Doonesbury's Trudeau Uses Racial Slur For Nat'l Security Advisor Rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
db040407.gif

Trudeau is not an elected official.

GHW Bush called his grandchildern "the little brown ones".

I don't think Jeb's wife appreciated it very much.

And then we have W. saying "You got blacks in Brazil?"

To the Brazilian head of state.

verte76 said:
I am getting tired of reading the news. Is there something wrong with me, the news, or both? :help: :help: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Watch Canadian news sometime. They actually, dare I say it, broadcast "news." Here in the U.S., we laugh at historical figures like William Randolph Hearst ("Citizen Kane" is a parody of him), but our news is exactly like his. All we do now is broadcast rumors, sound bites, etc., and they're never followed up.

It is said that "60 Minutes" is the last true news outlet in the U.S. The rest--and I tend to agree--are all fearmongering tabloid trash. The state of journalism in America today is nothing short of embarrassing, especially when I see news networks censoring themselves, almost literally on cue from the White House.

Melon

What no one has mentioned so far is that Dubya has a documented tendency of giving all his staffers slightly embarrassing nicknames, regardless of race or gender. I think that's what Trudeau may be poking fun at, especially given the Bushes' less-than-sterling record on using accepted names for ethnic/racial groups (e.g. "the little brown ones," "Grecians").

personally I do think that calling this a racial slur is funnier than the actual joke in the cartoon :up:

paxetaurora said:
What no one has mentioned so far is that Dubya has a documented tendency of giving all his staffers slightly embarrassing nicknames, regardless of race or gender. I think that's what Trudeau may be poking fun at, especially given the Bushes' less-than-sterling record on using accepted names for ethnic/racial groups (e.g. "the little brown ones," "Grecians").

Oh, yeah.........OK.

I've been seeing her on TV this morning and I feel so sorry for her. It's not her fault. Why don't they LEAVE HER ALONE! :mad: :(

nbcrusader said:

Smells like guilty until proven innocent....

I agree. If she were a LIBERAL black woman, nobody could touch her.

I would like to know what you all think she did wrong. Terrrorism is a constant threat, and you can't ever really tell when and where it will strike. What was she supposed to do?

1- find every young Arab male in flight schools, round them up and lock them up or deport them.

----and get accused of racial profiling and violation of human rights

There is enough complaining about that now, after the fact, especially at airports. How could this ever have been done, really?

2-go attack all the countries that harbor terrorist and root them out!

---sure, the military action taken in Afghanistan and Iraq are unpopular enough AFTER the fact of 9-11, can you image sending troops BEFORE it happened??

3- station fighter jets around all US tall buildings at all times, just in case!

--get real, now, no one is a mind reader. Rice, Bush and the entire gov't had no idea how attacks were going to happen so they were powerless to stop it.

People are so upset now because of it, but consider that BEFORE it happened, no one knew it was going to happen, so they would not have supported anything that might have been done to prevent it (like #'s 1 and 2) because it HADN'T happened yet, and everyone would have condemned the gov't for it.

Another major thing is, intelligence gathering in the fight against terrorism is very difficult, because the people involved do not tell on each other and would not accept spies infiltrating into their midst, which has worked in other situations. Because they are willing to DIE to kill Americans, some even want to and believe they will be glorified for it, there is NOTHING you can do to scare them. Even if you tortured them in interrogation they would never betray their brethren. They would die first, or give false info to throw us off.

So the administration loses either way.

But if they were liberals, no one would care. This wouldn't even be an issue.

Last edited:
Lilac said:

I agree. If she were a LIBERAL black woman, nobody could touch her.

That's the biggest load of bullshit I've read in here in awhile. Nice way to play the race card.

Lilac said:

I would like to know what you all think she did wrong. Terrrorism is a constant threat, and you can't ever really tell when and where it will strike. What was she supposed to do?

1- find every young Arab male in flight schools, round them up and lock them up or deport them.

I think the fact that they never had any desire to learn to land may have been a big tip off.

Have you taken a look at any of the evidence?

Now I'm not judging her guilty, for I'm still researching some of the evidence out there myself, but there's quite a bit of evidence that would at least have conservatives questioning the actions of this administration. But for some reason there are still those that want to avoid all evidence and automatically claim someone innocent because they are on their "side".

BonoVoxSupastar said:
That's the biggest load of bullshit I've read in here in awhile. Nice way to play the race card.

Come on now. There have been a couple of members who have used the "Uncle Tom" standard before.

nbcrusader said:

Smells like guilty until proven innocent....

Nope. I was asking for a clarification of the assumption that the National Security Advisor was "not at fault" and "should be left alone."

If she should be "left alone," then what is the job of the National Security Advisor?

I was with Lilac until the last sentence. Regardless of who was in office during 9/11, there would be an uproar over this either way.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Sure, it's always 'bullshit' to someone on the 'other side.' Best way to try to strike down an opponent by discrediting their position. I'm surprised you didn't post laughy faces or rolleyes too. And maybe it's time SHE played the 'race card.' It works, thanks to all the PC people. She might as well use it to her advantage. Not only is she black, she's a woman so she can play the sex card too. That's why I think if she were a liberal no one would mess with her.

Sorry Pax., but I appreciate you reading and being with me on my other comments:) I really don't think this would be happening if she were a liberal, or if a liberal administration was in office. It seems to me to be an attempt by the opponents of the current admin. to bring a few people down or give them bad publicity in an election year. Sorry that's how it looks. Playing politics.

I think the fact that they never had any desire to learn to land may have been a big tip off.

But given the fact that NO ONE had ever been known to crash airplanes into buildings before, why would they consider that?
I hate to give them any postive comments, but the terrorists carried out a brilliant and ingenius plan that stumped everybody, and that is to their credit and not to the discredit of Rice. You can't image every possible thing they might do if no one's done it before and you don't think that way and you have no credible spies to reveal such secrets. It was a situation like we had never had before. But we 'won't get fooled again.'

Have you taken a look at any of the evidence?

Yes, and I still don't think it was enough to make her guilty of not acting on something she had no idea about. Why not blame the FBI, national security is their job, all those agents. But NO ONE guessed. They would have needed a time machine, or have been mind readers. That is why I think she, or anyone else in her position, should be guilty of not stopping it. How?

I am on her 'side.' But not because she's a woman, or because she's conservative. I'm on her side because I think she did the best job she could have, and these were outrageous, unexpected and until then unheard of tactics there was no defense against because NOBODY had any idea what was going to happen or when it would strike. The terrorists fooled us, fooled the gov't, fooled the world. But it won't work a second time. The lesson learned from this is valuable, though it will never replace all we lost in 9-11, it can stop more attacks like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom