Does anyone else find this more than a little disturbing??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Again, we're talking about where the blame lies, based on shart's statement which BVS has continually quoted, and he has never addressed.

It's ridiculous to think that the media sets the standard. It's bullshit. The media reflects (and yes, sometimes) magnifies the standards set by THE PEOPLE. The media more reflects the times than sets them.

Ok, I can agree with you there. I was wrong saying the media sets the standard. I do believe it plays a huge factor, though, because it's the biggest communicator of the standard IMO.

Last edited:
struckpx said:
its a natural reaction, just like guys are supposed to be in good shape. its not worth debating over. we just like to look good.
What's wrong is THIS. http://www.ethelgranger.com/index.html

:crazy: I wouldn't purport to tell anyone else whether something is worth debating or not, everyone has their own view, right? That's not what I was on about at all, though... it's not what the thread was about. I'm not saying it isn't worth discussing - of course it is, but... oh, never mind. *gives up on own thread*

This was never about thin vs fat. That's not what this has ever been about. It started out as extremes that women would put their bodies in to appeal to that culture.
Thank you!

Last edited:
shart1780 said:
Ok, I can agree with you there. I was wrong saying the media sets the standard. I do believe it plays a huge factor, though, because it's the biggest communicator of the standard IMO.

Of the standard which we, as the people set.

shart1780 said:

Bingo. It's a lot like the chicken or the egg debate. You can't have one without the other. We feed off the media and the media feeds off of society and round and round we go.

sallycinnamon78 said:

What's wrong is THIS. http://www.ethelgranger.com/index.html

:crazy: I wouldn't purport to tell anyone else whether something is worth debating or not, everyone has their own view, right? That's not what I was on about at all, though... it's not what the thread was about. I'm not saying it isn't worth discussing - of course it is, but... oh, never mind. *gives up on own thread*

Thank you!

No one on thos board will debate the fact that women shouldn't be doing things like that to their bodies.

Back
Top Bottom