Drugs Found In Gore's Son's Prius

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

struckpx

Acrobat
Source: CNN

LAGUNA NIGUEL, California (AP) -- Al Gore's son was arrested early Wednesday on suspicion of possessing marijuana and prescription drugs after deputies pulled him over for speeding, authorities say.
art.gore.mug.ap.jpg

Marijuana and prescription drugs were found in the car Al Gore III was driving, police said.

Al Gore III, 24, was driving a blue Toyota Prius about 100 mph on the San Diego Freeway when he was pulled over about 2:15 a.m., Sheriff's Department spokesman Jim Amormino said.

The deputies said they smelled marijuana and searched the car, Amormino said.

They found less than an ounce of marijuana along with Xanax, Valium, Vicodin and Adderall, which is used for attention deficit disorder, he said.

"He does not have a prescription for any of those drugs," Amormino said.

Gore was released from the men's central jail in Santa Ana after posting $20,000 bail. Video Watch Gore leave jail without comment »

Amormino said Gore had yet to hire an attorney.

Kalee Kreider, a spokeswomen for his parents, did not immediately return phone messages to The Associated Press on Wednesday.

The son of the former vice president and Democratic presidential nominee also was pulled over and arrested for pot possession in December 2003, in Bethesda, Maryland, while he was a student at Harvard University.
advertisement

He completed substance abuse counseling as part of a pretrial diversion program to settle those charges.

The youngest of Al and Tipper Gore's four children and their only son, Gore lives in Los Angeles and is an associate publisher of GOOD, a magazine about philanthropy aimed at young people.
art.gore.mug.ap.jpg

As the saying goes: Like father, like son. Gore was quite the hippee back in the day. This officially ruins his chances of running, for the smallest mistakes these days screws up your campaign. Although he says he wasn't going to run, I think this put the nail to the shed. Of course, I wish the best for him and a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
Frankly there aren't many politicians kids these days who haven't been arrested on drug or alcohol charges. (Bush twins anyone?)

...and I'm sure Gore's "hippie" days had a lot to do with his son having these problems :eyebrow:

I just hope this sheds light on the all too common perscription drug addicted nation we have become, and of courst that Mr. Gore III goes into rehab or whatever and gets taken care of.

Oh yeah, Giuliani's kid. He's had drug problems, does that not ruin Rudy's chances?

You have to feel kind of sorry for these politicians kids. They're brought into the spotlight and put under scrutiny and not by their choice.

struckpx said:
This officially ruins his chances of running, for the smallest mistakes these days screws up your campaign.

Definitely.

We all know how Bush didn't get elected in 2004 when everyone saw those pictures of his daughters trashed and walking around without underwear.

Wait, seriously, a hippy for that pharmacy? Marajuana is pretty mainstream these days, buddy, and I know plenty of people who are actively anti-hippy who still indulge. The other drugs are not about peace and love but are related to meth (Adderall), popular downers (Valium), or popular to snort (Vicodin, also a downer I believe). Again, not as commonly used as marajuana (except Adderall, which flows like water on any preppy college campus) but by no means are those drugs that are used by the group of people you would stereotype as "hippies" if you found them on the street. Just because his father has liberal politics and is a wonderful environmental activist doesn't mean the kid's a hippy for having a few drugs.

As for this ruining his campaign, that is frankly just stupid, and perhaps wishful thinking on your part? In addition to all the other candidates and current presidents whose children have had drug problems, what about the candidates and presidents who themselves have done harder drugs than Gore's youngest son was caught with? (What to Bush and Obama have in common, anyone? *sniff sniff*)

Anyone who would, seriously, reconsider voting for somebody because their 24 YEAR OLD son smoked pot is a complete idiot. Seriously. I mean, he's 24. Not that I think Al Gore was even planning to run (I don't) or that he'd have had a chance of winning, but come on.

And I'd never heard of Alderall, I certainly would never have figured it to be more common than Vicodin...

Adderall is really commonly abused among high school and college students, especially at exam time. It's an ADD drug that is a methamphetamine and drastically increases concentration and productivity. People use it to write papers and study for exams, so it doesn't quite have the same use as other perscription drugs used recreationally.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Is this thread for real?

Why wouldn't it be? Is there something wrong w/ discussing Al Gore and his son?

I feel it sad that the public openly criticized Dick Cheney's daughter for being a lesbian, yet we feel remorse for this guy. Ultimately, instead of Gore being on Larry King last night he should have been supporting his son.

When did the public criticize Dick Cheney's daughter for being who she is?

If anything some criticized Cheney for taking positions against gay/lesbian rights, in spite of having a lesbian daughter.

CTU2fan said:
Anyone who would, seriously, reconsider voting for somebody because their 24 YEAR OLD son smoked pot is a complete idiot. Seriously. I mean, he's 24. Not that I think Al Gore was even planning to run (I don't) or that he'd have had a chance of winning, but come on.

And I'd never heard of Alderall, I certainly would never have figured it to be more common than Vicodin...

So, why is Rudy Giuliani's relationship with his children brought up constantly then. Just a month ago that was a front page story. Why?

struckpx said:

I feel it sad that the public openly criticized Dick Cheney's daughter for being a lesbian, yet we feel remorse for this guy.

Excuse me, but you're ridiculous.

The only people who have a problem with Cheney's daughter's sexual orientation are Republican bigots who vote for Cheney. Don't paint the rest of the public with that disgusting brush.

struckpx said:

So, why is Rudy Giuliani's relationship with his children brought up constantly then. Just a month ago that was a front page story. Why?

I think there are a couple of things at play.

Quite honestly, I think it is a combination of the media trying to dig up every possible piece of dirt that they can on Rudy. They have done this to candidates on both sides of the aisle.

I think some of it is attention seeking behavior on the part of Andrew Giulliani.

Ultimately, I thinks some of these personal foibles of political candidates (i.e. Bill Clinton and the "I didn't inhale" and pre-Monica accusatons of sexual harrasment; GW Bush's past issues with alcohol; Dick Cheney having a lesbian daughter, etc.) matter less and less to the voting public.

Yes, these foibles can be fodder for mud slinging from extremists on both sides of the aisle, but to the average Joe or Jave Voter, I don't think there as relevant as the media wants us to think.

After all, who among us has a skeleton-free closet?

The nerve of that hippy!

To think........

Smoking something that grows out of the ground.

Next thing you know those hippies will be eating animals.

It's on the front page because douchey people like salacious news. They are in the majority and you can make millions upon millions on reporting this tripe. I don't think it effects elections at all, I think it gives networks and publications an excuse to run with the latest sensationalist garbage and justify their own money lust.

Evey single news program asks "Why do people care about Paris HIlton?" or "Why is the media covering this?" and they are aware of their own hypocrisy as they report on it, yet they keep up the game.

Greedy fucks, that's all. At least they aren't hippies, ingesting plants from the earth, degenerates.

Last edited:
struckpx said:

Why wouldn't it be? Is there something wrong w/ discussing Al Gore and his son?
Calling him a "hippy"? What era are you from?

Talking about how it will ruin his running? What are you talking about, we have a recovering alcoholic cokehead running the country.

struckpx said:

I feel it sad that the public openly criticized Dick Cheney's daughter for being a lesbian, yet we feel remorse for this guy.
You can't be this clueless...

struckpx said:

Ultimately, instead of Gore being on Larry King last night he should have been supporting his son.

Wow, you're a judgemental one aren't you? You have the whole world figured out, you know exactly what would make Gore a better father?

Get off it...

struckpx said:

Ladies and gentlemen of the forum, I'd like to enter Exhibit A into the "out of touch with reality" case. :wink:

Struck, I'd like you to see you find one example of the public openly criticizing Mary Cheney for being a lesbian that wasn't written by a conservative and/or Christian fundamentalist. Go on, try.

Besides the republican bigots, the only criticism that Mary Cheney publicly received was from those in the gay/lesbian community who couldn't understand why she would lobby so strongly for a party that wants to deny her rights and treat her like a second class citizen simply because of her sexual orientation.

U2DMfan said:
The nerve of that hippy!

To think........

Smoking something that grows out of the ground.

Next thing you know those hippies will be eating animals.

:lol:

Seriously though, who cares what a politician's son/daughter is doing with his/her time? Pot doesn't worry me at all. Hopefully, he gets help with the prescription drug problems though.

And where in the hell are some of the comments from struckpx coming from? Please enlighten us as to what you are on!

struckpx said:

art.gore.mug.ap.jpg

As the saying goes: Like father, like son. Gore was quite the hippee back in the day. This officially ruins his chances of running, for the smallest mistakes these days screws up your campaign. Although he says he wasn't going to run, I think this put the nail to the shed. Of course, I wish the best for him and a speedy recovery.

Quite the hippy? You mean when he was serving in Vietnam? While your pot smoking, booze swilling, coke snorting, party frat boy Bush was going AWOL from stateside Guard service. Daddy being forced to use his influence to keep him from being dishonorably discharged.

Struck, if your really 18, you best be opening your eyes quickly. Because the armed forces are having trouble filling the ranks these days, and when the draft is reinstated because of this, you, my friend, are going to be the first to go. How does an all expenses paid trip to Baghdad sound. You can shove some democracy down their throats. Probably some great places there to skateboard. And when your legs are blown off, don't worry, Walter Reed hospital will take good care of you.

If your into it, my cousin would love to let you take his place. He's on his 3rd tour, and from what he's seen, he'd kick Bush right in the balls if given the chance.

Re: Re: Drugs Found In Gore's Son's Prius

hardyharhar said:

Quite the hippy? You mean when he was serving in Vietnam? While your pot smoking, booze swilling, coke snorting, party frat boy Bush was going AWOL from stateside Guard service. Daddy being forced to use his influence to keep him from being dishonorably discharged.

Struck, if your really 18, you best be opening your eyes quickly. Because the armed forces are having trouble filling the ranks these days, and when the draft is reinstated because of this, you, my friend, are going to be the first to go. How does an all expenses paid trip to Baghdad sound. You can shove some democracy down their throats. Probably some great places there to skateboard. And when your legs are blown off, don't worry, Walter Reed hospital will take good care of you.

If your into it, my cousin would love to let you take his place. He's on his 3rd tour, and from what he's seen, he'd kick Bush right in the balls if given the chance.

Dayyyyyyuuuum, struck just got burned!

Great comment hardyharhar :up: :applaud:

JCOSTER said:
At least he was driving a Prius, isn't that a hybrid? :huh:

Well, can't say he doesn't support all things 'green' then.....

And at least we didn't hear any "I didn't inhale" crap.

Who cares about the pot and drugs. He was cruising 100 miles per hour and could have hurt someone else. I hope he gets some help.

So what? My mother does some crap that I don't necessarily agree with or condone but she's a totally different person than I am. Just because people are related doesn't make them responsible for each other's actions.

Back
Top Bottom