democrat that I would write letters on her behalf, oh what to do. Maybe you could run a joint ticket BVS and U2Democrat, and at least then when U2 Songs are played at rallies they are not ruined.

BVS:

Blissfully
Vapid and
Spineless

Imagine what a professional ad agency could come up with.

Are you sure you want to run for public office and subject yourself to years of slander and lies???

speedracer said:
Are you sure you want to run for public office and subject yourself to years of slander and lies???

The penalty for spreading lies would be free neutering performed by BVS herself.

I'd be shallow and vote for you because you're a red head

I volunteer to be your first lady :sexywink:, but I might be more like Teresa than Laura :wink: somewhere in between, actually

tiny dancer said:

I think the age for running for president is 42.

Native born.

Lived here at least 14 years.

And be at least 35.

Contrary to popular belief white, old, male, or stiff are not requirements.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I'd be shallow and vote for you because you're a red head

I volunteer to be your first lady :sexywink:, but I might be more like Teresa than Laura :wink: somewhere in between, actually

I'd take Teresa over Laura anyday. But I don't like them shallow, so just tell me something along the lines like you're also very intelligent, witty, etc and we have a deal.:sexywink:

Isn't that when melon's planning to run? That's a debate I'd enjoy seeing. :up:

MrsSpringsteen said:
Well, what do you think? :sexywink:

The only problem will be that I don't want people to think I had an affair with The Boss's wife. I just can't start my campaign with that kind of scandal. You'd have to break it off with Bruce first...but then make sure you ask if it's still Ok if he played for a fundraiser.:wink:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Contrary to popular belief white, old, male, or stiff are not requirements.

:hmm: Hmmm but esp white and male seem to be a popular asset for the race - frankly in the present situation I doubt someone not fufilling those two will be ever voted President. :|

clinton quoted u2 a couple of times during his presidency (corny "still haven't found what i'm looking for" line). one was a speech in ireland...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I just can't start my campaign with that kind of scandal

You've used that line before :sexywink: Oh well, shot down yet again..

That's it, I'm campaigning for your opponent now, even if he's the second coming of W :wink:

MrsSpringsteen said:

You've used that line before :sexywink: Oh well, shot down yet again..

That's it, I'm campaigning for your opponent now, even if he's the second coming of W :wink:

Ouch! No, no not shot down...I was just laying ground rules, making my intentions clear. :hug:

Kerry was a lightweight, compared to Bush. And yes, I voted for
Kerry because I hated Bush. Kerry did not look like presidential material. ( imo)
Hopefully, in 2008, the Dems will have somebody better suited
to be a candidate.

but its merely numerical.

i guess such restrictions uphold the image of the office.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
No, no not shot down...I was just laying ground rules, making my intentions clear. :hug:

:hyper: :hug:

And age definitely doesn't equal maturity-whatever maturity means actually. I admire people who can be immature in a light hearted and fun way, and mature when it is important to be so.

Back
Top Bottom