Donate A Phone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2sangel

War Child
21 Duke Street Dublin eating a gorgonzola sandwich
Most of us have cell phones but here is a program that will take your old phone and reprogram it and then it is given to a battered women to make a 911 call if she needs to The Wireless Foundation does the reprgraming you can send your phone to Call To Protect c/o Motorola 1580 Ellsworth Road Ann Arbor Michigan 48108 donating the phone and the shipping are tax deductible!

great cause

i have donated two phones

.here is a site <-------------------------

where you may find a local store to drop off your phone

Facts About Domestic Violence
The Wireless Foundation, which provided the shocking statistics below, is the organization behind Call To Protect:

Every 15 seconds the crime of battery occurs.

More than 5,000 women each day are assaulted by their partners.

More than one in three Americans have witnessed an incident of domestic violence.

Approximately 42-percent of female murder victims are those who were attacked by their intimate partners.

During the six months following an episode of domestic violence, 32-percent of battered women are victimized again.

40-60-percent of men who abuse women also abuse children.

Violence against women occurs in 20-percent of dating couples.

One study of women visiting emergency rooms for treatment found that 54-percent had been threatened or injured by an intimate partner at some time in their lives, and 24-percent reported having been injured by their current partner in the past.

60-percent of women in one study reported acts of abuse after receiving an order of protection, and 30-percent reported acts of severe violence.

88-percent of domestic violence victim fatalities had a documented history of physical abuse.

Almost two in three female victims of domestic violence are related to or know their attacker.

Over 50-percent of all homeless women and children in the US are fleeing domestic violence.

The prevalence of physical abuse is reported four times more often when women are asked directly in interviews than when they respond to questionnaires.

The level of injury in response to domestic violence is severe: of 218 women treated at a metropolitan emergency department with injuries due to domestic violence, 28-percent required admission to hospitals from injuries, and 13-percent required major medical treatment. Of the women, 40-percent had previously required medical care for abuse.

thanks guys! I knew about this but didn't know what to do. I just got a new phone so I'll be sure to put my old one to good use :wave:

This is a great idea. Alltel and Verizon offer this service in my town. It's a great way to get help to people that can really use it. It's nice to give one on one.

Back
Top Bottom