Do you realise that

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
1) That your great-grandparents were not a Christian, not a Muslim or not a Buddhist - only 110 generations ago.

2) If everyone abstains ( and no rapes please !!) for the next 50 years, this world will become extinct of Homo Sapiens in 110 or 120 years. Also no artifical methods after 50 years. When I say abstain i mean abstain from sex.

3) They are millions of people who would actually use a nuclear weapon - as soon as they acquire it. Isnt this fact apparent ?

Random realisations By

AcrobatMan

AcrobatMan said:

2) If everyone abstains ( and no rapes please !!) for the next 50 years, this world will become extinct of Homo Sapiens in 110 or 120 years. Also no artifical methods after 50 years. When I say abstain i mean abstain from sex.

Good luck on that one...
AcrobatMan said:

3) They are millions of people who would actually use a nuclear weapon - as soon as they acquire it. Isnt this fact apparent ?

How did you come up with this realization...a poll?

Re: Re: Re: Do you realise that

AcrobatMan said:

Do you have doubts ? I mean is ur estimate more than this..

or do you think 3 or 5

Yes, I don't think there are millions who would use one as soon as they acquired one. Maybe I'm being optimistic. I believe there to be a lot of stupid people in this world, but I would think millions would be stupid enough to not realize the consequences in using such a device.

Re: Re: Re: Do you realise that

AcrobatMan said:
Do you have doubts ? I mean is ur estimate more than this..

or do you think 3 or 5

Lest we forget all the single-celled organisms out there whose one drive other than phagocytotic sustenance is to vapourize existence.

3 or 5 Trillion? Yes that sounds infinitely more rational.

I'm pretty sure my great-grandparents were Christian, and they weren't alive 110 generations ago. :)

Don't quite understand the point of the other two...

diemen - i meant your ancestors 110 generations ago - i dont know to to explain that in english. why dont you understand the other points.

pinball - i was talking about 3 or 5 NOT 3 or 5 trillions

screaming - you can compare them with armed amoebas - good analogy

bonovox - why the good luck. i was just talking one way how humans can be extinct without the use of nukes

I mean, well yeah, if everyone abstains we'll die out quickly, but - what's the point of that observation? What relevance does it bring to our current situation? It's not like it's something that could likely occur.

It's like saying "you know, if everyone stopped eating starting tomorrow, we'd be extinct in a couple months, tops."

"Well....duh!"

:)

Diemen said:

It's like saying "you know, if everyone stopped eating starting tomorrow, we'd be extinct in a couple months, tops."

well yes..correct.. i am thinking of ways of how humans could become extinct..

1) nukes - quite likely once they reach "proper hands" - atleast partially extinct

2) everyone abstains for 45-50 years and then we become extinct
in 110 years - in this case - nobody is ending anyone else's life including himself

3) not eating - well thats like suicide.. for that minutes is enough..eating poison would be less painful way..

but i am sure they would be peopel who would rather die without eating food or consuming poison than not having sex....

right !! :)

Right, but #2 would never happen, just like everyone not eating anymore would never happen. Nuclear annihiliation could possibly if some whackos got a hold of the weapons (and even then it wouldn't turn into global annihilation), but there's just no way everyone would suddenly abstain from sex. Absolutely no way. There's no logic behind that choice. So why even compare the two?

Humanity is too good for that, trust me if we were able to survive Communism, Nazism and all manner of threats to the world I am confident that we will be able to continue moving forward to a future where space travel is advanced and we can all lead our lives to their full potential.

Peace, Technology and Humanity, thats all we need.

Last edited:
AcrobatMan said:

bonovox - why the good luck. i was just talking one way how humans can be extinct without the use of nukes

It was tongue in cheeck. You brought up an impossibility, it would be like me saying "do you realize if everyone put aside their differences there would never be war ever again." Both statements are pretty pointless.

Going around in circles...

AcrobatMan said:

True...100% agree ..thats why I put an IF.. read my original post !!

I did read your original post, which is why I said what I did. Putting IF in front of it doesn't make it any more likely to happen, so why bother bringing it up as a possibility? It's a pointless statement because it has no basis in reality. We can list off hundreds of things that could cause extinction, but if they are simply illogical and would never occur, why bother?

? If cats organized a massive revolt and killed off all the humans, then humans would be extinct.
? If all water suddenly turned into hydrochloric acid, then humans would become extinct.
? If computers grew fangs and claws and legs and devoured all life in sight, then humans would become extinct.
? If Anna Nicole Smith become the ruler of all the world, then humanity would become extinct very quickly.

Each of these is just as likely to occur as all humans abstaining from sex. An exercise in pointlessness.

Re: Going around in circles...

Diemen said:

? If cats organized a massive revolt and killed off all the humans, then humans would be extinct.

or

Diemen said:

? If Anna Nicole Smith become the ruler of all the world, then humanity would become extinct very quickly.

It's tough but I think I'd much rather be killed off by cats rather than have Anna as the leader of humanity.

Re: Going around in circles...

Diemen said:

? If all water suddenly turned into hydrochloric acid, then humans would become extinct.
? If computers grew fangs and claws and legs and devoured all life in sight, then humans would become extinct.

but i liked your options but

all cats wont make humans extinct - if they try to make humans extinct, they would be extinct.

Water can suddenly not become HCl - no matter whatever everyone of us does.

Computer cannot grow fangs..no matter all of us tried

anyway it was just a random thought..not to be taken too seriously

:wink:

My grandparents are athiests now let alone way back when.

Dunno about the nukes thing. Theres a lot of people that have access to nuclear parts, chemical and biological weapons and dont do anything with them. I was trying to count in my head just then how many people I work with that could take out a chunk of the populis if they felt like it. And I have lost count. And thats just people at the University that I work out. Theres tonnes more Unis and labs across the planet.

Back
Top Bottom