Dubya: "do you have blacks too?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll post the article.

BUSH'S GENERAL EDUCATION

Do you have blacks in Brazil?

It is said, that, before September 11, George W. Bush thought the Taliban were a Bavarian brass band. Now, thanks to his comprehensive knowledge, the most powerful man in the world has got into hot water again.

AP

Rice helped Bush from the leave in the lurch

Washington - It was Condoleezza Rice, national security advisor, who helped her boss out of the embarassing situation. During a conversation between the two presidents, George W. Bush, 55, (USA) and Fernando Henrique Cardoso, 71, (Brazil), Bush bewildered his colleague with the question "Do you have blacks, too?"

Rice, 47, noticing how astonished the Brazilian was, saved the day by telling Bush "Mr. President, Brazil probably has more blacks than the USA. Some say it's the Country with the most blacks outside Africa." Later, the Brazilian president Cardoso said: regarding Latin America, Bush was still in his "learning phase".

0,1020,107015,00.jpg

YEAH, BABY: BUSH SAID TO LOVE NEW 'AUSTIN POWERS'

The new AUSTIN POWERS flick GOLDMEMBER has past the Bush test, according to a source close to the president.

"He already wants to see it again!" declared the well-placed source, after a screening of the Mike Myers comedy at Camp David.

At one point, according to the source, CIA agent Foxxy Cleopatra and crew had the Commander-in-Chief in total laughter.

"He totally cracked up...love it."

Bush knew the original AUSTIN POWERS movies inside out. During the presidential campaign, Bush often lifted his pinkie to the corner of his mouth -- to mimic the Dr. Evil character -- at aggressive reporters.

GOLDMEMBER opens wide on Friday.

We have a 55 year old simpleton occupying the White House!

Yes, yes, this particular quote is old news by now though...

So, if this is even true, this makes him dumb all of a sudden? Yet as you say the most powerful man in the world has the public spotlight on him constantly yet first mistake or slip-up the media and all of the Gore Losers are on him like stink on shit(e).

I wonder why he is not perfect? Oh thats right, he is human. And he's probably smarter than all of you put together, just not as jealous as you are.

:) :cool:

Z Edge: Are you deaf AND blind? I CAN understand why someone like yourself would agree with Bush's policies, but I don't get how ANYONE wouldn't notice how ignorant the man is. You made the point that someone who is under the public microscope 24/7 shouldn't be held to the same standards concerning their flubs and errors. This is true. We should have more respect for his frailities, but you know as well as I do that nearly 99% of everything he says in front of the camera is written by a speech-writer. It's little things like this quote refering to the blacks of Brazil that allow us to see what he's REALLY like, instead of the "pre-made" speeches that make him appear halfway average.

Danospano said:
Z Edge: Are you deaf AND blind? I CAN understand why someone like yourself would agree with Bush's policies, but I don't get how ANYONE wouldn't notice how ignorant the man is. You made the point that someone who is under the public microscope 24/7 shouldn't be held to the same standards concerning their flubs and errors. This is true. We should have more respect for his frailities, but you know as well as I do that nearly 99% of everything he says in front of the camera is written by a speech-writer. It's little things like this quote refering to the blacks of Brazil that allow us to see what he's REALLY like, instead of the "pre-made" speeches that make him appear halfway average.

Danospano:

"Halfway average" is awkward at best and redundant at worst.

Hi Bias said:
We have a 55 year old simpleton occupying the White House!

President Bush was born on July 6, 1946. This means he was fifty years old on July 6, 1996, and fifty-six on July 6, 2002. On the day you posted this - July 23, 2002 - President Bush would still be fifty-six years old.

Also, you should hyphenate "55 year old" in "55 year old simpleton."

I find it quite ironic that, in an effort to lampoon President Bush and his intelligence, you make a factual error and a grammatical error, both of which could have been easily avoided.

I well imagine that such irony was intentional; you are far too smart to make such simple and obvious mistakes.

I see right through your cunning strategery.

Danospano said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Danno:laugh::laugh::laugh:

SO with this logic if we were to put one of your intellectuals from the wacko brigade under this much scrutiny they would be, of course, perfect??

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

I never thought he was bright anyway. He is smart in the sense that he managed to be the President but I think he just lacks real-life smarts. He seems more of a book-smart guy than a street-smart guy. Do you get what I'm saying?

RavenStar said:
I never thought he was bright anyway. He is smart in the sense that he managed to be the President but I think he just lacks real-life smarts. He seems more of a book-smart guy than a street-smart guy. Do you get what I'm saying?

I disagree with you, but that is not a suprise;)

I get what you are saying, and I appreciate your opinion especially compared to the first few "experts" here who apparently have given Mr. Bush an IQ test.

Last edited:
Bush = MORON.

His numb-skullness has overshadowed even Dan Quayle, a truly great feat. This level of indiocy is rivaled, however, by our own Z Edge, who apparently doesn't share political ideologies or intelligence levels with his name sake.

What a bunch of assumptions. None of us have an idea of the man's intelligence. Have we done an IQ test like z edge suggests? No, I think not, same goes for other members of the forum. Grand sweeping generalisations about people's intelligence.
Oh, unless of course we are simply talking about this silly and ridiculous question Bush asked...Yes, saying something stupid. We have all done that. Lets not assume we can gauge someone's intellectual capacity based on saying something stupid. It is something everyone does.

Angela Harlem said:
What a bunch of assumptions. None of us have an idea of the man's intelligence. Have we done an IQ test like z edge suggests? No, I think not, same goes for other members of the forum. Grand sweeping generalisations about people's intelligence.
Oh, unless of course we are simply talking about this silly and ridiculous question Bush asked...Yes, saying something stupid. We have all done that. Lets not assume we can gauge someone's intellectual capacity based on saying something stupid. It is something everyone does.

YOU GO GIRL!
Hoo
HAH
DB9
:cool:

Let's be realistic here people. This is not an isolated incident. He's said countless things that were either totally ignorant, or totally wrong. When asked about a website making fun of him, he said "There ought to be limits on freedom"... this is the same guy fighting the "War on Terror" in the name of our great American freedom... when in fact he thinks it should be restricted.

If it was just misprononunciations, that would be one thing (it would still be rather odd for someone who supposedly went to the colleges he did) but his lack of knowledge on the world is alarming. Bubba, trying to find missing hyphens and slight errors is not the same as a man asking questions so ridiciulous that it shocks his peers! It's not like Bush said "I hear you have almost as many blacks as the United States" At least that would have revealed some knowledge that Brazil had a lot of black citizens... but nope, he wasn't even sure if they were in the country... and he asked it in such a junior high way... "do you have blacks, too?" If Bush's only troubles were hyphens and remembering ages, then I would have no trouble with the guy.

But he's supposed to be the most powerful man in the world! I hold him to a much higher standard! Here's a man starting wars, spreading ridiculous propaganda ("you're with us or against us"), yet he doesn't know a thing about the world. He's campaigning across the world, promising to drive out a military group that until recently he hadn't heard of (sorry, he had, but he thought they were a band).

Bubba, clearly you're an intelligent man... how can you overlook such glaring ignorance from the leader of your country? Along with the many other shady things surrounding his term so far?

Z Edge, it appears your idea of a response to a challenge is to just laugh as if the other person is wrong. That doesn't cut it in a public forum.

z edge said:
So, if this is even true, this makes him dumb all of a sudden?

his dumbness is not an 'all of a sudden' realization for many of us; it's been self-evident for quite some time

oops-- didn't see DrTeeth's similar post.

but I am happy to have similar thoughts as the good doc :)

KingPin said:
Bubba, clearly you're an intelligent man... how can you overlook such glaring ignorance from the leader of your country? Along with the many other shady things surrounding his term so far?

I can overlook such "glaring ignorance" for a couple reasons.

First, I honestly think it's the exception, not the rule - it's simply being overreported. Part of this is a matter of technology: three national cable news networks and the ubiquitious internet.

But I also believe there's a bias on the part of the media: In 92/93, around the time of the inauguration, there was footage of Gore walking around Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's estate). He noticed a couple busts and asked who they were - and they were such inconsequential figures as George Washingtion. Such a faux pas made neither the nightly newscast or the late-night monologue. For certain Repbulicans (first Dan Quayle, now George W. Bush), reporters and commentators seem to look for any and every misstep. Others would have to make a VERY ridiculous claim in a VERY public place and other politicians would have to mention it before it would appear on the radar: see also, Gore's claim to have invented the Internet.

I do believe that President Bush is a very smart man - just not the most well-spoken. Sure, opponents will claim that people write his speeches, and that's true: but I believe, as is the case with MOST politicians, the speechwriters merely crystalize, organize, and strengthen what Bush himself wants to say; and Bush himself has final approval of every speech.

The alternative is ridiculous: it's difficult to suggest without evidence that some writer came up with the politically charged phrase "axis of evil" and Bush just nodded his head and went with it.

The second reason I accept the verbal missteps is that I do believe he's a fairly honest guy. It seems to me that the last President was Bush's opposite in two respects: President Clinton was an undeniably talented speaker but also a congenital liar. Certainly, he lied about his so-called private life, a life that was led in the public offices of the White House, a life he was compelled to explain under Oath; but he also lied about policy. He lied about the state of things ("worst economy in fifty years"), lied about his and his opponents' track records, and lied about what bills did. I was always under the impression that he never made a campaign promise he actually meant; and he met that low expectation.

(The latest edition of Bartlett's collection of well-known quotes contains, I believe, only three Clinton quotes: how he "didn't inhale," how he "didn't have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky," and his question about the meaning of the word "is." Granted, none of these were written by speechmakers, but they were all tied to Clinton's efforts to cover his own ass through deception.)

Almost everything Clinton said was witty, but also quite untrustworthy. Bush occasionally misspeaks, but we know what he meant, and I believe he means what he says. Certainly, his track record isn't perfect - particularly in backtracking on his opposition to McCain-Feingold and in his unwillingness to direct the domestic agenda so that he can fulfill his campaign promises - but I still think he's much more trustworthy than Clinton, and I'll take his foibles if that includes his honesty.

Regarding the "many other shady things" surrounding the Bush Administration, the ONLY thing that comes to mind is Enron. Bush knew those who ran Enron - but they were all in the Texas oil business, so that's not surprising. There IS NO evidence of wrongdoing on Bush's part - no evidence that his friendships involved the mishandling of Enron itself.

Sure, the administration could be more forthcoming with its information, but there are precedents for keeping some information internal - and the Democrats can always make efforts to force the White House's hand, and THEY HAVEN'T.

Truth is, Democrats don't want to find out the truth: the appearance of "shady things" is MUCH more politically useful (particularly if the truth is benign), and a thorough investigation is just as likely to cast a bad light on Democrats who are themselves closely tied to Enron - like Bill Clinton.

And another truth is that the Democrats don't even know what to charge Bush with: first, he was supposed to have helped Enron, but his policies did the opposite. Then, the accusation was that his efforts helped sink Enron - THEN the accusation was that, for some odd reason, Bush should have publically told Enron stockholders to sell.

At the moment, the accusations are nothing more than that: accusations, in this case perpurtrated by a party that's still pissed about the election and willing to do practically anything to win back political power.

It's like the accusations about Republicans wanting to kill the elderly and starve children. If the accusations were believable, then we'd have something to discuss. Until that point, they condemn the accusers much more than the accused.

MiniFly said:
Bush = MORON.

His numb-skullness has overshadowed even Dan Quayle, a truly great feat. This level of indiocy is rivaled, however, by our own Z Edge, who apparently doesn't share political ideologies or intelligence levels with his name sake.

Before you make such a bold statement, pointing out another person's alleged lack of intelligence, you might want to correct your own spelling errors.

Numb-skullness and indiocy are not words.

As always Bubba show how smart he is, I think is very hard to defend Mr. Bush intelligence (or lack of it), is more easy to attack someone else, I guess we all know who Bill Clinton was. this makes Bush IQ higher?

Historians have let us know President Truman, a Democrat, was known to mangle words and sentence structure.:ohmy:
Made a few verbal blunders here and there:yes:
He went down in history as a great President.
So will GW.:)
Peace
DB9
:idea:

rafmed said:
As always Bubba show how smart he is, I think is very hard to defend Mr. Bush intelligence (or lack of it), is more easy to attack someone else, I guess we all know who Bill Clinton was. this makes Bush IQ higher?

Raf-
Having the highest IQ doesnt necessarily make you the greatest world leader.
Jimmy Carter was brilliant
Bill Clinton was smart/savvy..

GW hs humbling came forward and sad many times he is a "plain speaking man":)

This how he KICKED Al Gores ASS in the Presidental Debates..
Al Gore tried to out do himself and W made him his bitch;)
DB9
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom