Edwards endorses Obama!!! - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-17-2008, 11:36 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,268
Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Diane L


As for Olbermann, the man is a God among men and that Special Comment was beyond words. He is truly our Edward R. Murrow, at a time when we most need one.
A God among men? He is a liar, a total partisan and a far-left tool posing as a journalist.

In the words of Glenn Beck, "Edward R. Murrow would despise Keith Olbermann."
__________________

2861U2 is offline  
Old 05-18-2008, 01:20 AM   #42
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2


A God among men? He is a liar, a total partisan and a far-left tool posing as a journalist.

In the words of Glenn Beck, "Edward R. Murrow would despise Keith Olbermann."
Liar and partisan tool posing as a jorurnalist, and then quoting Glen Beck in the same post...

Classic

you never cease to entertain.
__________________

BVS is offline  
Old 05-18-2008, 09:34 AM   #43
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,715
Local Time: 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2


A God among men? He is a liar, a total partisan and a far-left tool posing as a journalist.

In the words of Glenn Beck, "Edward R. Murrow would despise Keith Olbermann."


you don't see the irony here?

Glenn Beck?

yes, Olbermann is totally partisan, and he is the best hatchet-man the Left has.

but the right wing hatchet-men/women outnumber him 5 to 1. don't fool yourself -- Laura Ingraham is absolutely no different than Olbermann.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 05-18-2008, 02:21 PM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Jeannieco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: If the moonlight caught you crying on Killiney Bay oh sing your song let your song be sung
Posts: 4,992
Local Time: 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2


Apparently a lot considering he's never been married.
So.
Jeannieco is offline  
Old 05-21-2008, 01:39 AM   #45
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,753
Local Time: 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2


But who is it that's doing the killing? It's got to be the troops, right?
Wrong. I'm sorry to dredge this up again, but you are wrong. Watch Olbermann's post-script to that special comment, given a week later.



He was absolutely clearly referring to the administration/cabinet/blackwater, not the military. There is no room for misinterpretation, especially after this post-script.

And I find it comical that you call Laura Ingram's response 'amazing'. She spends more time cracking lame jokes about how msnbc needs to get Olbermann medical help than she does actually responding to the substance of his speech. He said so much, and all she(and the rest of the right-wing talking-heads) can do is take this one line and twist it and manipulate it to mean what they want to it to mean so they can have a reason to attack the guy. She was trying more to be funny and get a reaction than anything else, and she came across as painfully unfunny.

Don't ever call him a partisan hack when all you can respond with are people like Bill O'Reilly(I don't care how many times he says he's independent, he's clearly a conservative - and did you know he played semi-professional baseball when he was young and tried out unsuccessfully for the New York Mets? So much for discrediting Olbermann because he used to be a sports guy), Sean Hannity, Laura Ingram, Ann Coulter(what a despicable person she is), etc etc. They are all as or more partisan than Olbermann.

I'm not going to sit here and say Olbermann isn't partisan. I'm just going to say that it's no reason to to discredit him as a journalist. Outside of NPR, and even sometimes there, any political journalist who claims to be completely objective is a liar, imo. You can't be a functioning member of society without having certain ideas and feelings about the way the country should be run. If you're actually objective and have no opinion, you shouldn't be in this line of work. Of course Olbermann is partisan, they are all partisan, but that alone, like I said, is no reason to discredit them. I don't discredit O'Reilly for being partisan, I discredit him for always supporting Bush and this war but refusing to own up to being a conservative, and for being suffocatingly self-righteous. I don't discredit Rush Limbaugh for being partisan, I discredit him for being a lunatic. I don't discredit Ann Coulter for being partisan, I discredit her for being a clearly hateful spirit intent on saying the nastiest things she can think of about others in an attempt to mask the obvious loathing she has her herself. You get the idea.

And how you can listen to his articulate, detailed, passionate 'special comment' and think he's an idiot afterwards is beyond me.
namkcuR is offline  
Old 05-21-2008, 04:00 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,268
Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post


So much for discrediting Olbermann because he used to be a sports guy
When did I ever say that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
They are all as or more partisan than Olbermann.
We disagree then. NO ONE is more partisan than Olbermann. He is the most intellectually dishonest person in the media today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
I'm just going to say that it's no reason to to discredit him as a journalist.
I've seen nothing that would make me ever believe Olbermann is a journalist. He is an entertainer. He is NOT a journalist. If you want to talk about twisting people's words and manipulation, that is all Olbermann does. That is not journalism. Just the other day, he made John McCain his worst person in the world because he wasn't supporting a GI bill. Well you know why he wasn't? Because it wasn't doing ENOUGH for the troops. McCain supports a much, much better bill, yet Olbermann made McCain look terrible. That's good, respectable journalism? I think not.

Here's another excellent example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
I discredit him for always supporting Bush and this war
WOW.

CLEARLY you don't watch the show. O'Reilly has criticized Bush and the war countless times and has said it has been terribly mismanaged. He's said if we could go back in time, we never should have gone in. Your statement couldn't be more incorrect.


Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
And how you can listen to his articulate, detailed, passionate 'special comment' and think he's an idiot afterwards is beyond me.
I don't care if it was "passionate." He's a liar and an irresponsible reporter. That is why he is an idiot.
__________________

2861U2 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×