Dr. Strangelove where are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
*North Korea has at least two NUKES.
*North Korea has ballistic missles that can reach Alaska and Hawaii.
*Pakistan gave North Korea some of the tehnology that helped them create weapons grade uranium.

It appears that we will be spread extremely thin if GW Decides to do something about this one. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of "spreading thin," doesn't it appear that Al-Qaeda has regrouped in Southeast Asia? What...they didn't regroup in Iraq? :der:

Melon

"North Korea cannot be allowed to develop a nuclear bomb. We have to be very firm about it." - Bill Clinton, "Meet the Press," Nov. 7, 1993.

"Diplomacy with North Korea has scored a resounding triumph. Monday's draft agreement freezing and then dismantling North Korea's nuclear program should bring to an end two years of international anxiety and put to rest widespread fears that an unpredictable nation might provoke nuclear disaster.
The U.S. negotiator Robert Gallucci and his North Korean interlocutors have drawn up a detailed road map of reciprocal steps that both sides accepted despite deep mutual suspicion. In so doing they have defied impatient hawks and other skeptics who accused the Clinton Administration of gullibility and urged swifter, stronger action. The North has agreed first to freeze its nuclear program in return for U.S. diplomatic recognition and oil from Japan and other countries to meet its energy needs. Pyongyang will then begin to roll back that program as an American-led consortium replaces the North's nuclear reactors with two new ones that are much less able to be used for bomb-making. At that time, the North will also allow special inspections of its nuclear waste sites, which could help determine how much plutonium it had extracted from spent fuel in the past." - The New York Times, wrong yet again, October 19, 1994.

John McCain, the same day the Times came out hailing the Clinton deal:
On at least eight previous occasions, North Korea has lied to the Clinton Administration. With this agreement, Administration officials have willingly acquiesced in Pyongyang's almost certain further deception. Yet again, the Administration has mistaken resolving the North Korean nuclear crisis with merely postponing its apogee. ...I suspect that the Administration's willlingness to delay the resolution of this crisis is premised on their presumption that the bankrupt North Korean economy will force the regime's collapse before they violate the agreement. Unfortunately, their economy may be salvaged during the interim period by the hallf a billion tons of oil they will receive annually, the opening of trade relations with the U.S., and greater trade with its Asian neighbors, which the agreement [provides for]. Thus, the Administration has accomplished the remarkable feat of allowing the North Koreans to have their carrot cake and eat it too.

What does J McCain say about Iraq, today?

Interesting..

The song I dedicate to the Pacifists/Apologists here-
"Stand or Fall"
The Fixx...

DB9
:cool:

Better yet.....I wonder how many people know who Dr. Strangeglove is?????????

Well, I figure the title of the thread may have contributed to its demise...LOL

OLD.......34 years old and feeling old here!!!!

:sigh:

Last edited:
d-

if u r only 24, then S.L. is even b4 your time. I was 24, in '84.
talk about old....

could have sworn your prior post said 24....stuck in senior moment...cant get out....help.

You were right...I edited it...you are not slipping...yet!!!!

Dread,

I don't know who Dr StrangeGLOVE is.

rumsfeld.jpg

But, I think this might be Dr. Strangelove.

Last edited:
us3 said:
d-

if u r only 24, then S.L. is even b4 your time. I was 24, in '84.
talk about old....

u-

i was born in '84. :sexywink:

and no, i don't know who dr. strangelove is, though i'm familiar with the name.

:shrug: someone feel like educating me?

A 1964 Stanley Kubrick movie of the same name. The subtitle was "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Bomb". Starred Peter Sellers in multiple rolls and the unforgettable Slim Pickens.

nbcrusader said:
A 1964 Stanley Kubrick movie of the same name. The subtitle was "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Bomb". Starred Peter Sellers in multiple rolls and the unforgettable Slim Pickens.

Slim Pickins riding that NUKE....WAAAAAHHHOOOOO

Dreadsox said:
Better yet.....I wonder how many people know who Dr. Strangeglove is?????????

Ok, somebody changed the title of this thread.

It was: Dr. Strangeglove where are you?

I guess it was just a typo.

I have seen Dr Strangelove a few times. It is a great movie. It is in B&W i think. (that means no color, Lilly and other younguns)

_1625095_rums300.jpg

I still think this guy could be a DR Strangelove.

deep said:

I have seen Dr Strangelove a few times. It is a great movie. It is in B&W i think. (that means no color, Lilly and other younguns)

:ohmy: no color? was this regular practice?

and i edited the title of the thread because i was asked to. it was indeed misspelled originally.

Back
Top Bottom